Contribute
Register

Stork's MyHero Build: ASUS ROG Z170 MAXIMUS VIII HERO - i7-6700K - GTX 980

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried that too, but doesn’t show me the MX
Wow. Dunno what to tell you to do next. If Disk Utility doesn't see it, then something happened to SSD. If you have Windows, boot into it and see if Windows version of disk utility can see it and run a first aid like command.

If that doesn't work, I think your drive is hosed. However, boot using your UniBeast thumb drive and get to the Window that has the four choices. In the menu bar choose Utility > Terminal.
- Enter "diskutil list" note the drive (/dev/diskx) for your MX 300;
- Enter "diskutil unmount /dev/disk?" where "?" is the disk number;
- Enter "fsck -y /dev/disk?"
- If fsck makes any repairs, you'll get a message that says "File system was modified." Run fsck again until the message no longer appears. (The first run may uncover additional errors that will require a further run to fix.)
- Once all repairs are made, enter "reboot".​

Good luck!

Wow. Dunno what to tell you to do next. If Disk Utility doesn't see it, then something happened to SSD. If you have Windows, boot into it and see if Windows version of disk utility can see it and run a first aid like command.

If that doesn't work, I think your drive is hosed. However, boot using your UniBeast thumb drive and get to the Window that has the four choices. In the menu bar choose Utility > Terminal.
- Enter "diskutil list" note the drive (/dev/diskx) for your MX 300;
- Enter "diskutil unmount /dev/disk?" where "?" is the disk number;
- Enter "fsck -y /dev/disk?"
- If fsck makes any repairs, you'll get a message that says "File system was modified." Run fsck again until the message no longer appears. (The first run may uncover additional errors that will require a further run to fix.)
- Once all repairs are made, enter "reboot".​

Good luck!

I’ll try that later and will let you know

But I can’t trust that drive anymore, even i managed to get it working again. If I shop for a new ssd, wich one would you suggest?

Thanks for you help!

Well, I used the MX300 and MX500, but the majority of my SSDs are Samsung, such as the 860/870 series, both EVO and Pro. Can't go wrong with an EVO.

Well, I used the MX300 and MX500, but the majority of my SSDs are Samsung, such as the 860/870 series, both EVO and Pro. Can't go wrong with an EVO.

I will shop for one of these Samsungs, I guess ... but let me tell you! I'm typing from my build right now (laughs ... ), I gave it a break and now that I returned to play with those settings again, the MX300 showed up and I was able to boot. Everything looks fine until now! Weird!!! LOL

Surely I can't rely on this sdd

SSDs that go dark sometimes only need several power cycling turns to revive themselves. It sounds like that is what you did even though you may not have done it on purpose.

I have an older, smaller, SSD that is non-responsive right now. That drive really messes with the BIOS and even the BIOS won’t boot if that drive is attached. It has not yet “woke”

SSDs that go dark sometimes only need several power cycling turns to revive themselves. It sounds like that is what you did even though you may not have done it on purpose.

I have an older, smaller, SSD that is non-responsive right now. That drive really messes with the BIOS and even the BIOS won’t boot if that drive is attached. It has not yet “woke”

I didn’t know about that! I’ll need to be patient with that drive. LOL

Yesterday, I formatted the drive and proceed to a new installation of High Sierra. I had a pen drive loaded with High Sierra 10.13.4 ... piece of cake when following @Stork ‘s guide.

Also, I would like to mention that I was able to install it with my 4K ASUS PB287Q monitor connected to the GTX 1070 DisplayPort.

Updated to 10.13.6 ... everything working, except audio. I read on another topic that we need to reinstall audio with MultiBeast. When doing that, do we need “build > install” only the audio driver or so we need to select all the other stuff that we selected when booting for the first time after installing High Sierra? It have always been a doubt to me...

@Stork wrote instructions about that https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/macos-10-13-5-update.253132/

@Stork I had great success with this and High Sierra... have you upgraded this box to Mojave yet? How did it go?

@Stork I had great success with this and High Sierra... have you upgraded this box to Mojave yet? How did it go?
I will upgrade to Mojave when Mojave 10.14.3 is released. By then, all the major bugs will be fixed.

That being said, I've had a test ssd running Mojave, and it seems to run fine. I'll be doing more testing as UniBeast & MultiBeast for Mojave are updated/released.

Thanks mate.
I will upgrade to Mojave when Mojave 10.14.3 is released. By then, all the major bugs will be fixed.

That being said, I've had a test ssd running Mojave, and it seems to run fine. I'll be doing more testing as UniBeast & MultiBeast for Mojave are updated/released.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back