Contribute
Register

Sonoma has DSC working, help with Bluetooth requested on BCM94360NG, Controller Address Null

Motherboard
ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-F
CPU
Ryzen 7600X
Graphics
XFX 6900 XT
Hi,
FYI to all considering not upgrading to Sonoma on a Desktop, DSC works well! For me that is a game changer worth the hassle of Bluetooth/Wifi.

After a long period of waiting 144Hz up to 4k with xt6900 spoofed!
Screenshot 2023-09-30 at 1.50.37 PM.png

I have been able to activate fully working wifi based on
with such linked Kexts and using the nightly build 0.69 Opencore Legacy Patcher.
Resulting in working wifi on BCM94360NG
quote from link/
  • System Integrity Protection is set to 0x803
    • csr-active-config | data | 03080000
      • Reset NVRAM or add csr-active-config to Delete to ensure the new variable is set
  • AMFI is disabled
    • boot-args | string | amfi=0x80
  • Secure Boot Model is set to Disabled
  • Following kexts are blocked:
    • com.apple.iokit.IOSkywalkFamily (Reference)
    • Set MinKernel to 23.0.0 to ensure patches only apply on Sonoma
  • Following kexts are injected:
Once these are injected, you can run OpenCore-Patcher's Post-Install option and root patch. On reboot, Wireless support should be restored assuming your machine was configured correctly to the above.
/end quote

Per other members experiences:
I have tried with AMFIPass.kext and incl boot-args -amfipassbeta

or without AMFIPass.kext and but instead boot-args including amfi=0x80

But it always shows Bluetooth Controller address Null, despite Bluetooth controller and subsequent Composite Device are successfully being detected under System Report / USB?

Any advice much appreciated?

Previously BCM94360NG worked flawlessly, allowing music streaming to HomePods and Airdrop, on Ventura, Monterey, Big sur...

Screenshot 2023-09-30 at 1.14.05 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-09-30 at 1.13.58 PM.png

Last edited:
Hi again,
I tried adding a USB Bluetooth from Asus, model

Asus USB-BT400, which uses Broadcom chip​

and it shows up under System Report / USB as detected, but still
say

Bluetooth Controller:​

Address: Null​

under System Report / Bluetooth, per first post above, screenshot image.

Screenshot 2023-10-01 at 4.03.15 AM.png

Hi again,
I tried adding a USB Bluetooth from Asus, model

Asus USB-BT400, which uses Broadcom chip​

and it shows up under System Report / USB as detected, but still
say

under System Report / Bluetooth, per first post above, screenshot image.

View attachment 572342

Hi there.

We can't see what other kexts you have injected by the bootloader, but usually this problem is cured by using - BlueToolFixup.kext.

However, having said that, you've stated Monterey and Ventura worked perfectly with Bluetooth previously, so I guess you already have the kext installed?

Thank you for the input UtterDisbelief.

Previously on Ventura none of the BrcmPatchRAM kexts where required.

I gave it a shot, adding the BlueToolFixup.kext and doing a Propertree OC Clean Snapshot, then reboot -> No change, still

with no bluetooth connectivity in or out.

Theses are the kext currently used.
Screenshot 2023-10-02 at 2.03.25 AM.png

Edit: corrected by also showing AMFIPass.kext is included.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-10-01 at 11.00.28 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-01 at 11.00.28 AM.png
    152.9 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Hi,
I tried redoing with updated kexts and 1.0 Opencore Legacy Patcher.
still

Have I missed something, se below?

Screenshot 2023-10-03 at 4.03.55 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-10-03 at 4.02.04 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-10-03 at 3.59.40 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-10-03 at 4.00.29 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-10-03 at 4.01.00 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-10-03 at 4.01.21 AM.png

DSC Support is insane I want to test Sonoma as well, but I have main concern about Bluetooth. Currently I am using BCM94360NG card and bluetooth works just out of the box. Is there any way to make it work on Sonoma? If not, is it possible to make BT working with default Intel WiFi 6 module? Also, how about WiFi? I actually need WiFi only for printer, so it's not a big deal if it's not possible or WiFi speed is low.

DSC Support is insane I want to test Sonoma as well, but I have main concern about Bluetooth. Currently I am using BCM94360NG card and bluetooth works just out of the box. Is there any way to make it work on Sonoma? If not, is it possible to make BT working with default Intel WiFi 6 module? Also, how about WiFi? I actually need WiFi only for printer, so it's not a big deal if it's not possible or WiFi speed is low.
As far as I know brcom bluetooth still works in Sonoma its brcom wifi that needs the OCLP

What about Intel's BT/WiFi? Is it possible to make it work with some kexts like it was available in Ventura? Because if it's possible, I don't see point to buy broadcom card on any Sonoma build.

What about Intel's BT/WiFi? Is it possible to make it work with some kexts like it was available in Ventura? Because if it's possible, I don't see point to buy broadcom card on any Sonoma build.
yes with Sonoma AirportItlwm.kext BlueToolFixup.kext IntelBluetoothFirmware.kext or IntelBTPatcher.kext.

Back