Contribute
Register

Static noise develops, sound volume diminishes, and audio stops working? GA-Z77-DS3H Multibeast 5.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the same problem. But I first heard it in VLC. Now it happened in Chrome playing a Youtube movie.

If I pause for a few seconds then the audio is fine for a while

There was no problem with VLC. But playing a movie in VLC and having Chrome with flash open messes with the sound in VLC. Closing Chrome and the sound is OK again i VLC :)

Hi niclasc,

Can you please confirm if the "static" your are hearing is coming from your PC front case jacks or your rear audio motherboard I/O ports ?

my rear audio motherboard ports are crystal and static free but my front case ports (headphone and mic) pick up noise and static so I believe that in my case, it's due to having a cheap case with unshielded cabled I/O case ports.

Hi niclasc,

Can you please confirm if the "static" your are hearing is coming from your PC front case jacks or your rear audio motherboard I/O ports ?

my rear audio motherboard ports are crystal and static free but my front case ports (headphone and mic) pick up noise and static so I believe that in my case, it's due to having a cheap case with unshielded cabled I/O case ports.

For me the static comes from the rear audio motherboard ports. Havent tried the front ports yet

What is 'Alternative VoodooHDA+AppleHDADisabler.zip''?

Hi~
http://www.osx86.net/files/file/609-...#commentsStart
There is a green download link in right corner in this page and next page there are three files when you submit .
you can see ''Alternative VoodooHDA+AppleHDADisabler.zip''

I test the sound effect serverl songs , youtube , movies , logic pro.....is not better than original AppleHDA but it temporarily solved the problem .

Hope someone can help fixing the AppleHDA.kext !!

Hi~
http://www.osx86.net/files/file/609-...#commentsStart
There is a green download link in right corner in this page and next page there are three files when you submit .
you can see ''Alternative VoodooHDA+AppleHDADisabler.zip''

I test the sound effect serverl songs , youtube , movies , logic pro.....is not better than original AppleHDA but it temporarily solved the problem .

Hope someone can help fixing the AppleHDA.kext !!

Doesent work for me. I delete original AppleHDA and HDAEnable in S/L/E, install all kexts in ''Alternative VoodooHDA+AppleHDADisabler.zip''

After a restart the volume buttons are working but there is no sound. When I press volume up or down it shows on the screen but there is not sound

Try Chromium

Do the audio problems occur with iTunes music?

It doesn't seem to be a hackintosh problem, since none of the other audio apps create this static. None of the other browsers do either. In fact, nothing but Chrome running causes a system-wide audio breakdown. It is pretty obviously chrome related, and it doesn't make much sense to change audio drivers to something that's not even supposed to be compatible.

Pinning this on Chrome, I was a little frustrated that the latest update didn't fix this. I decided to try some beta versions, such as Chrome Canary, which also has the same problem. The effect is pretty immediate as well. If you had audio playing in the background, starting chrome/canary would sometimes immediately cause static, and quitting Chrome immediately fixes this as well. If this isn't indication of the source of the problem, I don't know what is.

I ended up downloading a copy of Chromium, from https://download-chromium.appspot.com/ (or you can go http://www.chromium.org/getting-involved/download-chromium, though I couldn't find anything under OSX directory in the snapshots). The version I downloaded is Version 32.0.1664.0 (227269).

I have used it to play streaming tv via web as well as itune playing/spotify all day. No problems. I am not 100% positive that it's fixed, but so far it's worked great. If I start either Chrome and Canary (they use separate profiles so they don't conflict) the problem starts almost immediately, so maybe there's something about Chromium that fits Macs better?

For what it's worth. I'd love to know what you guys find.

UPDATE:
Managed to get static developed in the Chromium as well, while playing with HTML5 enabled on Youtube. I switched off the HTML5 trial and it's fine? I cannot be sure if the video was playing in HTML5 as the player module doesn't look that different.

I've now disabled the native flash plugin. The way to tell if it's running native or Adobe is by maximizing to full screen: chrome native flash gives an OSX zoom effect and blacks out the 2nd monitor (I have multimonitor setup and this behavior is notorious and supposedly fixed in Mavarick). The Adobe Plugin just gives full screen on the monitor that displayed the original youtube window. I'm going to test further and report.

I'm having the same problem after upgrading to 10.8.5

I have a GA-Z77X-UD5H.

First I had no sound, so with multibeast 5.5.2 I installed audio->no DSDT->ALC898. Audio plays fine for 3-4 minutes, then turns to static.

I also have no bluetooth anymore, except the mouse/keyboard dongle is working.

Everything else seems to be working (except sleep, which never worked and did not try to fix).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back