Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
asus z87 deluxe dual
CPU
i7 4770k
Graphics
asus nvidia 760 2gb
hi to everyone
I decided to update clover from version 4077 to 4091 this morning and after downloading the latest version from sourceforge.net and installing it successfully i did a reboot. After reboot, clover boot manager doesn't give me any boot options anymore instead it gets stuck and the message ''WELCOME TO CLOVER 4091 ***SCAN ENTRIES***'' appears on screen and stays there forever. So I m stuck without being able to boot my Hackintosh (that has run stable and updated without any major issues for the last 6 months up to now). I can only boot in Win7 (installed on a separate samsung evo ssd)by changing bios settings(and that's how i manage to write this post).
I have already tried to unplug all other drives apart from the samsung pro ssd that clover and sierra 10.12.4 are installed and then reboot but it didn't do the trick. Is there a way I can force clover to recognize my two ssd's and give me the old familiar boot manager menu? OR Can i downgrade to the previous clover version and how can this be done? I am quite new to the hackintosh world so please make your answers as detailed as possible and keep in mind that i cannot boot to an Os x environment neither i have access to another Mac.
Many thanx in advance

hi to everyone
I decided to update clover from version 4077 to 4091 this morning and after downloading the latest version from sourceforge.net and installing it successfully i did a reboot. After reboot, clover boot manager doesn't give me any boot options anymore instead it gets stuck and the message ''WELCOME TO CLOVER 4091 ***SCAN ENTRIES***'' appears on screen and stays there forever. So I m stuck without being able to boot my Hackintosh (that has run stable and updated without any major issues for the last 6 months up to now). I can only boot in Win7 (installed on a separate samsung evo ssd)by changing bios settings(and that's how i manage to write this post).
I have already tried to unplug all other drives apart from the samsung pro ssd that clover and sierra 10.12.4 are installed and then reboot but it didn't do the trick. Is there a way I can force clover to recognize my two ssd's and give me the old familiar boot manager menu? OR Can i downgrade to the previous clover version and how can this be done? I am quite new to the hackintosh world so please make your answers as detailed as possible and keep in mind that i cannot boot to an Os x environment neither i have access to another Mac.
Many thanx in advance

Same problem here. Had to use bios and select another boot manager.
4091 stays stuck looking for entries.

OR Can i downgrade to the previous clover version and how can this be done?
If you have your Sierra USB key installer, boot computer from it, in Clover boot menu choose you Sierra SSD, then downgrade to 4077... Or install 4094.

Last edited:
If you have your Sierra USB key installer, boot computer from it, in Clover boot menu choose you Sierra SSD, then downgrade to 4077... Or install 4094.
Where is this Clover version coming from? It is not distributed officially via sourceforge. Anyway, I have already managed to boot in my Os X system by using a usb with a mounted clover efi version 4091, and all works fine. It seems that the problem is caused by custom entries in the clover GUI, i deleted them and all seems to be fine. But still I cannot understand how do you downgrade to the previous version, do you simply download and install clover 4077 and that overwrites the latest version or is there another route to follow?

But still I cannot understand how do you downgrade to the previous version, do you simply download and install clover 4077 and that overwrites the latest version or is there another route to follow?
Your previous installations are stored in /EFI-Backups on your system drive.
You can delete the /EFI folder and contents on the EFI partition of your hard drive and replace it with the /EFI folder from the backup of your choice.
Or as you suggest installing another version will overwrite whatever is currently present.

You can delete the /EFI folder and contents on the EFI partition of your hard drive and replace it with the /EFI folder from the backup of your choice.
Or as you suggest installing another version will overwrite whatever is currently present.
OK now i see the light. Thank you P1LGRIM that was the answer i was looking for.

Will they fix the problem on next release Or can we assume that our configuration doesn't match with new version of clover ?

Will they fix the problem on next release Or can we assume that our configuration doesn't match with new version of clover ?
Last night I updated Clover to revision 4097 by using Clover Configurator , I copy+pasted my old working config.plist (that included 'custom entries' in the GUI and was taken from an EFI back up of Clover 4077 ) and everything seems to work normal again. So I guess there was smth wrong in revision 4091 that is fixed now.Good luck to all of you having the same problem and let me say that the process of learning can be painful sometimes.

Last edited:

Hello!

I can't boot my Hackingtosh. So I mounted its disk from a linux install.
Well, I just can't find the "EFI-Ba&ckup" folder which should be on the osx root partition.
Any help to revert to 4077 would be much appreciate!

Thks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back