Contribute
Register

Static noise develops, sound volume diminishes, and audio stops working? GA-Z77-DS3H Multibeast 5.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try MultiBeast 5.4.3/ALC887 Current (10.8.4 AppleHDA.kext) .

Thanks Toleda - You da man !

i applied your fix on my DS3H and it's a winner :thumbup:

if we can get the same feedback results from other posters here then the thread should be marked as Fixed !

Why would the old kext work better than the new one? What is the difference?
Im actually having static too but mostly from my mic.
At least this is what ppl keep complaining about when i skype.
I need to know how to fix this, besides this older kext from MB 5.4.3 wont give me sound at all..

Hi kounelos,

The focus here is to achieve static free clear audio output quality so i am sorry that i am unable to comment about the mic line input audio issues that you are experiencing as i do not have a microphone.

Here is how i recommend you apply Toleda's solution;

- locate your boot drive Systems/Library/Extensions folder

- once in the Extensions folder, i recommend you switch the viewer icon to a text list view and you will locate the following kexts (below) much easier alphabetically

- locate your current OSX 10.9.x AppleHDA.kexts (as modified by MultiBeast 6.x) and delete it

- locate any HDAEnabler.kexts and delete them (sometimes there's more than one, e.g, HDAEnabler1.kext and HDAEnabler2.kext)

- after deleting the kexts, exit from your S/L/E folder and return to your desktop

- Download and run MultiBeast 5.4.3

- select Drivers & Bootloaders > Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALC8xx > ... the version that corresponds to your motherboard's Realtek version and install the correct audio kext.

- When done, Reboot and then launch Disk Utility

- select your boot drive in Disk Utility and Repair Permissions

i applied this fix on my DS3H and it's a winner - credit goes to Toleda for the tip :thumbup:

if we can get the same feedback results from other posters here then the thread should be marked as Fixed !

Did that already...
But maybe cause im on z87 not z77 this older kext will not work..it will only spam my logs with with assertions.
So this solution will not work for me.

Im trying to understand why my mic gets distorted..And sometimes my sound also gets distorted but this might be a chrome thing...

Did that already...But maybe cause im on z87 not z77 this older kext will not work..it will only spam my logs with with assertions.So this solution will not work for me.Im trying to understand why my mic gets distorted..And sometimes my sound also gets distorted but this might be a chrome thing...
kounelos, please start your own thread in a new post for your Z87 specific motherboard model audio/mic problems. This will attract others with your board to chime in and help you

As you can see from the title of this post, it relates specifically to the [onboard] AUDIO OUTPUT static problems Z77 DS3H users have been experiencing since the release of OS X 10.8.5 to date and Mavericks.

IMO Toleda has cracked it now with his solution to install the audio kext from MultiBeast 5.4.3 /ALC887 Current (10.8.4 AppleHDA.kext) for all of us Z77 DS3H owners running OS X 10.8.5 and Mavericks.

This has eliminated the static audio issues for me and i expect it will for all other Z77 DS3H owners.

I would like other Z77 DS3H owners to come forward and confirm whether MulitBeast 5.4.3 audio has solved the onboard audio static issues for them so that this thread can be marked as solved !

Peace ;)

Working for me so far. Thanks a lot

IMO Toleda has cracked it now with his solution to install the audio kext from MultiBeast 5.4.3 /ALC887 Current (10.8.4 AppleHDA.kext) for all of us Z77 DS3H owners running OS X 10.8.5 and Mavericks.

This has eliminated the static audio issues for me and i expect it will for all other Z77 DS3H owners.

I would like other Z77 DS3H owners to come forward and confirm whether MulitBeast 5.4.3 audio has solved the onboard audio static issues for them so that this thread can be marked as solved !

Peace ;)

for the record, this solution worked for my asrock z77 extreme4 as well. initially after installing a clean mavricks, i don't think i had any issue with sound but after a week or so it showed up (although i alternate between the onboard card and logitech usb headphones, so may just not have used onboard with chrome/flash). thanks toleda!

Kounelos are you greek by any chance? (the username seems greek and I am greek, that's why I am asking).
The reason I am posting is I also have a ga-z87-hd3 board and my sound just stopped working out of the analog jacks and I am only hearing heavy static whenever I try to connect them. It was working fine for a few months.
Did you get to solve your issues? Was it a jack detection problem or a power management problem?
My windows installation says the device is not plugged in and the Mac OSX 10.9 installation selects the card but no sound comes out.
If any of you guys can respond to this I would be gratefull, I am trying to avoid a trip back to the seller to ask for a replacement board..
I would be happy to create a new post if necessary, I am posting here first because I think it's relevant.

Mythryll

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back