Graphics
GTX 950
Mac
iMac, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Classic Mac
iBook, iMac
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
Stork - just confirming you meant to choose for Bootloader the "Emulated" option...? Thanks.

Stork

Admin
Staff member
Motherboard
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X HERO Z370
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Power Mac, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
Stork - just confirming you meant to choose for Bootloader the "Emulated" option...? Thanks.
No, since I'm no longer using an Nvidia graphics card, I didn't choose the "Clover UEFI Boot Mode + Emulated NVRAM". I do recommend that option for Nvidia card users. However, I don't recommend Mojave for Nvidia graphics card systems since Nvidia has not released drivers for Mojave.

I went back and reviewed my Installation, and I see that I didn't edit several paragraphs. The Post #1 Installation Procedures now reflect a Mojave installation. But, the BIOS and MultiBeast configure should be about the same for a High Sierra installation.

Motherboard
ASUS MAXIMUS VIII GENE
CPU
i5-6600K
Graphics
GTX 950
Mac
Classic Mac
iBook, iMac
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
Stork - thanks for your quick reply! Since there's no web drivers in Mojave, I pulled my nVidia card and I'm just using the iGPU. Having issues with getting my 2nd monitor to be recognized once I'm in macOS (while booting up, both monitors are mirrored however). Would this be because I chose the emulated NVRAM option? I'll go ahead and redo Multibeast with the non-emulated option. Thoughts appreciated. Thanks.

EDIT: My left monitor is working; however, the right one says (on the monitor itself, not coming from the computer) nothing detected coming from the computer. What's odd is if I move my mouse all the way to the right, it looks like my mouse goes off my left screen to the right like its supposed to be going to my right-monitor.

Last edited:

Stork

Admin
Staff member
Motherboard
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
Classic Mac
Power Mac, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
@pastrychef we can use your help here.

@legaleye3000 which monitor is hooked to what motherboard video port? Monitors resolutions?

Motherboard
ASUS MAXIMUS VIII GENE
CPU
i5-6600K
Graphics
GTX 950
Mac
Classic Mac
iBook, iMac
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
One is hooked through DP and the other is HDMI. The one not working is HDMI. I'm not sure about the resolution...

Motherboard
ASUS MAXIMUS VIII GENE
CPU
i5-6600K
Graphics
GTX 950
Mac
Classic Mac
iBook, iMac
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
Hi Stork- just wanted to follow up on the above. I JUST did a brand new install (wiped drive clean) of Mojave. Using iGPU with 2 monitors attached and only one of them is showing up. ALSO, no sound is coming out of my speakers even though "internal speakers" is showing and the speakers are plugged into the green audio port. Thanks.

Last edited:

Stork

Admin
Staff member
Motherboard
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
Classic Mac
Power Mac, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi Stork- just wanted to follow up on the above. I JUST did a brand new install (wiped drive clean) of Mojave. Using iGPU with 2 monitors attached and only one of them is showing up. ALSO, no sound is coming out of my speakers even though "internet speakers" is showing and the speakers are plugged into the green audio port. Thanks.
Do you mean "internal speakers"? See also Post #1220 for a fresh Mojave install.

Motherboard
ASUS MAXIMUS VIII GENE
CPU
i5-6600K
Graphics
GTX 950
Mac
Classic Mac
iBook, iMac
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
Yes, I meant "internal". Just edited...

I followed your instructions; however, no sound are coming out of the speakers. Yet everything looks fine on screen (i.e. no "no audio device found", etc...". Thank you.

Stork

Admin
Staff member
Motherboard
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
Classic Mac
Power Mac, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
Go to Applications > Utilities > Audio MIDI Setup. I've found by "playing around" with the speakers in Audo MIDI Setup, I can find the right combo. I'm sorry but Gene is packed up for the trip North to our home after visiting family. I should be more helpful in a couple of days.

BTW, what do you see in the System Preferences > Sound > Output?

Motherboard
ASUS MAXIMUS VIII GENE
CPU
i5-6600K
Graphics
GTX 950
Mac
Classic Mac
iBook, iMac
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
I got the sound working! The only thing remaining is getting my 2nd monitor working. Upon bootup, both monitors are mirrored (Clover, Apple bootup). In the middle of the Apple bootup sequence, my right monitor goes to sleep and that's it. Any help appreciated. Thank you!