Contribute
Register

Stork's Batman Build: GA-P55M-UD4 - Core i7-875k - GA 5770 "Batmobile"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully, the checked box for "Play feedback when volume is changed" is all you need.

I'm not running Sierra, yet. (I am still on 10.11.6.) I'll wait for 10.12.3 to get the bugs out. But, yes, our olde P55's will run Sierra. I'll start by changing the SysDef to iMac14,2 before I install Sierra. Then, use Legacy for both UniBeast and MultiBeast. I'll post more here when 10.12.3 is released.

Did you ever find time to try Sierra or now High Sierra on the P55A?

p.s. I should have waited a few more days, for the one year anniversary.

Did you ever find time to try Sierra or now High Sierra on the P55A?

p.s. I should have waited a few more days, for the one year anniversary.
Yes, I installed both Sierra and High Sierra as test cases. I haven't gotten around to make them a production upgrade, though, as I'm working mainly with the tonymacx86 software testing. However, make sure you make your UniBeast Installation USB thumb drive as a Legacy installation. After the installation, run MultiBeast choosing the
Quick Start > Legacy Boot Mode​

The installation should go without a problem since the UniBeast & MultiBeast versions for Sierra and High Sierra are mature now. If you'd rather install Sierra before High Sierra, let me know, and I'll give you the iTunes link for Sierra 10.12.6.

Thank you for asking as I've been focusing on the newer systems. I'll update to High Sierra this Spring when at least 10.13.3 or .4 is released.

Yes, I installed both Sierra and High Sierra as test cases. I haven't gotten around to make them a production upgrade, though, as I'm working mainly with the tonymacx86 software testing. However, make sure you make your UniBeast Installation USB thumb drive as a Legacy installation. After the installation, run MultiBeast choosing the
Quick Start > Legacy Boot Mode​

The installation should go without a problem since the UniBeast & MultiBeast versions for Sierra and High Sierra are mature now. If you'd rather install Sierra before High Sierra, let me know, and I'll give you the iTunes link for Sierra 10.12.6.

Thank you for asking as I've been focusing on the newer systems. I'll update to High Sierra this Spring when at least 10.13.3 or .4 is released.

I have a similar MB (GA-P55-UD2) and CPU (Core i7-860) to your Batman Build and I was hoping that you could help me troubleshoot the problem I am experiencing with slow/under clocked CPU speeds.

I built my Hackintosh back in November 2009 and am currently running El Capitan 10.11.6. Although everything works, it's been very sluggish since I switched Bootloaders from Chimera to Clover when I updated from Mavericks to El Capitan.

According to HWMonitor, the CPU Cores are running at x9.0/1.20 GHz; previously the CPU cores were running at x22.0/2.93 GHz using the Chimera Bootloader. Suspecting that the problem could be related to the lack of a DSDT file in Clover, I recently placed a modified (to account for audio/USB problems) DSDT file from the DSDT Database into the EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched folder; unfortunately this did not fix the problem.

Any suggestions on how I can fix this problem? I am currently using the MacPro 5,1 System Definitions, although I had the same problem when using the MacPro 3,1 System Definitions.

Thanks,

Bruno

When I did my testing, I used the MultiBeast default Sys Def of iMac14,2. But, I didn't play with High Sierra as I was testing UniBeast and MultiBeast. So, Unfortunately, I can't help you. (I'm not at Batman's location and won't be for a while.)

Hi there,

I have recently had a need to rebuild my setup (p55m-ud4).

I followed the instructions above with High Sierra.

Everything went ok - however when I come the the DSDT part I get the compile errors with MaciASL.

Please se attached files for details.

If anyone has seen this please could you advise how to fix it.

Cheers

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-06-30 at 9.31.07 am.png
    Screen Shot 2018-06-30 at 9.31.07 am.png
    337.8 KB · Views: 107
  • Screen Shot 2018-06-30 at 9.31.43 am.png
    Screen Shot 2018-06-30 at 9.31.43 am.png
    166.4 KB · Views: 116
Hi there,

I have recently had a need to rebuild my setup (p55m-ud4).

I followed the instructions above with High Sierra.

Everything went ok - however when I come the the DSDT part I get the compile errors with MaciASL.

Please se attached files for details.

If anyone has seen this please could you advise how to fix it.

Cheers
I've haven't updated Batman beyond 10.9.5. However, IIRC, using High Sierra and using MultiBeast you don't need a DSDT. But, hopefully someone who's still using their P55 motherboard based system can chime in to confirm that you don't need a DSDT.

I've haven't updated Batman beyond 10.9.5. However, IIRC, using High Sierra and using MultiBeast you don't need a DSDT. But, hopefully someone who's still using their P55 motherboard based system can chime in to confirm that you don't need a DSDT.

Thanks Stork,

Unfortunately I could not get High Sierra going - the system would install ok, I could run MultiBeast fine and boot using Clover.

However:

As soon as I tried to put the system to sleep, the screen would go blank for a few seconds and then come back on.

As soon as the system went to sleep by itself - the keyboard and mouse became unresponsive - no keyboard lights came on when I pressed caps lock.

I did try google/search and the things suggested - however they did not appear to work.

So then I tried Sierra - this time when the system went to sleep it would corrupt the CMOS even though I had the AppleRTC ticked in the clover options.

Now I am going back to try your El Capitan install and see if I can get that going.

Any suggestions would be welcome as I would really like to get the system up and going / stable.

Many thanks

Last edited:
As an update I managed to successfully install El Capitan - everything works as it should

I changed "System Preferences -> Energy Saver" to "Start up automatically after a power failure"

Everything functions as it should.

So if anyone has any further suggestions on how to get to my "evergreen" p55m-ud4 setup to Sierra or High Sierra I would really appreciate it :)

Cheers

Marc

Build 0: GA-P55M-UD4, i5 2.8GHz, 8Gb G.Skill Memory, Samsung 830 512Gb SSD, Optiarc DVD RW AD-7260S, NVIDIA GTX 650

Last edited:
Glad you hear you got macOS installed. Where did you find El Capitan? Sierra?

Just remember to use Legacy option for both UniBeast & MultiBeast

Glad you hear you got macOS installed. Where did you find El Capitan? Sierra?

Just remember to use Legacy option for both UniBeast & MultiBeast

Hi,

Thanks so much for the reply.

As I have been a longtime customer of Apple - I just downloaded them from my previous purchases

I can confirm that I have been using the legacy option for both.

I will continue reasearching to see if I can move beyond El Capitan, so if anyone finds out how to get sleep/wake/USB working with this mother board - I would love to hear.

Cheers

Marc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back