Contribute
Register

Stork's Zorro Build: Z68X-UD3H - i7-2600K - HD3000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stork, I just wanted to thank you for keeping this thread alive. I am preparing to upgrade my long-lived X58 system (which will become the spare) and just this week I decided to build my Z68 so it was all shaken out before I needed it.

I'm using pretty much the same hardware as you except for an LG Blu-Ray burner. Everything worked first time: audio, HD3000, sleep/wake, even onboard FireWire behaves properly (I did buy a PCI card with a TI chipset, so I have plenty of FW ports now!). From some impromptu testing, speed step and power states also seem to be working. I'm going to drop an nVidia 650 series card in it later, but it was great to have the built-in graphics to speed the installation along.

Two small things: I did need to select GraphicsEnabler=No to boot with onboard graphics in ML, and when the display sleeps it goes all white instead of black! This will probably not happen when I install the PCIe graphics card, but it is a bit odd!

...Two small things: I did need to select GraphicsEnabler=No to boot with onboard graphics in ML, and when the display sleeps it goes all white instead of black! This will probably not happen when I install the PCIe graphics card, but it is a bit odd!

Glad it was a help to you. I'll check on the GE=No and report back, but I think it's the latest version of Chimera that caused you to use GE=No. With Mavericks and it's support of a lot of the graphics cards, etc., we changed the default from GE=Yes to GE=No. So, if you used MultiBeast for Mountain Lion, then it GE=No might be required. As I said, I'll check into it and report back. :thumbup:

Thanks. Just to clarify, I have to select GE=No to install as well as to boot my complete running system; in either case, the boot hangs just after initializing the Ethernet port if I set GE=Yes. I used -v to debug it, and -x had no discernible difference on the boot sequence if I didn't use GE=No.

I am installing my GTX650 tonight and will also report back on any differences.

ok i have one question i was reading your Zorro Stork's 3rd Built:
GA-Z68X-UD3H - i7-2600K - HD 3000 i have the same setup aesop i have the 2500k my question is the file MB6 Load for Mav GM.mb is that in all in one file including the DSDT or when i'm in Multibeast i have to have and select my DSDT then load the MB6 Load for Mav GM or can i just load this file MB6 Load for Mav GM and that all i need like i say i have the the same motherdoard ith the f12 bios this will really help me with mavericks:banghead:

ok i have one question i was reading your Zorro Stork's 3rd Built:
GA-Z68X-UD3H - i7-2600K - HD 3000 i have the same setup aesop i have the 2500k my question is the file MB6 Load for Mav GM.mb is that in all in one file including the DSDT or when i'm in Multibeast i have to have and select my DSDT then load the MB6 Load for Mav GM or can i just load this file MB6 Load for Mav GM and that all i need like i say i have the the same motherdoard ith the f12 bios this will really help me with mavericks:banghead:
First, you can't use my .mb file because of you are using the i5-2500K instead of the i7-2600K; the .mb will load the SSDT for the i7 K processor. So, you'll need to run MultiBeast from the beginning.

Second, you get the DSDT from the tonymacx86 DSDT Database; it's not included with the .mb file. The DSDT Database is in the Downloads menu at the top of this page.

Hey Stork, which OS X did you upgrade from and did you run into any major problems? Also, could I use the Probook installer for the HP Probook 4530s after I install Mavericks, like I did with Snow Leopard?

If it helps you any, my specs are a 2.3GHz dual-core i3 Intel processor, 4GB RAM, Intel HD3000 graphics, and Atheros wifi chip, that's currently working in Snow Leopard as I type this.

Thanks for any feedback you can give me.

Hey Stork, which OS X did you upgrade from and did you run into any major problems? Also, could I use the Probook installer for the HP Probook 4530s after I install Mavericks, like I did with Snow Leopard?

If it helps you any, my specs are a 2.3GHz dual-core i3 Intel processor, 4GB RAM, Intel HD3000 graphics, and Atheros wifi chip, that's currently working in Snow Leopard as I type this.

Thanks for any feedback you can give me.
Are you sure you're posting in the right thread? This thread is about my desktop Z68X-UD3H - i7-2600K - HD3000 system, not a HP Probook.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back