Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Stuck at boot screen

Hi there.

I think your hardware and Ventura might be the problem.

Apple only supported the i5-6500 up to Monterey. Even though you are using system-definition iMac18,3 which does support Ventura (but not the forthcoming Sonoma).

If you have a specific reason to install Ventura then perhaps try spoofing a Kaby Lake CPU in Cpuid1Data (E90609). It may or may not work. Otherwise try Monterey.

:)
Thanks for the informations. I've read posts saying how to spoof in DeviceProperties section. But I don't think it's about the graphics. It's saying AHCI or something similar

I've also tried installing Monterey and it stalled at: "usbtoolbox waitformatchservice failed or time out" although I mapped my USB ports correctly using USBToolBox

Thanks for the informations. I've read posts saying how to spoof in DeviceProperties section. But I don't think it's about the graphics. It's saying AHCI or something similar

I've also tried installing Monterey and it stalled at: "usbtoolbox waitformatchservice failed or time out" although I mapped my USB ports correctly using USBToolBox
set your ports up correctly after installing macOS:

set your ports up correctly after installing macOS:
I can't even reach to the installer to install macOS. It just stall at some line even when I remove USBToolBox kexts

I can't even reach to the installer to install macOS. It just stall at some line even when I remove USBToolBox kexts
reset nvram

upload new files along with new verbose output image

I didn't mention graphics.

The CPU spoof I suggested goes in the Kernel section of the config.plist

The problem with Monterey is a different issue.

reset nvram

upload new files along with new verbose output image
Here’s the screenshot, I keep my EFI unchanged except the SMBIOS to iMac 17.x
I’ve tried disable iGPU and change to iMac pro but it still stops at this line
C310CE40-3E15-4DD1-971E-EE130A800EBC.jpeg

Back