Contribute
Register

Stork's Zorro Build: Z68X-UD3H - i7-2600K - HD3000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome, I will look to install the new FakeSMC when I update to 10.8.4. Yes,
HD 3000 can go up to 1600px through DP, so that is pretty sweet.
I will be gaming on my windows 7 partition, so the GTX 680 is a nice compromise
to run ML natively and to get good gaming performance for the monitor. I setup
the monitor, it's quite nice. There is a backlight bleed in the bottom left hand corner,
but I knew that was going to be there. To be honest, I can't tell it is there under
real world use, so no biggie for me, especially since I picked it up for $550. :)

Hi Stork,
were you ever able to get usb 3.0 working properly/fully on your sandybridge system?
(I have a GA-Z68AP-D3 that I havent built yet and was going to buy a closeout i5-2500k for it if I knew I could get usb3 working properly).

I would most likely use Mountain Lion on it.

Thanks for your help.

Yes, the USB 3 ports work with the latest Mountain Lion version 10.8.4. I used MultiBeast 5.3.1 using the Generic USB option (see the MultiBeast Features document which comes with MultiBeast).

I don't know how well, unfortunately, because I have only one USB 3 peripheral, and I only used it to see if the USB 3 ports would read a disk drive. Most of my external drives have Firewire and eSATA interfaces while my AV peripherals use Firewire.

Hi Stork,
were you ever able to get usb 3.0 working properly/fully on your sandybridge system?
(I have a GA-Z68AP-D3 that I havent built yet and was going to buy a closeout i5-2500k for it if I knew I could get usb3 working properly).

I would most likely use Mountain Lion on it.

Thanks for your help.

I have a Z68x-UD3H with i5 2500k and I have had no luck getting ANY use out of my two usb 3.0 ports... they wont even work as usb 2.0. Right now I am on 10.7.4, but I am planning on cloning and upgrading to 10.8.4 today.

Hey Stork,

Have you plan to upgrade Zorro to Mavericks ?

Bast

I have a Z68x-UD3H with i5 2500k and I have had no luck getting ANY use out of my two usb 3.0 ports... they wont even work as usb 2.0. Right now I am on 10.7.4, but I am planning on cloning and upgrading to 10.8.4 today.
Well, if you want your USB 3 peripherals to work, 10.8.4 is a must.

Hey Stork,

Have you plan to upgrade Zorro to Mavericks ?

Bast
Sure. When Apple releases it in the Fall 2013. :thumbup:

Good news, I'm upgrading to ML, it's a long time ago than a not brick my hackintosh. I'll follow your instructions.

Stork, kæmpe biggup for dit build!

So, I'm on 10.8.4 with the same setup as you. Did a fresh install from Unibeast and all went hunkydory. Running two monitors, one via DisplayPort the other via DVI-D. I also have a Focusrite Saffire PRO 24 DSP sound card connected via Firewire. Trying to run Ableton, Logic and Maschine here, but I cannot get to install certain drivers. For example, the Maschine Controller Driver. Setup crashes at the end. Tried to contact Native Instruments, but they suggested checking off the Controller Driver, which solved the problem. Only thing is, new update is out, and I cannot install the new Driver.

Attached is my install log, hope you can help :)

Cheers,

med venlig hilsen
Rasmus Kjærbo

Attachments

• install.log
    90.8 KB · Views: 113
rallevondalle,

it's failing due to kextcache not being updated. Try booting with "UseKernelCache=No".

Additionally, the following kexts are bad:
IOBluetoothHIDDriver.kext
AppleBluetoothHIDMouse.kext
AppleBluetoothHIDKeyboard.kext
AppleBluetoothMultitouch.kext​
These must be the kext drivers that you are trying to install. Unfortunately, this is all the help I can give since I do not use your equipment. If this answer doesn't help you, I recommend you post this problem in the Music forum section where it your post will attract more knowledgeable people.

Updated successfully to 10.8.5. I recommend the Combo update instead of the store incremental update. My procedure is to
  1. Repair Permissions using the Disk Utility on the drive to be updated;*
  2. Backup your current system with Time Machine or Carbon Copy Cloner or SuperDuper;
  3. If you're using the "USB 3 - Universal" (Zenith432's GenericUSBXHCI.kext), remove it from S/L/E folder**;
  4. Download the GenericUSBXHCI.kext and install using Kext Utility;
  5. Run the Combo Update - don't reboot yet;
  6. Run MultiBeast to reload only the audio driver;
    67038-multibeast-audio-update-zorro.png
  7. Repair Permissions again;* and
  8. Reboot

* You can use the Terminal instead of Disk Utility if you feel comfortable with a UNIX command:
Code:
sudo diskutil repairPermissions /

** Zenith432's GenericUSBXHCI.kext has been reported to cause Kernel Panels on some motherboards after the update.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back