Contribute
Register

Stork's Gene Build > ASUS MAXIMUS VIII GENE Z170 - i5-6600K - MSI Vega 56

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding sound, I pulled an extreme noob move and won't even go into it... ha.

Regarding the dual monitors not working, I actually pulled my GPU out and I'm using the built-in iGPU...

Edit: Something interesting... After I wake my computer from sleep, the right monitor (non-working) shows the white apple but blurry and distorted and then the monitor shuts off again when the left (working) monitor wakes up.

Please post your EFI folder and a screen shot of what is in your /Library/Extensions/ folder.

Also, which version of macOS are you running?

Hi @pastrychef ! Here is a screen shot of my /Library/Extensions/ folder. I mounted my EFI and I see the EFI folder. However, what do you mean by post it here? I'm running 10.14.4 (fresh install). Thank you!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-05-02 at 4.27.33 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-05-02 at 4.27.33 PM.png
    173.2 KB · Views: 84
Hi @pastrychef ! Here is a screen shot of my /Library/Extensions/ folder. I mounted my EFI and I see the EFI folder. However, what do you mean by post it here? I'm running 10.14.4 (fresh install). Thank you!

Yes. Please zip the entire EFI folder and attach to a post here.

EFI zip attached. Thank you.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    16.9 MB · Views: 103
EFI zip attached. Thank you.

Please try this EFI...

1. Make sure you have the latest Lilu, AppleALC, and WhateverGreen in /Library/Extensions/.
  2. Download and unzip attached EFI.zip file.
  3. Initialize a USB flash drive to GUID FAT.
  4. Copy the EFI folder to the USB flash drive.
  5. Shut down computer.
  6. Plug in the USB flash drive to the computer.
  7. Power up the computer and spam the F8 key until you see the BIOS boot menu.
  8. Select the USB flash drive.
  9. When you see the Clover boot menu, select your main system drive.

If everything is working well, you can replace the EFI folder in the EFI partition of your main system drive with this one.

* Please note that I did not check if the Serial, Board Serial, and UUID are clean so they may not work with Messages. I recommend you check them once you have confirmed the EFI folder is working well.

Edit:
Forgot to tell you to get rid of NullCPUPowerManagement.kext from /Library/Extensions/.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    16.9 MB · Views: 99
Last edited:
So I booted up using your directions. The 2nd monitor now works! However, both monitors are mirrored rather than extended. In Display Settings, I don't see the option to make it extended. Also, I'm seeing a lot of graphical glitches here and there too. Thank you.

So I booted up using your directions. The 2nd monitor now works! However, both monitors are mirrored rather than extended. In Display Settings, I don't see the option to make it extended. Also, I'm seeing a lot of graphical glitches here and there too. Thank you.

In BIOS, how much memory do you have allocated to IGPU? Can you try increasing it?

In System Preferences > Displays, are you seeing the arrangement tab?

I'm in the bios and I can't find how much memory (I have 16gb ram) I have allocated to the iGPU. However, under Advanced/SA Config/Graphics Config/ "iGPU Multi-Monitor" is "Disabled". It says if I enable it, the iGPOU shared system memory size will be fixed at 64M. Not sure if this is relevant or not. If this is not what you're looking for, do you know where in the BIOS on this motherboard I would find the info you're looking for?

In system prefs/displays, I do NOT see the arrangement tab. Thank you for your help!

I'm in the bios and I can't find how much memory (I have 16gb ram) I have allocated to the iGPU. However, under Advanced/SA Config/Graphics Config/ "iGPU Multi-Monitor" is "Disabled". It says if I enable it, the iGPOU shared system memory size will be fixed at 64M. Not sure if this is relevant or not. If this is not what you're looking for, do you know where in the BIOS on this motherboard I would find the info you're looking for?

In system prefs/displays, I do NOT see the arrangement tab. Thank you for your help!

Yes, please enable IGPU Multi-Monitor.

Do you have a video card installed?

Enabled iGPU multi-monitor in BIOS. No difference... still graphical weirdness and no arrangement tab (still mirrored only). I pulled out my GTX 950 since its not supported in Mojave. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back