Contribute
Register

Stork's Zorro Build: Z68X-UD3H - i7-2600K - HD3000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Stork's

Could we have an updated MultiBeast for the latest version. The reason I ask is that I have had some when upgrading to 10.2 and just find the system is not working a well as it was.

Hi Stork's

Could we have an updated MultiBeast for the latest version. The reason I ask is that I have had some when upgrading to 10.2 and just find the system is not working a well as it was.
You had some...what specifically...when updating?

Did you follow the tonymacx86 http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...-os-x-yosemite-using-unibeast-multibeast.html?

As per my reference post a couple of posts back,
Note that for using MultiBeast for Yosemite with the Award BIOS (not the UEFI), add to the usual MultiBeast choices:
System > 10.9.5 AppleACPIPlatform Rollback

I'll post my configuration later today from my test drive. Since Zorro is a production system, I'm not going to update Zorro with Yosemite until 10.10.3 or .4 to ensure all the bugs are out of it. I'm also not in a hurry to transition to Yosemite because some of the new GUI just bugs me, such as Messages. But, I won't go into that here.

Updated to 10.10.3 today with no problems. Thanks to this site for all the instructions. The Multicast Trim patch didn't work, but the workaround that TonyMac posted (and that Stork linked to) worked!

Onward and upward!

Good to hear, EddyMac. I'm still trying to figure out why I have to use the boot flag "maxmem=8192" with 16GB of memory. Something strange is going on. (I'm still using the Award BIOS and the corresponding DSDT.)

I have used your guide for my z68x-ud3h since the very beginning. I actually bought the MB because of this thread. I have always struggled to get the USB3 ports to work. On Mavericks, the best I could get was the ports worked but auto ejected every 5-10 minutes. Over the weekend I went to Yosemite on BIOS F12. My USB3 ports are not evening being recognized. Thoughts? Also, i get a kernel panic about every third boot. Not major issue, since I just try again.

Thoughts?

I have used your guide for my z68x-ud3h since the very beginning. I actually bought the MB because of this thread. I have always struggled to get the USB3 ports to work. On Mavericks, the best I could get was the ports worked but auto ejected every 5-10 minutes. Over the weekend I went to Yosemite on BIOS F12. My USB3 ports are not evening being recognized. Thoughts? Also, i get a kernel panic about every third boot. Not major issue, since I just try again.

Thoughts?
I have not had any luck upgrading to Yosemite on Zorro; Son-of-Zorro updated w/o problems. Go figure. (Zorro has 16GB of memory and uses HD3000 graphics while Son-of-Zorro has 8GB of memory and a Gigabyte HD 6850 graphics card.)

However, I've not had any problems using the USB 3 port when I tested the performance in Mavericks - I always used the latest USB 3.0 driver (GenericUSBXHCI.kext) in the latest versions of MultiBeast. Until a couple of weeks ago, I didn't own any USB 3.0 external peripherals because, as a Mac user, I've always used Firewire. So, I'll test the USB 3 performance over the next couple of days for you in both Mavericks and Yosemite on Son-of-Zorro.

BTW, I dislike Yosemite and will probably never use it for my production OS X. I thought that Yosemite would mature by the .3 upgrade, but that didn't turn out to be the case. Mavericks 10.9.5 is my production system OS X until Yosemite matures or until 10.11 arrives.

I did the upgrade to Yosemite thinking it might help with the USB 3 issue and because I wanted to bring on par with my 2013 MacBook Pro with Retina.

I'll try to add GenericUSBXHCI.kext via Multibeast tonight.

On another note, when I use Multibeast, do I need to select everything I would use when installing the first time or can I just add the one option? If so, I do undo something I added/changed with Multibeast?

You can run MultiBeast just to add a kext, such as the GenericUSBXHCI.kext without have to do the "full" configuration load. I use MultiBeast to reload the modified audio driver and TRIM after an OS X update.

I added the USB kext. Unfortunately, it does not recognize any drive connected to the rear USB 3 ports (they do spin up though) and the ext drives do nothing when connected to the front USB 3 port.

Upon further testing, all of my USB 3 ports works as long as the external drive is connect when the machine boots up. It will not recognize them if they are connect once the system is running. Not terrible but not perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back