Contribute
Register

Stork's Thunderball II Build: ASUS ProArt Z490 Creator (Thunderbolt 3) - i5-10400 - RX 580

I try F2, but the same. I think I'm going to sell this computer.
Don't do anything like that. Wait until @Stork or someone else who owns the same system can reply to you.
I have no experience with Asus as I've always used Gigabyte motherboards.

Don't do anything like that. Wait until @Stork or someone else who owns the same system can reply to you.
I have no experience with Asus as I've always used Gigabyte motherboards.
I really appreciate your help. Thank you very much. Cheers!

I really appreciate your help. Thank you very much. Cheers!
you could reset your cmos using the pins on the motherboard?

Hi,

The BIOS works, i made the changes that Stork said in the first post, step by step. And i created 2 USB, one with Unibeast, and the other with Opencore. Impossible work, I can't get either option to work. There are always mistakes. I know I must be doing something wrong, because other people with the same motherboard and CPU work for them ... but I don't know how to fix it.

I attached a picture with Unibeast fail and video capture of test with Opencore fail.

Attachments

• UNIBEAST-FAIL.jpg
    UNIBEAST-FAIL.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 56
  • OPENCORE-FAIL-1.png
    OPENCORE-FAIL-1.png
    8.5 MB · Views: 58
  • OPENCORE-FAIL-2.png
    OPENCORE-FAIL-2.png
    7.3 MB · Views: 73
And i created 2 USB, one with Unibeast, and the other with Opencore. Impossible work, I can't get either option to work. There are always mistakes.
Unibeast uses Clover and an older version that will never work with Big Sur. Don't even try to use it.
It looks like a USB problem. Try some other USB 2.0 ports if you have them. Try a different USB drive etc.

HI,

Last time, i used DELETE key, but now doesnt work. I try F2, but the same. I think I'm going to sell this computer.
That sounds like a graphics issue, try fully unplugging the computer from the wall power socket for a few mins and try again.

I built basically an identical system and got it working so I'm sure we can get yours to work. I'm a bit busy to check your whole config but will get to it soon. For now try this:

- Update to latest BIOS
- Boot windows and re-generate any SSDT files you need based on the guide,
- Disable onboard audio and intel LAN in BIOS temporarily until we get you booted in. (I think this could be a LAN issue)
- Try different USB ports when booting the installer.
- Double check your BIOS settings against the guide and also storks settings.

If you get totally stuck I can share my config but then you'd learn nothing! Good luck, don't give up yet!

edit: Looking at your Verbose output it definitely indicates an SSDT error, and also a problem with the XHCI controller, which is likely related to the SSDT error.

Last edited:
HI,

Last time, i used DELETE key, but now doesnt work. I try F2, but the same. I think I'm going to sell this computer.
My Asus boards all use F7 or F8 to access the boot menu. F8 is what always works for me.

My Asus boards all use F7 or F8 to access the boot menu. F8 is what always works for me.

Hi!

Today my Hackintosh works thanks to your EFI. Thank you so much for share!

The BIOS black screen was fixed with a NVRAM reset.

Now I am checking for put a bootloader, my computer always start with Windows SO :crazy:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi!

Today my Hackintosh works thanks to your EFI. Thank you so much for share!

The BIOS black screen was fixed with a NVRAM reset.

Now I am checking for put a bootloader, my computer always start with Windows SO :crazy:
Make sure you have the right drive selected in the bios first. If you are good there then once you boot into OSX go into the system settings and change which drive boots first in Start Up Drive.

That sounds like a graphics issue, try fully unplugging the computer from the wall power socket for a few mins and try again.

I built basically an identical system and got it working so I'm sure we can get yours to work. I'm a bit busy to check your whole config but will get to it soon. For now try this:

- Update to latest BIOS
- Boot windows and re-generate any SSDT files you need based on the guide,
- Disable onboard audio and intel LAN temporarily until we get you booted in. (I think this could be a LAN issue)
- Try different USB ports when booting the installer.
- Double check your BIOS settings against the guide and also storks settings.

If you get totally stuck I can share my config but then you'd learn nothing! Good luck, don't give up yet!

edit: Looking at your Verbose output it definitely indicates an SSDT error, and also a problem with the XHCI controller, which is likely related to the SSDT error.

Hi,

Thanks so much for your help. Can you help me about it? The extra LAN PCIe, works? Or only the integrated LAN works ? Also anyone have WIFI card, which one is good?

Thanks!

Back