Contribute
Register

Stork's Batman Build: GA-P55M-UD4 - Core i7-875k - GA 5770 "Batmobile"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Stork's 2nd Build - GA-P55M-UD4 - Core i7-875k - Not SB

Hi Stork,

I have the same mainboard and CPU as your P55A/875K build. Lion would fail during the install and tell me to retry. However I was able to install Snow Leopard without a problem. During the Lion upgrade did you have any problems? I haven't really put the SL build into use so botching the upgrade wouldn't be so bad, so I may try it via the upgrade route instead of retrying the straight Lion install.

Thanks

awraynor,
I didn't have any problems. The upgrade to Lion went so smoothly that I ran all the hard tests I could to make sure everything was working. Make sure your graphics card is compatible.

Another tip, print out the guide(s) and check off each step. :thumbup: Also, reread my original post and look at page 3 of the latest MultiBeast Features document.

Good Luck! And have enjoy Mac OS X whatever flavor you get running.

Thanks Stork,

I'll try it while using your article as a template. My 9600 works on the Snow Leopard install, but if it was in the box the Lion Unibeast install would fail everytime. I haven't really built out my SL install so might try the Lion upgrade path. Worse case is I just install Snow Leopard again.

Wish it were as easy to jailbreak my AppleTV2 as it is to build a hackintosh courtesy of TonyMac and his great forum members.

LOL! I have 2 Apple TVs 1st Gen which I hacked and replaced the internal IDE drives with external 1TB eSATA drives. They work great, but at end of life with no resale value.

I've since moved on to HTPCs and Rokus. My HacHTPC and Mac Mini run Plex using both local and NAS storage. The Roku is mainly used for Netflix and MLB.

So using the Unibeast upgrade method I was able to get Lion installed. The one immediate issue is that the official Apple keyboard works, but 2 generic USB mice do not. I have tried applying the following, but no luck.

USBBusFix=Yes

EHCIacquire=Yes

UHCIreset=Yes

Any other ideas?

Nope. All works well on mine. I recommend you post your problem in 10.7 Support or General Tuning forum sections.

I posted in another section, no luck yet. Likely to try reinstall and if it doesn't fix it just stick with Snow Leopard, don't personally see a huge difference. Not a big fan of the iOSification of OSX.

awraynor said:
I posted in another section, no luck yet. Likely to try reinstall and if it doesn't fix it just stick with Snow Leopard, don't personally see a huge difference. Not a big fan of the iOSification of OSX.

Your not the only one regarding this. I tried Lion for a while but just didnt like it. Theres lots of bells & whistles, lots of new eye candy, but in all honesty, I find Snow Leopard still much more of a productive system. Plus the fact it is well matured, as is iBoot/Multibeast, makes it definitely the system I will remain with for the forseeable future.

Installation is an absoute breeze too, you just cant go wrong on a P55 system.

:thumbup:

I run the latest versions to provide help to those individuals running the latest version of OS X.

However, I keep my wife's MBP on Snow Leopard. I have to give her electronic stuff that has a high WAF. (Wife Acceptance Factor.) She's a happy camper, and that's what counts.

That being said, I've got an iPhone and like the integration in Lion. So, YMMV.

The first time around a clean unibeast lion install failed everytime. Tried again after usb problems, only leaving all 16GB of RAM in this time, worked like a charm. Got to love it.

I tried the 4S, nice phone but the size of that screen would make me have to wear glasses. Back to my rooted Droid X with custom MIUI ROM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back