Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Stuck at installing Security Update for 10.13.06

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could you share what that link is or where you get your drivers from, so I can keep a lookout for it? Thanks

I'll hang back on doing that for now. Don't want to create disappointment in case it comes to nothing - but I am watching it. Although the link is a real one, it maybe just a reserved one in case they do release them.

We will update the NVidia driver archive here if they arrive.

:)

Disconnect all drives other than the one that you are updating.
No need to 'get rid' of anything.
Disconnect them phisically? As in opening the case and unplug the cables? I have a m.2 for Windows and 4 other hd´s... Can I ask why? Never had to do that before...

Disconnect them phisically? As in opening the case and unplug the cables? I have a m.2 for Windows and 4 other hd´s... Can I ask why? Never had to do that before...

When you have multiple disks connected (yes physically) it appears that the installer may become confused resulting in this screen :

1590684335120.png

This may be avoided by disconnecting any additional drives.
You don't have to do it, maybe you can find another solution.

When you have multiple disks connected (yes physically) it appears that the installer may become confused resulting in this screen :

View attachment 472164

This may be avoided by disconnecting any additional drives.
You don't have to do it, maybe you can find another solution.
First of all, I'd like to apologize for my earlier comments, rightfully deleted for being off-topic. My issue had to do with the aptiofix drivers (I had 2 active).
And coming back to this topic, I found this error when selecting the "install MacHD" clover option after having restarted several times into the normal MacHD clover option. What i did is: booting into the usual MacHD clover option, applying the security update again from the appstore and then restarting directly into the "install MacHD" twice to finish the update (it does it alone). Then I installed the Nvidia drivers and I'm golden.

Hope this helps.

First of all, I'd like to apologize for my earlier comments, rightfully deleted for being off-topic. My issue had to do with the aptiofix drivers (I had 2 active).
And coming back to this topic, I found this error when selecting the "install MacHD" clover option after having restarted several times into the normal MacHD clover option. What i did is: booting into the usual MacHD clover option, applying the security update again from the appstore and then restarting directly into the "install MacHD" twice to finish the update (it does it alone). Then I installed the Nvidia drivers and I'm golden.

Hope this helps.

I needed to unplug all drives except the Mac boot drive, and then ran App Store Update (following the same procedure you did from here). However, the App Store installed a newer security update than Nvidia has a web driver for, so I've got to wait for that.

There was a post earlier that stated that the update is available through the Nvidia Manager.
Really? Cuz it wasn't there yesterday. I will check. Thanks.

No idea, I don't use it.
Yup, that one's new since yesterday and it worked. Eventually I'm gonna get an AMD GPU so I don't have to deal with the NVIDIA crap anymore (though I prefer NVIDIA).

Yup, that one's new since yesterday and it worked. Eventually I'm gonna get an AMD GPU so I don't have to deal with the NVIDIA crap anymore (though I prefer NVIDIA).
You're welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back