Contribute
Register

Stork's Zorro Build: Z68X-UD3H - i7-2600K - HD3000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stork's Sandy Bridge Z68X-UD3H - i7-2600K - HD3000 - MtLion

Sorry, I don't use any sleep additives on Zorro or Son-of-Zorro. Both Z68X-UD3H systems sleep & wake-up normally. Make sure you're using F12 BIOS version and the corresponding DSDT from the DSDT Database.

I have done that

what setting for MultiBeast 5.2.1 should i use to get everything to work

jiteshpatel,
I'm still running Lion on Zorro. I'll upgrade to Mountain Lion probably in June. That being said, using Son-of-Zorro's 10.8.3, MultiBeast configuration as a Guide, here's how I would do a fresh install of 10.8.3 on Zorro, following the UniBeast Installation Guide and the MultiBeast configuration.

After installing 10.8.3 and downloading the Z68X-UD3H F12 DSDT from the tonymacx86 DSDT Database, put the DSDT on the desktop, naming it DSDT.aml. Then, run MultiBeast v5.2.1 with the configuration below.
Note 1: I'm using the default System Definition MacPro3,1 for this configuration since you probably have only one monitor; if you are using HD3000 with two monitors, use the Customization > Systems Definition > Mac Mini > Mac Mini 5,1.
Note 2: See page 3 of the MultiBeast Features document that comes with MultiBeast to see the default loading for the "UserDSDT or DSDT-Free Installation" selection.
Note 3: I am not overclocking, so I choose the non overclocking i7 SSDT.​
52988-multibeast-5-2-1-z68x-ud3h-hd3000-one-monitor.jpg
Before rebooting, download the latest version of Chimera (v2.01 at the time of this post) and install it so you can use iMessage, if you desire, and other enhancements. (The next update of MultiBeast will have Chimera v2.01 as the default bootloader.) Now reboot using your drive to boot from instead of your UniBeast USB thumb drive.

Last edited by a moderator:

I have tired all this. I have even re-installed the OS
but still the automatic sleep will not work. the machine sleeps from when i click sleep

any ideas

I have tired all this. I have even re-installed the OS
but still the automatic sleep will not work. the machine sleeps from when i click sleep

any ideas
When you say "automatic sleep" do you mean the computer sleep setting in the Energy Saver System Preferences? Or scheduled sleep?

There are only three things that come to mind to prevent wake up from sleep.
  1. There external USB peripherals attached, besides a keyboard and mouse, that might need to be unmounted and turned off;
  2. A BT dongle is not compliant with OS X; and/or
  3. Make sure the BIOS is version F12 and you're using the F12 DSDT from the tonymacx86 DSDT Database. The F10 BIOS and earlier had sleep/wake-up problems.
Here is a screen shot of my Energy Saver Pane settings:

53204-son-zorro-energy-saver-settings.png
I should note that when my systems are connected to my IOGear DVI/USB KVM switch, they sleep but wake back up as the KVM switches to the default connection and, that automatic switching, causes the computer that I manually put to sleep to wake-up again. So, I don't use sleep very much. However, test each new configuration in a stand alone mode, and the Z68X-UD3H based systems work as they should with sleep/wake-up.

Last edited by a moderator:

I have made sure that i have used F12

the only usb devices i have are a mac keyboard, which is plugged into an extension usb white (apple) which you get with the keyboard

i have a logitech scroll ball mouse plugged into the keyboard

i hate how the energy saving sleep will not work

can it be to do with any bios settings?

I updated Post #599.

Updated to 10.8.4 without any problems. Here's what I did.
- Repaired Permissions (use Disk Utility or in the terminal with "sudo diskutil repairpermissions /");
- Used Carbon Copy Cloner to back up my disk;
- Downloaded the 10.8.4 Combo (see http://www.tonymacx86.com/354-os-x-10-8-4-update.html);
- Run the Combo;
- Don't reboot! Run MulitBeast selecting only
Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALC8xx > With DSDT > ALC889​
- Reboot;
- Repair Permissions.​
If your audio doesn't work, rerun MultiBeast selecting only Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALC8xx > With DSDT > ALC889

Everything works as it should including sleep and iMessages. :thumbup:

For those you who want to know what Apple says is in this update, see http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5730

Thanks for the update Stork! I have been using hd 3000
for a while and recently added a gtx 680 to my build using the same
motherboard as yours. Prepping up for my WQHD dell 2713hm that
will be arriving this week. :)

I had to delete the FakeSMC to get 10.8.2 to work, now I can't see my
temps, is there a new FakeSMC in the latest multibeast?

New FakeSMC and plugins in the latest MultiBeast. See the Changes file that comes with MultiBeast v5.3.1.

The Z68X-UD3H's HD3000 DisplayPort connector supports a maximum resolution of 2560x1600 so try it first and let me know how it works. I may pop for a U27xx. :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back