Contribute
Register

Stork's Thunderball II Build: ASUS ProArt Z490 Creator (Thunderbolt 3) - i5-10400 - RX 580

Yeah...I had this same issue, even though I followed Stork's BIOS settings exactly. I finally figured it out after tearing some of my hair out. Try enabling the Compatibility Support Module in the Boot tab in BIOS. I have no clue why, but that fixed it for me on two identical machines with this video card and motherboard. Hope this helps!
So I got another card and this one works after enabling CSM, but enabling CSM seems to disable my wifi. I tried putting the settings the way you have them. Once I unplug the card and disable CSM, wifi work again.

Last edited:
So I got another card and this one works after enabling CSM, but enabling CSM seems to disable my wifi. I tried putting the settings the way you have them. Once I unplug the card and disable CSM, wifi work aga
Yeah...I had this same issue, even though I followed Stork's BIOS settings exactly. I finally figured it out after tearing some of my hair out. Try enabling the Compatibility Support Module in the Boot tab in BIOS. I have no clue why, but that fixed it for me on two identical machines with this video card and motherboard. Hope this helps!
Any thoughts on why enabling this would disable wifi or what I could do to keep wifi working if I do enable it? I’ve tried multiple combinations of the CSM settings with no luck.

Any thoughts on why enabling this would disable wifi or what I could do to keep wifi working if I do enable it? I’ve tried multiple combinations of the CSM settings with no luck.
What wifi card do you use? After enabling CSM you could try disabling VT-d in BIOS and enabling DisableIOMapper and see what comes from that.

Excellent - glad you got it all working!! I don't use wi-fi on my desktops - all hard-wired - so didn't run into this problem. Will keep it in mind if I have to make any changes.

Anyone tried updating to Sonoma? I just get a message that this model isn't supported even though I'm using iMac 20,2

Running great here. Have a WiFi and Bluetooth dongle but full Thunderbolt support. Just using USBInjectAll.

Anyone tried updating to Sonoma? I just get a message that this model isn't supported even though I'm using iMac 20,2
I updated but lost wifi and the USB monitor goes away after login. I need to research / get caught up...

Update 2/7/24: Issues with SIP and Skywalk* kexts resulted in the decision to revert to Ventura.

Last edited:
Back