Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,

I installed Mavericks in my HDD using clover.
I did the post install, so now I don't have to use the USB-stick for booting.
But when I restart, I stil have to go trough the Clover menu:
- Choose the HDD
- Entering my boot flags.
Can someone help me wit this issue?

I did some changes on the EFI disk on my HDD.
I als changed the config-file.

Other things I mised?

GA-X79-UD3 / i7-4930K

Hi,

I installed Mavericks in my HDD using clover.
I did the post install, so now I don't have to use the USB-stick for booting.
But when I restart, I stil have to go trough the Clover menu:
- Choose the HDD
- Entering my boot flags.
Can someone help me wit this issue?

I did some changes on the EFI disk on my HDD.
I als changed the config-file.

Other things I mised?

GA-X79-UD3 / i7-4930K

Is there a problem w/ booting to HDD from Clover menu? That's the way it's intended to be used... :D

It would be fine if I turn on my computer that it just boots into OSX :)
Now I have to typ in all the boot flags.
There must be a way to avoid that... Like copying the bootflags somewhere on your HDD?

There must be a way to avoid that... Like copying the bootflags somewhere on your HDD?

For your bootflags, you can import your config.plist using Clover Configurator, then under the "Boot" option, add which boot flags you want to use for your system, there is also a Custom Flags add section. As for booting directly to your OS X drive, add the name of your drive to Default Boot Volume and use the timeout key to change how fast it boots from bootloader to OS.

In the Boot section of the Clover config.plist you will find a key for Arguments (<key>Arguments</key>). Put your boot flags in the string section that follows. There should be a 'kext-dev-mode=1' argument already there, just put any additional necessary boot flags in that section:

<string>kext-dev-mode=1 dart=0 -v -f</string> (example)

Also in the Boot section, you should find DefaultVolume and Timeout keys. Set DefaultVolume to your OS X volume and the Timeout value to '0' if you want to boot directly into OS X without stopping at the Clover screen.

-bth

Almost there!

I did all the changes into the config.plist file.
When I startup, I still have to go to the clover menu, but I don't have to type in the bootflags.
So that worked :)
But he is't skipping the clover menu.

Maybe a stupid question, but the proper name of my HDD... Is that the name I gave when installing it with disk utility or the name I find into my bios (Boot option #1)

Thanks for helping me!

Almost there!

I did all the changes into the config.plist file.
When I startup, I still have to go to the clover menu, but I don't have to type in the bootflags.
So that worked :)
But he is't skipping the clover menu.

Maybe a stupid question, but the proper name of my HDD... Is that the name I gave when installing it with disk utility or the name I find into my bios (Boot option #1)

Thanks for helping me!

It should be the name that you can see in Disk Utility, however, I've heard of instances where you need to use the volume's GUID. You can find the GUID of a volume by highlighting the volume at the Clover boot screen and hitting space bar.

-bth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back