CPU
i7 4790k
Graphics
GTX 980 TI
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I had done this successfully in the past, but I'm clearly doing something wrong now. I tried installing the security update (I waited until there was an NVIDIA driver available for it), but upon reboot it just did an infinite reboot unless I selected a different boot option. Or I'll get an error message when it looks like it might work. At first I was selecting the Install From Mac SSD option, but that's where the endless loop comes in. When I choose Boot macOS From Macintosh option it boots up ok but with no update.

I've tried booting in Safe Mode, but no difference. I assume I missed or skipped a step in trying to update. Are there any helpful suggestions on how to fix this? Is there further information you need about the system?

Thanks in advance.

Hack Boot.jpg
Hack Boot 3.jpg

Hack Boot 2.jpg

If you have any other drives attached then disconnect them before running the update.

If you have any other drives attached then disconnect them before running the update.

Also any internal drives? I have a Win 10 boot drive. Then boot up to the "Boot macOS from Macintosh SSD" and try again? Or do I somehow get rid of the "Boot macOS Install from Macintosh SSD" first?

Disconnect all drives other than the one that you are updating.
No need to 'get rid' of anything.

Well that worked, except Apple installed OS 10.13.6 (17G13033), for which I can't find any Nvidia web drivers for. I thought I was installing 10.13.6 (17G9016), at least that's what the app updater said.

Well that worked, except Apple installed OS 10.13.6 (17G13033), for which I can't find any Nvidia web drivers for. I thought I was installing 10.13.6 (17G9016), at least that's what the app updater said.

No Nvidia drivers released as yet ...

Well, crap on a cracker.:(

Not pleasant ...

I've actually found a reserved file-download link, but so far the file's not there yet. Promising, considering NVidia have no obligation now.

Not pleasant ...

I've actually found a reserved file-download link, but so far the file's not there yet. Promising, considering NVidia have no obligation now.

Could you share what that link is or where you get your drivers from, so I can keep a lookout for it? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back