Contribute
Register

Stork's Zorro Build: Z68X-UD3H - i7-2600K - HD3000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Q flashing it was the first thing I tried. It just keeps saying invalid bios size. I use the Z68XUD3H.F12 file. I have tried the one for 1.0 version onf the bios and the 1.03 version. Both give me the same message. I have no windows machine to make boot disk. I have tried making windows 98 boot disk with unetbootin but it will not boot. I think im at the point im giving up on flashing back. I haven't had any problems on this version of the bios anyway. I never put my computer to sleep.

You can make a FAT32 formatted USB thumb drive in OS X with the Disk Utility and use Stuffit to extract the BIOS from the Gigabyte .exe BIOS file. Put the BIOS on the FAT32 formatted USB thumb drive, boot into the BIOS and run Q-Flash. It works, just as my reference post states - I've done it several times. No problems. :thumbup:

Yes, I tried that before I got here and again after I saw your post. That's when I realized there was another revision of the motherboard. Both versions of the same file extracted give me the same error. I even tried using unarchiver as well. To see if there would be a difference. Now im experiencing problems. Skype keeps freezing or crashing after awhile. Maybe I should just wait until I can upgrade to a different mobo.

[edit]
I think the problem is skype and not the maverick install.

Stork,

I have been following this thread and have been using it as my guide for my Hackintosh since the beginning. I followed your steps, even downloaded your build file, and everything works but sleep. It goes to sleep, but when I wake it, the computer fires up but the screens never come up. I have the nVidia 660ti has my graphics card but I have not installed any addition drivers. I followed you guide to the letter. I have never actually got sleep to work on my machine.

Thoughts?

First, this is a thread for a Sandy Bridge Z68X-UD3H motherboard based system. Second, your Ivy Bridge Z77X-UP5H TH motherboard doesn't need a DSDT; see my Thunderball build description for more information. :thumbup:

Sorry... I did misread that.

Stork,

I have been following this thread and have been using it as my guide for my Hackintosh since the beginning. I followed your steps, even downloaded your build file, and everything works but sleep. It goes to sleep, but when I wake it, the computer fires up but the screens never come up. I have the nVidia 660ti has my graphics card but I have not installed any addition drivers. I followed you guide to the letter. I have never actually got sleep to work on my machine.

Thoughts?
For now, I'm having to use the power button to wake up properly. Once awake, all works well. :thumbup:

I'm gonna be trying to find a solution for this non standard way to wake up the Z68X-UD3H.

For now, I'm having to use the power button to wake up properly. Once awake, all works well. :thumbup:

I'm gonna be trying to find a solution for this non standard way to wake up the Z68X-UD3H.

Use UEFI :p

We've tested the UEFI, although not the J version, and it caused more problems than it was worth. If I get time (!), I'll look at it.

How'd you get iMessage to work? Is there a FileNVRAM in your /Extra/Modules folder?

I jumped through all the different hoops of deleting plists, updating FileNVRAM etc. What worked for me was to simply Go to App Store and under quick links select Account | Apple ID | Edit and change your password.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back