Contribute
Register

SSDT GPU (Graphics Card) Injection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Black Screen with MacPro 6,1 or iMac 15 or iMac 17 System Definition

Sorry, I dont get it ... I never used the DSDT / SSDT patching ...

So, my Graphics name is PEG0 - right?
What is ment with PEGP?
In MaciASL i have to rename all "PEG0" to GFX1 ? oder rename all PEGP to GFX1?
after that I save it to /EFI/EFI/CLOVER/Acpi/patched ?!
According to your screen shot. I would recommend creating a SSDT based on the guide. Your DSDT will probably have lots of other errors to fix.

According to your screen shot. I would recommend creating a SSDT based on the guide. Your DSDT will probably have lots of other errors to fix.

Yeah, I try .. but at step 2, I can't find a "Device (PEG0)" or "Device (PEGP)" so i dont know the "_SB.PCI0." path ... i blindly tried "_SB.PCI0.PEG0.PEGP.GFX1" and "\_SB.PCI0.PEG0.PEGP.GFX1" but it didn't work

Yeah, I try .. but at step 2, I can't find a "Device (PEG0)" or "Device (PEGP)" so i dont know the "_SB.PCI0." path ... i blindly tried "_SB.PCI0.PEG0.PEGP.GFX1" and "\_SB.PCI0.PEG0.PEGP.GFX1" but it didn't work
At the clover GUI, before boot, pres the F4 key for 1 second. Wait 5 seconds. Boot the system. Mount the EFI partition. Go to EFI/CLOVER/acpi/origin and make sure there are .aml files in it. Copy origin folder to your desktop. Put your ioreg file in /Desktop/origin. Zip /Desktop/origin it and post it here.

At the clover GUI, before boot, pres the F4 key for 1 second. Wait 5 seconds. Boot the system. Mount the EFI partition. Go to EFI/CLOVER/acpi/origin and make sure there are .aml files in it. Copy origin folder to your desktop. Put your ioreg file in /Desktop/origin. Zip /Desktop/origin it and post it here.

Here is it, Thanks you for your time and help!

Attachments

• ACPI-origin.zip
    4.7 MB · Views: 157

Ok, I now tried this fix, but as expected, I got problems ^^
Look at the attachment, there is no match for my GPU location in the DSDT?! Or is it, because I'm still on MacPro 3,1 ? I would like to stay at it, cause "never change a running system", except the graphics.
Sorry,

"Device (PEGP)" or "\_SB.PEG0.PEGP" was located in your SSDT-6.aml in stead of DSDT.aml.

I've updated the SSDT guide to reflect the possible need to search the SSDT tables if it's not in the DSDT.

Sorry,

"Device (PEGP)" or "\_SB.PEG0.PEGP" was located in your SSDT-6.aml in stead of DSDT.aml.

I've updated the SSDT guide to reflect the possible need to search the SSDT tables if it's not in the DSDT.

Ok, I finally tried the SSDT patching, still with problems ...
I found my GFX path in my SSDT-3, "\_SB.PCI0.PEG0.PEGP", I applied the patch in SSDT-4 ... when i click on patch, and paste the code from the txt file, the "apply" button is greyed out!
See my attachments.

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2016-01-21 um 19.42.50.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2016-01-21 um 19.42.50.png
    119.6 KB · Views: 648
  • Bildschirmfoto 2016-01-21 um 19.43.39.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2016-01-21 um 19.43.39.png
    153 KB · Views: 648
  • Bildschirmfoto 2016-01-21 um 19.43.46.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2016-01-21 um 19.43.46.png
    126.6 KB · Views: 649
  • Bildschirmfoto 2016-01-21 um 19.55.18.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2016-01-21 um 19.55.18.png
    136.4 KB · Views: 602

Ok, I finally tried the SSDT patching, still with problems ...
I found my GFX path in my SSDT-3, "\_SB.PCI0.PEG0.PEGP", I applied the patch in SSDT-4 ... when i click on patch, and paste the code from the txt file, the "apply" button is greyed out!
See my attachments.
Yep. Sorry again. Looks like I laid things out in the wrong order. The patches have to be applied before the Device name path is changed. Thank you for your patience and also for helping me correct my errors. I updated the guide again. Again, sorry for the frustrations.

SSDT GPU (Graphics Card) Injection for HDMI Audio and Nvidia with MacPro6,1

My device name is _SB.PCI0.\_SB.PCI0.PEG1 and it doesn't let that compile.... :(

SSDT GPU (Graphics Card) Injection for HDMI Audio and Nvidia with MacPro6,1

My device name is _SB.PCI0.\_SB.PCI0.PEG1 and it doesn't let that compile.... :(
I think you might be wrong there. It's probably either _SB.PCI0.PEG1 or \_SB.PCI0.PEG1. So you would change the SSDT to say "Device (_SB.PCI0.PEG1.GFX1)" or "Device (\_SB.PCI0.PEG1.GFX1)".

Yep. Sorry again. Looks like I laid things out in the wrong order. The patches have to be applied before the Device name path is changed. Thank you for your patience and also for helping me correct my errors. I updated the guide again. Again, sorry for the frustrations.

No worry, I have to thank you for your help and guide!
I will try the patch later after work, and let you know, if this solved my issue :) ... if not, I will go back to Yosemite, where I had no problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back