Contribute
Register

Static noise develops, sound volume diminishes, and audio stops working? GA-Z77-DS3H Multibeast 5.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad to hear that your problem is solved too. I forgot to mention about "24 bit" adjustment, sorry for that. I have no idea why these settings works, but it seems working for everyone.

Hey,
I've tried changing it to 96000 and 24bit and i still get static after about 3 mins or so? I don't have chrome or anything installed i reset everything today sooooo? any ideas?

Hey,
I've tried changing it to 96000 and 24bit and i still get static after about 3 mins or so? I don't have chrome or anything installed i reset everything today sooooo? any ideas?

Have you tried this? It worked for me

To avoid the issue, install audio from MultiBeast 5.4.3 (Mountain Lion 10.8.4 AppleHDA.kext).

Have you tried this? It worked for me

To avoid the issue, install audio from MultiBeast 5.4.3 (Mountain Lion 10.8.4 AppleHDA.kext).

Do you mean the entire audio bit? Like Drivers & Bootloaders>Drivers>Audio. ?

Update:

Just tried that and got this error message.

The system extension “/System/Library/Extensions/VoodooHDA.kext” was installed improperly and cannot be used. Please try reinstalling it, or contact the product’s vendor for an update.

HELP!

Do you mean the entire audio bit? Like Drivers & Bootloaders>Drivers>Audio. ?

Update:

Just tried that and got this error message.

The system extension “/System/Library/Extensions/VoodooHDA.kext” was installed improperly and cannot be used. Please try reinstalling it, or contact the product’s vendor for an update.

HELP!

First:
Delete original AppleHDA and HDAEnable in S/L/E

Then install audio from MultiBeast 5.4.3

First:

Probably a stupid question, but how do I do that? I'm completely clueless when it comes to mac sorry.

I don't mean to be rude, but i need this fixed asap :p

First:

Well, I did that: removing AppleHDA and HDAEnabler1 and 2. Installed only audio driver for realtek887 from 5.4.3. Rebooted.

Then I can't boot into the system. It says "can't find mach_kernel". DOH!

Any idea how to fix this one?

my board is GA-Z77-DS3H v1.1

Well, I did that: removing AppleHDA and HDAEnabler1 and 2. Installed only audio driver for realtek887 from 5.4.3. Rebooted.

Then I can't boot into the system. It says "can't find mach_kernel". DOH!

Any idea how to fix this one?

my board is GA-Z77-DS3H v1.1

You must have done something very wrong. Because doing what you did is harmless and cant render the system unbootable

You must have done something very wrong. Because doing what you did is harmless and cant render the system unbootable

Well, I've done exactly as advised: remove appleHDA/HDAenabler, install audio drivers from 5.4.3 multibeast. Nothing else. Apparently these steps alone would be the "something horribly wrong" here, so perhaps it should be reconsidered before trying.

Things are really messed up right now. Chimera wouldn't be able to boot into my old OSX partition. However, in selecting a backup OSX parition on a spare drive, somehow it boots into the supposedly broken OSX parition in the main drive, as if nothing has happened. Chimera somehow is confused about which is which? Not sure what's going on here. May have to start over.

Update:
Well, seeing how it's f'ed up, but I'm still able to boot into the original system with strange methods, I decided to try if the 5.4.3. driver works. Interestingly, it doesn't seem to work at all (Drivers/Audio/RealtekALC8xx//WithoutDSDT/Realtek ALC887/v100302Current as well as the 3 port audio enabler meant for boards like DS3H). The mac just lost its audio ports. I removed the AppleHDA, HDAEnabler1 and HDAEnabler2 again, and installed using Multibeast 5.5.3, and audio is back albeit still with the static. I'm running 10.8.5 with Supplemental Update 1.

Now it's all very strange with the Chimera and "can't find mach_kernel" error. I've searched and reinstalled the bootloader but achieving the same effect. Even reinstalling using Chameleon results the same thing: If I select the main OSX drive, it gives me a "can't find Mach_Kernel". If I select the 2ndary drive with OSX, it boots into the primary drive OSX. If I boot into the 2ndary drive, booting selection works fine (i.e. 2ndary drive's osx partition will boot properly), though the main drive's OSX, will still boot with mach_kernel error.

Tips? I searched and there isn't a clear solution. Kinda scary that this would just happen and require a reinstall to fix. I just want to find something that wouldn't require reinstall, for the sake of dependability.

Update on Fixing the "Can't Find mach_kernel" Error.
It's interesting to note that while booting into the install thumbdrive (unibeast) it also somehow booted into the main OSX drive. So I removed the bios priority of the main drive and booted into the install disk.
I followed tips here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/265061-cant-find-mach-kernal-snow-leopard/
Using terminal, I went to the root folder of the install disk (cd /) and found the mach_kernel. I just copyed it to the root folder of the main osx drive that's having problems.
Code:
[COLOR=#000000]cp [/COLOR][COLOR=#666600]-[/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]R mach_kernel [/COLOR][COLOR=#666600]/[/COLOR][COLOR=#660066]Volumes[/COLOR][COLOR=#666600]/<[/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]yourMacinstallName[/COLOR][COLOR=#666600]>[/COLOR]
And it worked. Thank goodness. Things are back to normal, though Chimera/Chameleon isn't as original as it was as I reinstalled it a few times. It strangely wanted to boot into the BIOS preferred boot drive despite having selected secondary drive partitions (with BIOS boot device selector too). It just picked up the mach_kernel from other installations and booted into original boot device. How strange.

Also 10.8.5. supplimental update recognizes the drive as upgradable (going to reapply update now). So I guess the reason for the screwup has something to do with multibeast 5.4.3 not playing nice with the supplimental update?

On the thread topic: after weeks of testing, this static sound remains a chrome only issue. Chromium strangely wouldn't cause this problem, or not nearly as easily as chrome would. Without any of the chrome/chromium running, nothing is wrong. This is the case for the GA-Z77-DS3H rev.1.1 that I have anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back