MSI GTX 760 TF OC
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello,
I had 10.9 and W8.0 in two different SSDs. The first one to boot contained 10.9, with Chimera 3.0 I could choose to continue on the same SSD (10.9) or to boot Windows 8.0 in the other SSD.

I tried to update W80 to W81 but I was getting a recurrent error, and I learned it was caused by additional disks connected. So I disconnected the 10.9 SSD and I launched the W81 update.

It worked well, but when I reconnected the first SSD, I noticed that I get directly Win 8.1 without Chimera 3.0, even if the BIOS is set to start with the 10.9 SSD and even when I manually select the first SSD with F12.

However, when I disconnect the second SSD with W8.1, I get Chimera and 10.9 normally.

What should I do to solve the issue? if I launch Chimera, it won't see W81 because I can get 10.9 only by disconnecting the second SSD.

Thanks

Hello,
I had 10.9 and W8.0 in two different SSDs. The first one to boot contained 10.9, with Chimera 3.0 I could choose to continue on the same SSD (10.9) or to boot Windows 8.0 in the other SSD.

I tried to update W80 to W81 but I was getting a recurrent error, and I learned it was caused by additional disks connected. So I disconnected the 10.9 SSD and I launched the W81 update.

It worked well, but when I reconnected the first SSD, I noticed that I get directly Win 8.1 without Chimera 3.0, even if the BIOS is set to start with the 10.9 SSD and even when I manually select the first SSD with F12.

However, when I disconnect the second SSD with W8.1, I get Chimera and 10.9 normally.

What should I do to solve the issue? if I launch Chimera, it won't see W81 because I can get 10.9 only by disconnecting the second SSD.

Thanks

turn off secure boot in BIOS, make sure OS X drive is first in HDD boot order

Secure boot was already off, but it solved itself after I reconnected the second SSD, after booting with the first one only.
In the meanwhile I had also reinstalled Chimera just to be sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back