Contribute
Register

SSDT GPU (Graphics Card) Injection

Status
Not open for further replies.
@ChocolateMale:
From IORegistryExplorer choose File > Save AS. Name it to your User name and zip it then edit your last post and attach it.

Try MacPro6,1 or iMac14,2. If you do iMac14,2 and still have black screen, try changing "GFX1" to "GFX0" and report back.

Hi Shilohh

I am new here so just wondering if you are not able to see the post I edited. The problem is still with iMac14,2 and GFX0@0. Do you have any idea with this?

BTW, do you suggest MultiBeast or Clover Configurator to change the system definition?

Screen Shot 2016-02-06 at 11.12.29 AM.png

Hi Shilohh

I am new here so just wondering if you are not able to see the post I edited. The problem is still with iMac14,2 and GFX0@0. Do you have any idea with this?

BTW, do you suggest MultiBeast or Clover Configurator to change the system definition?

Yes I'm just multitasking right now.

What about GFX1 with iMac14,2 and GFX1 with MacPro6,1 on your system?

I haven't played with multibeast since they started supporting Clover. Clover Configurator has gotten a lot better but I never really loved using it. I personally edit the config.plist in TextEdit but that can be a lot more confusing if you don't understand the XML structure.

Yep, please take your time.

The GFX1 with iMac14,2 showed a black screen as before.
The GFX1 with MacPro 6,1 showed a black screen as well. But I am sure whatever system definition I changed to or before I adjust GFX1@0, the system seems never changed, it ways response a black screen after apple logo with all functions working properly.

Used Clover Configurator to edit the system definition, do I clean cache or something after change GFX1 or system definition?

What would be the reason for OS X not sending signals out to the monitor? It's so weird.:O

The GFX1 with iMac14,2 showed a black screen as before.
The GFX1 with MacPro 6,1 showed a black screen as well. But I am sure whatever system definition I changed to or before I adjust GFX1@0, the system seems never changed, it ways response a black screen after apple logo with all functions working properly.

What would be the reason for OS X not sending signals out to the monitor? It's so weird.:O
I suspect something screwy with your 970's (Non-Reference design of 4 ports) VBIOS or firmware is conflicting with the ports in the injection. I see in your IOReg that your screen is "Display@0" loaded at port "NVDA,Display-D@3". It does not contain "connector-type data <00 08 00 00>" as it should and neither do any of your other ports. Instead it has "adapter-type data <"Dp1.2">". This is not what we have fed it. You should try applying the AMD patch list (it has no ports to conflict with) AMD HDMI ONLY SSDT PATCH.txt to your current SSDT (it will remove all the current ports) /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/SSDT-1 and reboot. Save and post a new IOReg and your results.

Yep, Here it is! The black screen problem still exists.

You mean this problem is probably because of the ASUS STRIX GTX970?

Attachments

• IORegistry_ChocolateMale_Updated.zip
    4.4 MB · Views: 134
You mean this problem is probably because of the ASUS STRIX GTX970?
Yes. Just a guess but your Asus STRIX 970 might have custom firmware because it has a non-refence design. It seems like the card's firmware is supplying ACPI data that is either conflicting with the Nvidia Web Drivers (they inject ACPI data, including ports which don't match the card's ports, into the tables as well), or our injection, or both. Please remove SSDT-1.aml from EFI/CLOVER/patched and reboot with nv_disable=1. Then save a new IOReg for me.

Yes. Just a guess but your Asus STRIX 970 might have custom firmware because it has a non-refence design. It seems like the card's firmware is supplying ACPI data that is either conflicting with the Nvidia Web Drivers (they inject ACPI data, including ports which don't match the card's ports, into the tables as well), or our injection, or both. Please remove SSDT-1.aml from EFI/CLOVER/patched and reboot with nv_disable=1. Then save a new IOReg for me.

Looks like my new AU$530 card is running into a compatibility problem. Haha. Should I choose a EVGA next time? Or reference?

Thanks so much for the help. Please see the attached files.

Attachments

• nv_disable=1 IORegistry.zip
    4.3 MB · Views: 141
Looks like my new AU$530 card is running into a compatibility problem. Haha. Should I choose a EVGA next time? Or reference?
I do prefer EVGA but anything that conforms to the reference spec should work. I've see a few people have issues with Gigabyte and Asus cards when they break the reference spec to do something custom or use a custom VBIOS ROM.
Thanks so much for the help. Please see the attached files.
Yeah it looks like the display port isn't behaving correctly. We can try 1 more thing but I don't like recommending this because this will only allow the apple loading progress screen to appear on 1 specified port at boot time.

Move your SSDT-1.aml back to EFI/CLOVER/acpi/patched and apply the "Nvidia Maxwell HDMI SSDT patch.txt" patch list to it again to bring back all the ports. Locate the return package value for GFX1's DSM method and delete the value:
BEFORE:
Code:
    Device (....GFX1)
    {
        Name (_ADR, Zero)
        Name (_SUN, One)
        Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
        {
            If (LEqual (Arg2, Zero))
            {
                Return (Buffer (One)
                {
                    0x03
                })
            }
            Return (Package ([COLOR=#ff0000]0x0E[/COLOR])
AFTER:
Code:
            Return (Package ()

Then paste this in:
Code:
"@3,AAPL,boot-display", Buffer (One) { 0x01 },
right after the entry for "@3,connector-type"
BFORE:
Code:
                "@0,connector-type", 
                Buffer (0x04)
                {
                    0x00, 0x08, 0x00, 0x00
                }, 

"@1,connector-type", 
                Buffer (0x04)
                {
                    0x00, 0x08, 0x00, 0x00
                }, 

"@2,connector-type", 
                Buffer (0x04)
                {
                    0x00, 0x08, 0x00, 0x00
                }, 

"@3,connector-type", 
                Buffer (0x04)
                {
                    0x00, 0x08, 0x00, 0x00
                }, 

"@4,connector-type", 
                Buffer (0x04)
                {
                    0x00, 0x08, 0x00, 0x00
                }, 

"@5,connector-type", 
                Buffer (0x04)
                {
                    0x00, 0x08, 0x00, 0x00
                },
AFTER:
Code:
                "@0,connector-type",                 Buffer (0x04)
                {
                    0x00, 0x08, 0x00, 0x00
                }, 

"@1,connector-type", 
                Buffer (0x04)
                {
                    0x00, 0x08, 0x00, 0x00
                }, 

"@2,connector-type", 
                Buffer (0x04)
                {
                    0x00, 0x08, 0x00, 0x00
                }, 

"@3,connector-type", 
                Buffer (0x04)
                {
                    0x00, 0x08, 0x00, 0x00
                }, 
[COLOR=#00ff00]                "@3,AAPL,boot-display", Buffer (One) { 0x01 },[/COLOR]

"@4,connector-type", 
                Buffer (0x04)
                {
                    0x00, 0x08, 0x00, 0x00
                }, 

"@5,connector-type", 
                Buffer (0x04)
                {
                    0x00, 0x08, 0x00, 0x00
                },

Then click compile and save it and reboot.

If you this works for you, and you ever decide that want to use a different port for your boot display, and you want to see the boot progress on that screen, you will need to re-apply the "Nvidia Maxwell HDMI SSDT patch.txt" patchlist to your SSDT to remove (overwrite) the above modification.

Did I do anything wrong when patching these texts? I have double-checked and reboot, seems everything goes same, the black screen problem is the same and still.

UPDATE: I found one problem which I think probably causes nothing change. At the first time in SSDT-1 file after locating Return Package and change the value (0X0E) to () and compile and reboot, the value goes to (0x10), but when I empty them and compile, and reopen the SSDT-1 file, the value goes (0x10) again. But I did compile and save.Screen Shot 2016-02-06 at 2.27.46 PM.png

Tried save as another file and move to /patched, don't work. Do I have to give it a value? How about 0?

Thanks, Shilohh!

Attachments

• SSDT-1.zip
    714 bytes · Views: 159
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back