Contribute
Register

Stork's MyHero Build: ASUS ROG Z170 MAXIMUS VIII HERO - i7-6700K - GTX 980

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Stork, I decided to give it a try since you had success... all is well except for audio... let me know your thoughts on this... everything works but I lost all the internal audio outputs.

Audio_Sys_Pref.png

Run MultiBeast again but just select the audio ALC1150 driver, install and reboot.

Run MultiBeast again but just select the audio ALC1150 driver, install and reboot.

Hi Stork, I needed audio so I connected my USB device's output to get sound and when I disconnected the minipin from the green audio port the other options appeared in the audio output system prefs... weird. Clicked on Internal speakers and all is well. Thanks again for your speedy reply.

hi.. Thanks for trying to help. Might be very simple but I don't know to skip this Ethernet customization step? Could you briefly let me know?
As stated below where I asked if you tried to skip this in my previous post. Skip it or say it wont connect to the internet.
there is an option like "this computer will not be connected to the internet", check that flag
I had tried to get him to try the skip or say it didnt connect.

As a follow up. It may be somehow attempting to verify with apple servers possible when this step is reached. I have a Tomato router setup and can follow each device and what it is attempting to connect to. If I can this evening or sometime this week I will do a fresh install on another drive and watch and see what it is trying to connect to or if it doesnt.

I will preface that I have been building systems to run OSX for my own purposes since 2010 and have a lot of experience since I attempt 'Vanilla' builds most of the time (I try to use systems that are very similar to apple hardware and get everything to work with DSDT/SSDT edits and bootloader injection). I've gotten many systems to work with absolutely no third party .kexts...
Anyway, that said, I built an El Capitan system recently that is EXACTLY the same parts list as used by the OP, and followed the instructions to the tee with two exceptions:
- I used an EVGA GeForce 980ti card (which I got working no problem with the web drivers)
- I added a StarTech PEX1394b3 Firewire card in the PCIEx4 slot. (this card is SUPPOSED to be plug and pray with El Capitan, as it uses the same LSI/Agere FW643 chip that apple implements on some of their MacBook Pros)

The problem I am having is that the system wakes from sleep instantly (after about 3 blinks of the sleep LED). I checked the console log and it reported Wake Reason: XDCI

I tried removing the FireWire card and the system sleeps fine.

I did dump the DSDT using F4 in clover and took a look at it, but I am pretty sure the Maximus VIII Hero uses a newer ACPI revision than RehabMans IASL is set up to deal with. MacIASL reported a lot of errors just opening the decompiled DSDT. I am versed in assembly and could likely figure it out and mess with _PWR methods or just disable wake in some places, but I am not trying to be my usual perfectionist self with this build. I just want it to work so I can get back to my usual workflow (my old rig went up in smoke after a gecko crawled over the power FETs on the motherboard, the gecko went up in smoke too).

Does anyone have any advice, or issues with a similar issue they solved with some quick workarounds? I am new to the TonyMac forums but have posted a lot of DSDT edits over on insanelymac over the years...

Any requests for logs, dumps, etc will be met with an immediate response. Thanks everyone for all the great knowledge here!

Hi Stork,
This is my first time building a hackintosh and I followed your aweseome guide. Everything worked great from the first install without any problems.
I was just wondering if you encountered the problem where when you try to shutdown the system, it reboots instead.
I've looked at other forums that says to install evoreboot.kext. I was wondering your thoughts on it before I do so.

My build:

ASUS ROG HERO VIII
intel i7 6700k
EVGA GTX 970 FTW
Crucial ballistic 32gb
Samsung EVO 850 500gb
Corsair H60
Corsair RM 650i PSU

Hi Stork,
This is my first time building a hackintosh and I followed your aweseome guide. Everything worked great from the first install without any problems.
I was just wondering if you encountered the problem where when you try to shutdown the system, it reboots instead.
I've looked at other forums that says to install evoreboot.kext. I was wondering your thoughts on it before I do so.

My build:

ASUS ROG HERO VIII
intel i7 6700k
EVGA GTX 970 FTW
Crucial ballistic 32gb
Samsung EVO 850 500gb
Corsair H60
Corsair RM 650i PSU

I think I may have had this happen once maybe twice. Does yours reboot every single time you choose shutdown?

I think I may have had this happen once maybe twice. Does yours reboot every single time you choose shutdown?

Yup. Everytime I try to shut down, it reboots instead.
Restart and sleep work fine. It's just the shut down option that's not working

I've updated the OP (Post #1) to reflect the installation of Sierra 10.12.0.

I've updated the OP (Post #1) to reflect the installation of Sierra 10.12.0.

Just to reiterate if your a pro app user, Final Cut Pro X. Compressor and others like this there is a considerable loss of performance in Seirra. I would highly recommend holding off till at least 10.12.2 even maybe 10.12.3. Just to show in FCPX a edit I done in a 3:45 film on 10.11.6 it takes roughly 9:56 second to render in 4K 30FPS. The Seirra build I installed on another drive, The encode jumped to 16:32. Same file outputed on both.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back