Contribute
Register

Stork's Zorro Build: Z68X-UD3H - i7-2600K - HD3000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since you're not doing a fresh install, see tonymacx86's procedure for installing Yo over Mavs.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...-os-x-yosemite-using-unibeast-multibeast.html

Yeah, that was the guide I followed. It was also the guide I followed for my wife's on Saturday. Worked fine for her.

I tried booting from my backup and cloning back my boot drive using CCC, but it hangs after about 8 minutes of cloning.

My next step is to do a clean install of Yosemite on my boot drive, then import my account from the backup.

I did a clean install and ran Multibeast. That part went like clockwork.

However, when I migrated my stuff, it didn't bring any of my paid applications, like Adobe Creative Suite, etc. Final Cut Pro, iMovie, iPhoto--all are missing in action. Wow! Any idea what's up with that?

...However, when I migrated my stuff, it didn't bring any of my paid applications, like Adobe Creative Suite, etc. Final Cut Pro, iMovie, iPhoto--all are missing in action. Wow! Any idea what's up with that?
Wow! I haven't heard of that problem before. Try again, just selecting the applications that didn't migrate.

Wow! I haven't heard of that problem before. Try again, just selecting the applications that didn't migrate.

Yeah. I'm really bummed that installing over Mavericks didn't go like clockwork as it did with my wife's machine Saturday and frankly quite stunned that I can't even do a simple migrate.

For now, I'm going back to Mavericks. My system seems prone to locking up and freezing, so I probably need to troubleshoot that in Mavericks before trying the upgrade again. I'm assuming something is not quite right since upgrading to UEFI.

Gone back to Mavericks. Everything appears to be working fine there.

I'm tempted to try it all over again but seems like that might be a waste of time and effort.

Do you think removing my graphics card, my SATA card, unhooking all my other drives, etc. would enhance the chances of success at all?

Gone back to Mavericks. Everything appears to be working fine there.
:thumbup:

EddyMac said:
I'm tempted to try it all over again but seems like that might be a waste of time and effort.

Do you think removing my graphics card, my SATA card, unhooking all my other drives, etc. would enhance the chances of success at all?
Graphics card shouldn't make a difference. Son-of-Zorro is running 10.10.1 with a 6850, and the installation went smoothly - Award BIOS and the UniBeast/MultiBeast/Chimera.

Disconnecting the other drives can't hurt.

FINALLY!!

I managed to get my system updated to Yosemite!!

I removed my SATA card, disconnected all drives, ran the Unibeast installer and chose my Mavericks boot drive (after making a clone, etc.) and it got stuck with 7 minutes remaining. I had the log up and it appeared to have gotten stuck at running the aclmodify.pl script.

Undaunted, I powered the computer down, then up again and chose the Unibeast stick. I ran the installer again, same way as before. This time it completed!

I then rebooted, ran Multibeast to install Chimera, sound, and network, and everything seems to be fine.

Persistence pays off. I knew that if others on this thread could do it, I could too.

So thankful to have all my apps and all my settings.

Booting is super fast.

Once the dust settles, I plan to switch to Clover and tinker with getting imessage working. But for now, it's time to enjoy family, friends, turkey, early Black Friday shopping, and all the other blessings this Thanksgiving day affords.

Thanks once again to Stork and to everyone who has contributed to this thread. So glad I chose this board and really happy I have successfully breathed new life into it today!

EDIT: Updated to 10.10.1 without incident.

FINALLY!!

I managed to get my system updated to Yosemite!!

...EDIT: Updated to 10.10.1 without incident.
Great! :clap: :thumbup:

Well, iMessage is not working in Yo right now. The original authors have seemed to abandon the update of FileNVRAM, but I understand that others have taken up the slack and are working on a Yo chameleon/Chimera compatible version. Right now, though, Clover seems to have broken the code (so to speak) to get iMessage work.

Right now, though, Clover seems to have broken the code (so to speak) to get iMessage work.

Oh dear! Hadn't heard that. I thought Clover was THE fix for iMessage. Guess I'll live without it for now. I have it on my MacBook Air anyway so note a huge issue.

What about enabling TRIM on this setup? I tried, unsuccessfully, to get it going on my wife's machine last week and seemed to go around and around in circles. I'm afraid to turn it on in Multibeast lest I get the grey screen and the stop sign that I saw so many times last week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back