Contribute
Register

SSDT GPU (Graphics Card) Injection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Black Screen with MacPro 6,1 or iMac 15 or iMac 17 System Definition

Please post your config.plist (you can remove your serial number and rt variables for iMessage).

SSDT GPU (Graphics Card) Injection for HDMI Audio and Nvidia with MacPro6,1

How should I go about getting to the Clover GUI? I've tried from both The HDD and booting into the HDD through the Installer USB. I've tried hitting f4 on the boot menu for clover where it shows all my hard drives and partitions, nothing there. I've tried holding space when booting to the hdd through the installer. I've tried holding space when booting from the hdd itself, I can't get to this mid boot gui you mention...

How should I go about getting to the Clover GUI? I've tried from both The HDD and booting into the HDD through the Installer USB. I've tried hitting f4 on the boot menu for clover where it shows all my hard drives and partitions, nothing there. I've tried holding space when booting to the hdd through the installer. I've tried holding space when booting from the hdd itself, I can't get to this mid boot gui you mention...
The "Clover GUI" is the graphical user interface for clover. It is where you see your chosen theme and choose what drive to boot OS X from and also where the clover option menus are. If you have clover installed to a USB drive, the USB drive will need to be the first device in the bios's boot order. If you have clover installed to a HDD or SSD, that device should be first in the bios's boot order. The bios is like a pre operating system where you set the hardware's settings. The bios also performs a system test before proceeding to try to boot a OS from the available drives. Clover's GUI is almost like another pre operating system. You set options and choose a drive/OS to boot using clover's functions. Once you press the power button the bios does a POST. If everything tests ok, the bios tries to boot a OS from the first device in the boot order. If that device has clover, you will then have all of clovers options.

The "Clover GUI" is the graphical user interface for clover...
Okay, so I've tried time and time again to hit f4 on that clover boot menu, and I don't get anything as a result... There's no /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/etc. path, it just sticks to /Volumes/EFI/EFI/Apple/etc.

I did notice there was this pathway on my usb partition if I mount that disk using your "Mount any EFI" application. I've tried the process this way but nothing happened.

I noticed midway that my system definitions changed from MacPro6,1 to iMac14,1. Since then I've decided iMac15,1 would be more what I wanted since it's more up to date and I believe my system is configured for it. Will this process still work the same way?

Okay, so I've tried time and time again to hit f4 on that clover boot menu, and I don't get anything as a result... There's no /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/etc. path, it just sticks to /Volumes/EFI/EFI/Apple/etc.

I did notice there was this pathway on my usb partition if I mount that disk using your "Mount any EFI" application. I've tried the process this way but nothing happened.

I noticed midway that my system definitions changed from MacPro6,1 to iMac14,1. Since then I've decided iMac15,1 would be more what I wanted since it's more up to date and I believe my system is configured for it. Will this process still work the same way?
That is correct. You won't see anything happen when you hit f4 at the Clover GUI.

I don't know where you installed Clover, but you should know. If you installed it on a USB drive, then look there. Once you have the EFI partition mounted for whatever drive you installed it on, choose the go option in the finder and paste the path you want to go to:

/Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/origin

That is correct. You won't see anything happen when you hit f4 at the Clover GUI.

I don't know where you installed Clover, but you should know. If you installed it on a USB drive, then look there. Once you have the EFI partition mounted for whatever drive you installed it on, choose the go option in the finder and paste the path you want to go to:

/Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/origin

Alright so I've done this guide to a tee. I've changed my SSDT file to accommodate my device number (Which in the case happens to be PEG1). Absolutely nothing changes. I can boot up from the drive using integrated graphics(while my monitor is plugged into my Discreet GPU?) But I get a far different look than I should. I've also tried changing the Device path using PEGP because my IORegistry looks a little weird, but that didn't prove any good either. This picture is taken after inserting the SSDT file into the /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder.

Screen Shot 2016-02-01 at 3.19.51 PM.png

Notice how at the root it says iMac14,2. My SMBIOS says 15,1 as such
.Screen Shot 2016-02-01 at 3.23.07 PM.png

I'm not sure if there is something I'm doing wrong, maybe there's something that should be intuitive but I'm just missing it...

This is IORegistry when I've booted from the hard drive(without clover) using OS X graphics drivers. There's no way for me to boot using the hard drive with NVIDIA drivers, the screen just goes black(and monitors go dead).
Screen Shot 2016-02-01 at 3.39.09 PM.png

@delias96,
From what I can tell in your screen shot, your GPU is located at PCI0.PEG1.PEGP. There should also be a _SB or \_SB at the beginning when you find it in the ACPI tables. It would be helpful to know what hardware you have so you should update your profile to show what motherboard, CPU and GPU you have.

Clover does not care what any smbios.plist says. Clover sets your smbios data to whatever you specify in the config.plist. That smbios.plist might say 15 because that is what clover was set to when you installed OS X but either way, it doesn't matter.

If you have a Nvidia GPU that is not supported by OS X's built in graphics drivers, you will need to have the Nvidia Web Driver installed and active.

If you have a Hackintosh, you will never be able to boot without a bootloader (clover, chameleon, chimera or whatever you installed that works) so you are booted from clover (if that is the bootloader that you installed) or OS X isn't booted at all.

Hi Shilohh

Hope you are doing well. I am so sorry to troubling you but I am experiencing the BLACK SCREEN AFTER APPLE LOGO problem, and I am really sure the hardware is running well only without sending out signals. The only way I found to solve this problem is to power off the monitor and power on again. But this seems to be so stupid, I am just wondering if you can give me some tips to solve this problem, I will be so appreciate!:p

I will list my hardware first:
CPU: i5 4590
MoBo: MSI H97 GAMING 3
Graphics: ASUS GTX 970
Monitor(if could help): DELL U3415W 3440X1440

One thing I am feeling wired is, when I was using my old 1080P monitor, I was using HDMI and 10.11, at that time everything runs perfectly, I don't have any black screen as well, after apple logo when booting I will see a loading bar in the lower left corner, but when I switch to my current monitor and use DisplayPort this problem occurs.
I am using DisplayPort without converters to connect my monitor with my CustoMac.

System Definition: Mac Pro3,1 OS X 10.11.3

I have been solving this issue for 3 days, 3 whole days. This is what I have tried(remembered):

1. I changed AppleGraphicsControl.Kext with a new one, I changed the text from Config1 to none, I tried the Application from you in your another post, I reset all authority and caches, they all don't help.

2. I reinstalled OS X, changed from MacPro6,1 to iMac 14,1 14,2 Mac mini and MacPro 3,1, all didn't work.

3. I tried this post, after the location showed GFX0@0, still does not work.

I have seen your another post explaining black screen issues, I am pretty sure I am experiencing most of the same issue as PrimusFighter experienced in #14. Did he solve his problems?

I am not sure if I did anything wrong, I will post my /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/ORIGIN and my config.plist, if you can have a time and patience to look at it, I will be sooooo appreciate! But if you're busy, it is totally ok, don't take any pressure. Thanks!

I will be online as I am trying to solve this issue, if you need any further info, please reply me, new to tonymacx86, hope I can find your reply ASAP, hahaha. Thanks for all your guide and explanations again.

EDIT:
Screen Shot 2016-02-06 at 10.22.07 AM.png

I remove all the work I did and I am trying to re do the guide again.

I am very confusing about the address, can you see any problem?

Is my address _SB.PCIO.\SB.PCI0.PEG0.PEGP
or just _SB.PCI0.PEG0.PEGP or \SB.PCI0.PEG0.PEGP?

Thanks, soo appreciate!:headbang:

Attachments

• config.plist
    5 KB · Views: 335
  • origin.zip
    38.6 KB · Views: 137
@ChocolateMale,
I'll take a look but I need a .ioreg file from your system.

EDIT: If I'm not mistaken, your address is
Code:
[COLOR=#000000]\_SB.PCI0.PEG0.PEGP[/COLOR]

Hi Shilohh

Sorry for the late reply, was busy updating my personal files, haha!

What .ioreg file do you need? I am happy to provide it!

Thanks!

Will try this address now

EDIT:
Yep, thanks for the correct address, the it is correcting showing GFX@0, which is great!:thumbup:

But after updating GFX1@0, I still got the black screen after apple logo. What could be the problem? :roll2:

EDIT: Please see the file.

Trying Mac Pro 6,1 now:headbang: Thanks so much.

Do I use MultiBeast or Clove Configurator to edit System Definition? or both ok?

Attachments

• ChocolateMale.zip
    4.4 MB · Views: 159
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back