Stork's Zorro Build: Z68X-UD3H - i7-2600K - HD3000

Status
Not open for further replies.
make sure mac is mac 3,1

when singling i followed these steps

1. Boot OS X Mavericks
2. Remove /Extra/modules/FileNVRAM.dylib if present
3. Remove /System/Library/Extensions/GenericUSBXHCI.kext if present
4. Edit /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist to remove the following 2 lines if present:
<key>Kernel<Key>
<Key>mach_kernel<key>

then i used dsdt=/dev/null to get into the system.

maybe post your error with -V

This is where I'm at with -v

EDIT: Disabled the VT-d option in UEFI. I am able to start with no flags now. .I still have some work to do getting things running with MultiBeast though. I'll post back.

EDIT 2: I had another issue with my graphics card (XFX Radeon HD6670) not being recognized but it was because of an old patched kext (ATI6000Controller.kext) that I had to remove. After deleting that I was able to boot with just -f. I installed the audio driver from MultiBeast 6.5 and that is working. I do have an issue with my RAM though. It is showing all 20GB but at 1333 instead of 1600. I believe the -f and the RAM are my only issues for now though.

EDIT 3: Fixed the memory showing as 1333 by following this (http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/56792-solved-1600-mhz-memory-runs-1333-mhz.html#post365460) in UEFI settings. It is XMP instead of XMS though.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    701.2 KB · Views: 433
So, after a weekend of experimenting I managed to upgrade to 10.10 on my Zorro. I use the i7 HD300 and Audio via HDMI/Display Port. Till now everything works almost perfect.

To get imessage working I had to switch to Clover, which was the most difficult part. Clover does not come with support for HD3000 graphics and I had to inject the stuff Chimera is injecting into the DSDT:

AAPL,snb-platform-id <10 00 03 00>
device-id <26 01 00 00>

also to get Audio via HDMI/DisplayPort working

layout-id <03 00 00 00>

I have to try, if it is possible to inject these values via Clover's config.plist (via AddParameters and FakeIDs), then no DSDT would be neccessary.

I also switched to EFI booting and in the UEFI Bios selected Fast Boot -> 'UltraFast' and Windows 8 WHQL. This results in smooth boot into clover using the correct display resolution.

Feels like a real Mac now, the Yosemite installer even created a recovery partition, which I can access now using Clover. Zorro ist still a great machine!

This is where I'm at with -v

EDIT: Disabled the VT-d option in UEFI. I am able to start with no flags now. .I still have some work to do getting things running with multibeast though. I'll post back.

I have almost the same board (GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3 rev. 1.3) and I am able to boot with VT-d option enabled in UEFI and WITHOUT any boot flags. I use VT-d in my VmWare-machines.

Hi,

I have quite similar build:
GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 rev 1.3
HD3000 graphics
i2500K running at 4gHz
8gb RAM
120gb ssd
2x fw800 cards

I´ve got a new SSD drive and wanted to do clean install.

Installed 10.8.2 with old UniBeast stick

From MultiBeast 5.5.5
I selected following:
-user DSDT (F12bios)
-Realtec ALC889 with dsdt
-3rd party sata
-usb 3.0 universal
-Lnx2mac´s ethernet
-1080p boot display
-SSDT for i5/i7 overclocked
-iMac12,2

installed combo update 10.8.5 and after that I run MultiBeast again and enabled TRIM for 10.8.3+ and audio 889 with dsdt again.

Everything works really well and stable! Sleep and back to awake, usb3, hdmi, audio and network.

BUT
I´m worried about my geekbench score which is little over 10000. That's pretty low I think. Long time ago when I´ve got Snow Leopard running I got something around 12000. Integer performance and Floating Point Performance scores are now around 12000 but the memory is only 3000. If I run old Geekbench2 Integer performance is 8000, floating point 15000 and memory 7000. overall score still around 10000. Weird i think.

Also when I first installed I forgot to re-name DSDT file to just plain DSDT.aml. So no DSDT installed at all. Booting was of course really unstable but when I got the machine up it sometimes booted really quickly.
I've been wondering if my hack could be better?
Why´s that low memory score?
Any ideas?

I´m still on F12 bios for two reasons: 1. System is now stable and working on the previous start up disk. And I am working with it. 2. Stork said to avoid UEFI on this mobo. :)

Missed Mavericks but maybe I give Yosemite a try. Or could I get Mavericks still somewhere?

...Installed 10.8.2 with old UniBeast stick...
Wow! That is old. How did you come by that?

ylinjohto said:
...I´m worried about my geekbench score which is little over 10000. That's pretty low I think. Long time ago when I´ve got Snow Leopard running I got something around 12000. Integer performance and Floating Point Performance scores are now around 12000 but the memory is only 3000. If I run old Geekbench2 Integer performance is 8000, floating point 15000 and memory 7000. overall score still around 10000. Weird i think.

Also when I first installed I forgot to re-name DSDT file to just plain DSDT.aml. So no DSDT installed at all. Booting was of course really unstable but when I got the machine up it sometimes booted really quickly.
I've been wondering if my hack could be better?
Why´s that low memory score?
Any ideas?...
Make a copy of your DSDT.aml file, rename it to "DSDT.aml" and put it in the /Extra folder. Reboot and rerun the benchmarks. I don't run the benchmarks programs unless tonymacx86 needs the data because they don't mean much to me.

ylinjohto said:
I´m still on F12 bios for two reasons: 1. System is now stable and working on the previous start up disk. And I am working with it. 2. Stork said to avoid UEFI on this mobo. :)

Missed Mavericks but maybe I give Yosemite a try. Or could I get Mavericks still somewhere?
Apple may publish a way to get Mavericks like they did for Lion and Mountain Lion; however, they haven't done so, yet. For "production" system, I don't recommend upgrading to the new OS X until .3 or .4 to ensure all the major bugs and security problems have been fixed; upgrade to Yosemite only if you depend upon Yosemite's integration with iDevices, but backup your MtLion installation to another drive using Copy Carbon Cloner (CCC) or SuperDuper.

I successfully updated my GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3 (rev 1.3), i5 2500K, 16 GB, OC 4,3 GHz to Yosemite which is quite similar to Storks board. For the first successful boot after the Installation of Yosemite and Multibeast I had to use the boot flag "-f".

Are you still using -f to boot? I'm still unable to boot without it. I'm using the UEFI beta on Z68X-UD3H-B3 rev 1.3. Pretty much the only issues I have that I know of right now are booting with -f and Messages not working. I tried using Clover for messages but had no clue what I was doing so I went back to Chimera 4.0 for now.

To all who are still using the Award BIOS (hint...hint...from the thread owner), I can't install Yosemite using the tonymax86 UniBeast/MultiBeast procedure or use Yosemite without using the "maxmem=8192" boot flag on my 16GB system; I also had to use the maxmem parameter in kernal flag parameter in the /Extra/org...Boot.plist. That's the only flag I need, but I'm now limited to 8GB. I don't know why and neither do any of the other mod's. So, I can't recommend 10.10.0, yet.

Has anybody, using the Award BIOS (F12) and the tonymax86 UniBeast/MultiBeast procedure (no Clover users replies, please) with more than 8GB of memory, been able to install without the maxmem flag? If so, please share your installation procedure. (If you have the same issue I have, do not reply with a "me, too" post as I want solutions, not brotherhood. :lol: TIA.)

Wow! That is old. How did you come by that?

Well my last update was from snow leopard to mountain lion. 10.8.5 has worked really nice.

Make a copy of your DSDT.aml file, rename it to "DSDT.aml" and put it in the /Extra folder. Reboot and rerun the benchmarks. I don't run the benchmarks programs unless tonymacx86 needs the data because they don't mean much to me.

Apple may publish a way to get Mavericks like they did for Lion and Mountain Lion; however, they haven't done so, yet. For "production" system, I don't recommend upgrading to the new OS X until .3 or .4 to ensure all the major bugs and security problems have been fixed; upgrade to Yosemite only if you depend upon Yosemite's integration with iDevices, but backup your MtLion installation to another drive using Copy Carbon Cloner (CCC) or SuperDuper.

I made another clean install and the systems is currently running really smoothly. Only downside is the low memory performance. But maybe I don´t bother myself with benchmark results that much. Everything is working and I have all the power I need in Pro Tools10 and Logic X.

Let´s see if 10.10.3 will be worth it. Thanks for your help!

Stork, my friend, I need your help again.

I never did do the 10.9.5 update. Whenever the App Store notification would come up and tell me there was an update waiting, I'd just tell it "Remind me tomorrow." This has been going on for weeks, perhaps months.

Anyway, this morning I came to my computer and it had a message up, something about kexts or kernel extensions not being compatible.

Lo and behold if it hadn't installed the update. Must have gotten tired of waiting I guess.

What should I do now? I haven't rebooted yet. Am I going to be in trouble when I do reboot?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back