Contribute
Register

Stork's MyHero Build: ASUS ROG Z170 MAXIMUS VIII HERO - i7-6700K - GTX 980

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Stork,

My parts arrived, and I am now trying to install it. I installed the sierra (STEP4). I chose language, etc... it goes into installation stage and then ask me the country, keyboard type and internet connection (I chose DHCP). After that, the system stalls for a minute and reboot. At the boot screen, I chose again Sierra. It starts again from country, keyboard type and internet connection... and stalls and reboots again.
Any idea where I might be doing something wrong.

Hi Stork,

My parts arrived, and I am now trying to install it. I installed the sierra (STEP4). I chose language, etc... it goes into installation stage and then ask me the country, keyboard type and internet connection (I chose DHCP). After that, the system stalls for a minute and reboot. At the boot screen, I chose again Sierra. It starts again from country, keyboard type and internet connection... and stalls and reboots again.

Could you possible post a private youtube video or perhaps to a public dropbox with link? If I could see what is happening I could help more. Showing the whole event from boot to reboot.

Hi,
here is the dropbox link for the unexpected rebooting during the installation.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3tcojhz79ng798x/IMG_0638.MOV.mov?dl=0

I also tried to install using clover. Very similar error at the same stage happened. It seems like the problem comes when installation process was recognising or doing something with the ethernet. During the Clover installation, I was able to see the error in the verbose mode ".....userspace teardown took=62msec "

If there is a log-file, pls let me know how to find it and sent it to you.

Thanks for the help.

I didn't notice but unplug Ethernet and skip internet setup. Also please double check ALL your bios settings.

Ethernet is on the motherboard. I don't know how to skip this step actually.
About the bios settings (updated to 2202 X64), I can't set AI Overclocker Tuner to X.M.P.
Also, I disabled the safe boot. Rest of the setting parameters are changed as instructed in the Stork's notes. Now, I can't even boot into customisation.
Also, now I can now see the verbose mode. there is something about kext. Could you take a look at the movie and image in the dropbox
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hahhsyz4fmk9qo8/AADVN6o2NUWfOSO50A3irC9Ra?dl=0

Thanks

About the bios settings (updated to 2202 X64), I can't set AI Overclocker Tuner to X.M.P.
Also, I disabled the safe boot. Rest of the setting parameters are changed as instructed in the Stork's notes. Now, I can't even boot into customisation.
Also, now I can now see the verbose mode. there is something about kext. Could you take a look at the movie and image in the dropbox

Thanks
If you go back and read I had some really weird issues with my setup. I had to try and play with diff settings in my bios settings and also in clover. I personally cannot for sure say what to do with yours. I will try my best to see if I can come up with something.

Thanks
i had your same issue with a Maximux VIII Ranger, just skip the ethernet settings on the mac os setup, then install the mausi ethernet and all should be work as normal. I hope you can solve the issues with this workaround

i had your same issue with a Maximux VIII Ranger, just skip the ethernet settings on the mac os setup, then install the mausi ethernet and all should be work as normal. I hope you can solve the issues with this workaround
hi.. Thanks for trying to help. Might be very simple but I don't know to skip this Ethernet customization step? Could you briefly let me know?

hi.. Thanks for trying to help. Might be very simple but I don't know to skip this Ethernet customization step? Could you briefly let me know?
there is an option like "this computer will not be connected to the internet", check that flag

Use MultiBeast for Sierra
Hi Stork,

Are you using UniBeast to create the USB Installation Thumb Drive? If so, UniBeast puts all the current Ethernet drivers in it's Clover configuration.

Did you set the USB Thumb drive as your boot drive in the BIOS as per my Post #1 instructions? If so, then you will be booting from it until you change it after you finish the installation and run MultiBeast. Remember, to boot from the USB Installer Thumb Drive until the installation procedures has been completed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back