i5-2500K
Graphics
HD 3000 (Disabled) + RX470
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have a 750 ti card.
I heard someone said that 7xx series card are native supported under Mac OS.
If this is true, what should I do on the Hackintosh?
I am still using 10.13 with Nvidia Web Driver now.
Thanks for replying.

Only some (the older), but not the 750Ti. There is a small chance Webdrivers for Mojave will come in future,
but it doesn't look good. I had a 750Ti as well and thus switched to a RX570. Faster and works OOTB. It
seems Sapphire cards are working best. I had a KalmX, now I use the Mini. It has a fan, but it barely runs.
So it is as quiet as before.

Also, as I saw you are on Sandy Bridge, I can confirm that the Sandy Bridge / Radeon Combo works. The
CPU doesn't have SSE4.1. The CPU-internal GPU will not work, though.

BR,
Karlson.

Only some (the older), but not the 750Ti. There is a small chance Webdrivers for Mojave will come in future,
but it doesn't look good. I had a 750Ti as well and thus switched to a RX570. Faster and works OOTB. It
seems Sapphire cards are working best. I had a KalmX, now I use the Mini. It has a fan, but it barely runs.
So it is as quiet as before.

Also, as I saw you are on Sandy Bridge, I can confirm that the Sandy Bridge / Radeon Combo works. The
CPU doesn't have SSE4.1. The CPU-internal GPU will not work, though.

BR,
Karlson.
Can you give me some advices about buying AMD GPUs?
I want a cheaper one.

Is that native supported under mojave?
  • Nvidia GT 710 is Natively supported by macOS up to and including MOJAVE.
  • Nvidia GT 710 DOES NOT require Nvidia web driver,
    • nor does it need any config.plist editing [ No need for [√]Inject Nvidia| Fake ID |ig-platform-iD in config.plist]
  • Nvidia GT 710 is supported in Windows 10 and Ubuntu 18.xx

• Nvidia GT 710 is Natively supported by macOS up to and including MOJAVE.
  • Nvidia GT 710 DOES NOT require Nvidia web driver,
    • nor does it need any config.plist editing [ No need for [√]Inject Nvidia| Fake ID |ig-platform-iD in config.plist]
  • Nvidia GT 710 is supported in Windows 10 and Ubuntu 18.xx
So, can you also give me some advices about buying native supported AMD GPUs that as cheap as gt710?

So, can you also give me some advices about buying native supported AMD GPUs that as cheap as gt710?

Only a used R9 270, 270x 280, 280x or HD 7xxx series card. Pitcairn and above for the most part.
The RX 460-560 is probably the most economical new card you can get just don't get XFX brand they have a bad bios.

The lowest cost card is the gt 710 but make sure to get the DDR3 model the DDR5 may need web drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back