Contribute
Register

Stork's Zorro Build: Z68X-UD3H - i7-2600K - HD3000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Running F12 BIOS. I had no problems booting from the UniBeast drive. I did get a kernel panic about appleFSCompressionTypeDataless when booting into my drive from UniBeast. I copied the extra folder from UniBeast onto my main drive and then got the FakeSMC kernel panic. I copied FakeSMC.kext from the UniBeast stick to my main drive in S/L/E folder and then it booted with no flags. My system read all 20GB of RAM but runs extremely slow. When I started multibeast I got the spinning rainbow wheel and it would take about 5 minutes to do something ever click I made. I restarted a few times and have the same results. The graphics look weird at the login screen too so I tried running from the board graphics instead of my card. That didn't help either.

My plan for now is to redo my UniBeast stick and try installing again. Any other suggestions would be nice though if someone experienced something similar.

Got it working.

Its beautiful, its fast, everything work apart from handoff and iMessage

Ueif was my issue, which i solved by removing the dsts file.

Not sure if this is true, but its either ueif or Yosemite, but something has made my machine noticeably faster in general use.

Safari is lighting quick.

Got it working.

Its beautiful, its fast, everything work apart from handoff and iMessage

Ueif was my issue, which i solved by removing the dsts file.

Not sure if this is true, but its either ueif or Yosemite, but something has made my machine noticeably faster in general use.

Safari is lighting quick.

So updating to UEFI solved all your problems? What were you running before and what issues did you have?

My machine was fine before, but after upgrading both elements, it seems to work a lot smoother. Even sleep works right out of the box.

I would really sugest getting a spare hdd to practice any future updates. I have had many moments in my hackintosh life risking my main hdd, panicking when a kernel error comes.

But Yosemite is great. Boot time from swithing on is faster, wake up from sleep is quick with no lag to connect back to the Internet (used to have to wait 15secs or so before).

My machine was fine before, but after upgrading both elements, it seems to work a lot smoother. Even sleep works right out of the box.

I would really sugest getting a spare hdd to practice any future updates. I have had many moments in my hackintosh life risking my main hdd, panicking when a kernel error comes.

But Yosemite is great. Boot time from swithing on is faster, wake up from sleep is quick with no lag to connect back to the Internet (used to have to wait 15secs or so before).

Are there any special settings you recommend changing on the board for UEFI or was there a guide you followed?

number one :( its not like updating the award bios.

make sure you delete the DSDT file before you start
You need to download the BIOS files for the right version of the motherboard (rev 1 or 1.3)
Then you need to create a DOS bootable USB, and then copy the bios files across to it.
Boot from that USB and follow instructions.

then for the settings, i followed these

http://imgur.com/a/f3D2D#0

number one :( its not like updating the award bios.

make sure you delete the DSDT file before you start
You need to download the bios files for the right version of the motherboard (rev 1 or 1.3)
Then you need to create a dos bootable USB, and then copy the bios files across to it.
Boot from that USB and follow instructions.

then for the settings, i followed these

http://imgur.com/a/f3D2D#0

I upgraded to UEFI last night. Tried reinstalling Yosemite too. Had to use -x to boot from UniBeast now. If I don't use -x on my drive it gets hung on the apple logo screen forever. If I use -x, it hangs at the login screen with the spinning rainbow wheel. Don't know what I am missing. Did you remove any other kexts before install? I removed 3rd party SATA and GenericUSBXHCI and my DSDT. I copied the extras folder from the UniBeast stick too. Can you also show what you have in your org.chameleon.boot.plist please?

I hope this helps

Can you copy and paste the text from chameleon plist? I can't get into my system right now to open the files :( trying to see if there is some flag that I need to add or something. Thanks.

make sure mac is mac 3,1

when singling i followed these steps

1. Boot OS X Mavericks
2. Remove /Extra/modules/FileNVRAM.dylib if present
3. Remove /System/Library/Extensions/GenericUSBXHCI.kext if present
4. Edit /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist to remove the following 2 lines if present:
<key>Kernel<Key>
<Key>mach_kernel<key>

then i used dsdt=/dev/null to get into the system.

maybe post your error with -V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back