Contribute
Register

Stork's MyHero Build: ASUS ROG Z170 MAXIMUS VIII HERO - i7-6700K - GTX 980

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Arzamar ,

If you are still stuck getting microphone audio running, then I can recommend a Sabrent Aluminum USB External Stereo Sound Adapter, as shown in the buyers guide (8th item down in the following link):
https://www.tonymacx86.com/buyersguide/august/2018/#Accessories

The silver metal case version is the one to get. The black plastic version has odd impedance characteristics. Other USB audio versions work with properly functioning USB sockets with native macOS support through Apple's own USB audio Kext support.

Now that we are closer to the official launch date of macOS Mojave, has anyone given it a try on this build? I am still on 10.13.5!

Now that we are closer to the official launch date of macOS Mojave, has anyone given it a try on this build? I am still on 10.13.5!
Update to 10.13.6. Typically, I wait for the 10.x.3 update to install the next version of the macOS, which in this case is Mojave, as the major bugs are fixed. Additionally, I learn about others' problems and successful procedures. So, I would update to 10.13.6 and wait for Mojave to mature.

Stork, what Clover version are you using? Had to switch to hack mini build last month after getting constant random reboots on historically rock stable Hero VIII. Tried fresh install of 10.13.6 (with and without APFS). Suppose could be hardware (GPU or PSU), but keep a log and first recorded problems started after upgrading Clover to 4522 with occasional random reboots during sleep, then after upgrading Clover to 4458, started getting constant random reboots within first 10 minutes of booting up. Could be coincidence and just hardware problem, but wondering what version of Clover folks are using--really miss using Hero build!

Stork, what Clover version are you using? Had to switch to hack mini build last month after getting constant random reboots on historically rock stable Hero VIII. Tried fresh install of 10.13.6 (with and without APFS). Suppose could be hardware (GPU or PSU), but keep a log and first recorded problems started after upgrading Clover to 4522 with occasional random reboots during sleep, then after upgrading Clover to 4458, started getting constant random reboots within first 10 minutes of booting up. Could be coincidence and just hardware problem, but wondering what version of Clover folks are using--really miss using Hero build!
I'm using the version that's in MultiBeast v10.4.0 which is r4630. Make sure you used the version of Clover the emulates NVRAM since you're using a Nvidia graphics card.

I keep getting an error 40 on the motherboard, followed ASUS's directions but no luck, any ideas?
:(

PS was working perfectly on 10.13.6 for 4-5 weeks, froze once then errors ever since .

Build Config :
Intel i7-7700k
ASUS Maximus Hero VIII
G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2300
ASUS NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050Ti OC 4Gb
Samsung 970 NVME 512Gb
EVGA 650W Bronze power supply
Deepcool Captain 240 EXA4 Liquid CPU Cooler
Coolermaster Cosmos 1000 Case

I keep getting an error 40 on the motherboard, followed ASUS's directions but no luck, any ideas?...
No...and I'm not telepathic, either. What are you trying to do? Following ASUS's directions for what?

Similar build to the one I'm trying to do but unfortunately I had poor judgement when I updated my MacBook to Mojave. I forgot to download the High Sierra installer so now I have to wait for Mojave to mature I guess. Any ideas of how to get High Sierra?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back