i5-6500
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I’m trying to install MacOS Ventura on my i5 6500 HP Prodesk 600 G3 SFF with RX 560 4G. After select macOS (dmg), the boot screen stuck here. How do I get it to boot?

Update: I've solved this problem by adding SSDT-RTCAWAC.aml. This is very weird because this only required on newer machines. But adding it solves my problem
1693718281787.jpeg

Last edited:
I’m trying to install MacOS Ventura on my i5 6500 HP Prodesk 600 G3 SFF with RX 560 4G. After select macOS (dmg), the boot screen stuck here. How do I get it to boot?View attachment 571073

Hi there.

Looks like a SATA issue.

When you say "macOS (dmg)" could you please explain what that is exactly?

Thanks.

:)

Hi there.

Looks like a SATA issue.

When you say "macOS (dmg)" could you please explain what that is exactly?

Thanks.

MacOS (dmg) is the boot option that everyone choose to enter recovery mode to install macOS

So which version of macOS are you upgrading from?

If this is a completely fresh install, how did you create your installer USB?

So which version of macOS are you upgrading from?

If this is a completely fresh install, how did you create your installer USB?
I’m trying to install a fresh copy of macOS and I created my USB by following Dortania’s guide

I’m trying to install MacOS Ventura on my i5 6500 HP Prodesk 600 G3 SFF with RX 560 4G.
Please complete your profile correctly to reflect the actual hardware that you are using.

I let my PC sit there for awhile and it loads some more lines. In the end, it stops here
IMG_0221.JPG

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.6 MB · Views: 56
Thanks for the correction. I just changed it like you've said.

Here's my EFI. Hope someone can help me about this problem

Hi there.

I think your hardware and Ventura might be the problem.

Apple only supported the i5-6500 up to Monterey. Even though you are using system-definition iMac18,3 which does support Ventura (but not the forthcoming Sonoma).

If you have a specific reason to install Ventura then perhaps try spoofing a Kaby Lake CPU in Cpuid1Data (E90609). It may or may not work. Otherwise try Monterey.

Back