Mobile Phone
  1. 0
This is my first Hackintosh. Here's the parts:

Motherboard: ASRock z87 extreme4 ATX LGA1150
CPU: Intel Core i5-4670k
GPU: Asus GeForce GTX 760 2Gb
HDD: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1Tb
RAM: G.Skill Sniper Series 8BG (2x4Gb)

I currently do not have the video card in, and I'm only using 1 stick of RAM (4GB).
So I successfully installed SL using iBoot and I can access it through the iBoot disc. I was then getting the boot0 error problem which I fixed, but now when Chimera loads up and boots SL it gets stuck at the white Apple screen.
I am trying to get to Mavericks, but when I tried to do it without being able to boot into SL using Chimera it would get hung up (I'm using UniBeast for that).

So my questions are:
1. Do I need to get SL to run without relying on the iBoot disc in order to run Mavericks?
2. Do I need to change my BIOS settings? I am using version 2.7 of the BIOS from the ASRock website. IMG_0322.jpgIMG_0321.jpgIMG_0320.jpgIMG_0323.jpgIMG_0324.jpgIMG_0325.jpgIMG_0326.jpg
Sorry for the poor quality of photos, but it's the best I can do at the moment. Also Rapid Start Technology is disabled and Smart Connect Technology is enabled
3. Should I post this question is Mavericks?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

So my questions are:
1. Do I need to get SL to run without relying on the iBoot disc in order to run Mavericks?
2. Do I need to change my BIOS settings? I am using version 2.7 of the BIOS from the ASRock website.
Sorry for the poor quality of photos, but it's the best I can do at the moment. Also Rapid Start Technology is disabled and Smart Connect Technology is enabled
3. Should I post this question is Mavericks?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

For Haswell builds forget about trying to boot SL from Chimera - no support for the hardware in SL. Just continue to use iBoot Haswell to boot with - basic steps are:
Make the iBoot Haswell CD, boot iBoot Haswell, install SL 10.6.3 from retail DVD, reboot with iBoot Haswell, set up user, download 10.6.8 update (combo) and install, reboot with iBoot Haswell, download UniBeast app, download Mavericks install app from Apple, create the UniBeast USB, install Mavericks.

Can't read your pics - basic settings for UEFI BIOS boards are:
Disable VT-d if your CPU supports it, disable rapid boot, disable Secure boot, change CSM (if you have it) from Windows to Other OS. If using onboard gfx, set first init display to IGFX and set IGFX memory to 64M, change XHCI/EHCI to auto instead of smart auto, enable EHCI handoff, enable XHCI handoff.

senop

In addition to what GB has mentioned

You need to use startup switches for the boot process which should help you get past the blank white screen and potentially see where the boot process fails.

After boot from iBoot Haswell has loaded up - and you then select the OSX volume or thumb drive to install / boot from.
You will need to press the spacebar before you boot OSX - and enter these commands
-v PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=No
some more infor that you may want to review is listed here
http://www.tonymacx86.com/snow-leop...os-x-10-6-snow-leopard-haswell-based-pcs.html

If you are planing to install OSX Snow Leopard inorder to get Mavericks downloaded - otherwise just use the commands as noted for a Mavericks install or boot :

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back