Contribute
Register

[Solved] Updated to 10.12.4 ->black screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Somehow my USB drive got messed up trying to update Clover manually from the ISO so I had to update it on the OSX EFI partition.

Here's what worked:

Mount and assign EFI partition in windows (diskpart)
Downloaded latest Clover ISO from https://sourceforge.net/projects/cloverefiboot/files/Bootable_ISO/
Replace BOOTX64.efi from EFI/BOOT
Replace CLOVERX64.efi from EFI/CLOVER
Reboot and verify Clover has updated (in the about section)
Success.
No config.plist editing necessary.

If you didn't save your USB Installer you need to create a new Clover boot disk with the latest Clover version.

If you did save your USB Installer you can edit the config.plist with the below patch

thank you!
this way help me ,fix my hackintosh update to 10.12.4 ,I can't into mac os 's issue

Hi,
I seem to have the similar issue as most of you here, black screen, but a fully loaded progress bar for me and then nothing. I have been running on Sierra for the past months without issues. However now, I cannot even boot into my system with safe mode. I don't exactly know what happened, but I suspect that I have been clicking "Remind me tomorrow" for the apple update pop up windows, I guess the system just decided to update itself. And now here I am, cannot even get into the login screen. (But this might not even be the case, i am not sure)

I have run a verbose mode to see what was up, but it got stuck at an unfamiliar line, which I have never seen before:
IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0

If something could help me with this I would really appreciate it!
PS I am not a real professional in this field, so I would appreciate a little more detail.

Somehow my USB drive got messed up trying to update Clover manually from the ISO so I had to update it on the OSX EFI partition.

Here's what worked:

Mount and assign EFI partition in windows (diskpart)
Downloaded latest Clover ISO from https://sourceforge.net/projects/cloverefiboot/files/Bootable_ISO/
Replace BOOTX64.efi from EFI/BOOT
Replace CLOVERX64.efi from EFI/CLOVER
Reboot and verify Clover has updated (in the about section)
Success.
No config.plist editing necessary.

this saved my day ... thank you!!!

If you didn't save your USB Installer you need to create a new Clover boot disk with the latest Clover version.

If you did save your USB Installer you can edit the config.plist with the below patch
Code:
    <key>KernelAndKextPatches</key>
    <dict>
        <key>KernelToPatch</key>
        <array>
            <dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>Kext injection allowed</string>
                <key>MatchOS</key>
                <string>10.12.4</string>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>6CUAAADrBeieBQAA</data>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>6CUAAACQkOieBQAA</data>
            </dict>
        </array>

how exactly do this?

Hi,
I seem to have the similar issue as most of you here, black screen, but a fully loaded progress bar for me and then nothing. I have been running on Sierra for the past months without issues. However now, I cannot even boot into my system with safe mode. I don't exactly know what happened, but I suspect that I have been clicking "Remind me tomorrow" for the apple update pop up windows, I guess the system just decided to update itself. And now here I am, cannot even get into the login screen. (But this might not even be the case, i am not sure)

I have run a verbose mode to see what was up, but it got stuck at an unfamiliar line, which I have never seen before:
IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0

If something could help me with this I would really appreciate it!
PS I am not a real professional in this field, so I would appreciate a little more detail.

I have the same problem! Same line no idea what it means. First time upgrading. I did download the latest clover version and the corresponding files for the update. I'm thinking of doing a fresh install and restoring all my files with time machine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back