Register

Stork's Zorro Build: Z68X-UD3H - i7-2600K - HD3000

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK I got as far as Step 6 and got this in Disk Utility:

Repairing Permissions for "MP Boot"
Checking Prerequisites
Problems were encountered during repair of the partition map
Error: Whole disk required but a slice was passed.

Repair permissions complete

I then tried a Verify and got this:

Verifying Permissions for "MP Boot"
Checking prerequisites
Problems were found with the partition map which might prevent booting

Any ideas what I should do now?

OK I got as far as Step 6 and got this in Disk Utility:

Repairing Permissions for "MP Boot"
Checking Prerequisites
Problems were encountered during repair of the partition map

Repair permissions complete

I then tried a Verify and got this:

Verifying Permissions for "MP Boot"
Checking prerequisites
Problems were found with the partition map which might prevent booting

Any ideas what I should do now?
Did you reboot? It looks like it updated the partitions OK. Is your disk a single partition SSD? (It's been too long since we last exchanged posts.)

No I was afraid to after getting this message in Disk Utility. Should I go ahead and reboot?

Since Disk Utility can't repair the disk it's running on, I recommend you
  • Boot your UniBeast USB thumb drive;
  • Run the installer;
  • After picking a language, use the top menu to run Disk Utility to Repair the disk;
  • After repairing the disk, quit both the Disk Utility and the Installer; and
  • Boot into system disk.
Hopefully, this will do it. (Fingers crossed.)

I went ahead and rebooted last night and everything seems fine. I did a permissions repair and it didn't repair anything nor did it give me any warnings.

Yes, I am booting from a single partition SSD. I would never go back to a mechanical hard drive for booting now.

I can't believe it's almost two years since I built this Hackintosh and it's been SO awesome! I have started to think about swapping out my motherboard for a bit of an internal upgrade, but really, it still does everything extremely well so not worrying about it too much yet.

EDIT: oops Stork, we must have posted around the same time. Thanks for the additional info.

everything seems fine.

Actually, I take that back. Sound isn't working. I reran Multibeast with just the sound option checked and still doesn't work.

So, I'll have to dig a little deeper on that one.

Also, two of my internal hard drives are not showing up! Help!

Wondering if I should somehow go back to 10.8.4 using my CCC backup from last night... Any help appreciated.

Actually, I take that back. Sound isn't working. I reran Multibeast with just the sound option checked and still doesn't work.

So, I'll have to dig a little deeper on that one.

Also, two of my internal hard drives are not showing up! Help!

Wondering if I should somehow go back to 10.8.4 using my CCC backup from last night... Any help appreciated.

Before falling back to 10.8.4, bring up the Sound Preference pane and the Audio MIMI Setup app so you can see both app windows. First, are you sure you're are selecting the correct sound driver? (I know, I know, but I had to ask.) The ALC889 for DSDTs?

Then, is the sound source defined correctly in the Sound pane? Is the Aduio MIMI Setup showing that same alignment? Try Configure Speakers to see if the two apps sound out is aligned.

You now have exhausted my audio driver knowledge. :lol:

Yes, I've definitely selected the correct driver. Thanks for asking though.

The sound drivers just simply aren't there. I visit the sound preference pane quite often because whenever I log in to my work computer using LogMeIn, I have to go back to the sound preference panel to choose internal audio (because LogMeIn insists on changing it).

Internal audio just isn't there.

Any ideas why two of my hard drives aren't showing up?

...Any ideas why two of my hard drives aren't showing up?
No, I don't. In the Terminal, type
Code:
diskutil list
to see if they're listed. You probably should download and install the latest Chimera (it's not yet in MultiBeast). Dunno what else to do. Looks like you may have to fall back to 10.8.4 until we can update MultiBeast, et al. Seems like there was some surprises in the 10.8.5 release. :eek:

No, they are not listed in diskutil list

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back