Contribute
Register

[Solved] Updated to 10.12.4 ->black screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having this same issue. I tried both booting the latest clover from USB, and by booting single-user & patching (very, very carefully) my config.plist with the suggested fix.

I use MacPro5,1 (a gigabyte x58-based i7 950 system) as my system definition, and I have a GTX Ti 660. I'm still having the black-screen after the full progress bar. I observe two issues that may be relevant:

1) The black progress bar takes much, much longer to fill than previously
2) There is video being sent out - this is not a 'no video' situation

Obviously, I've tried booting VESA mode as well - did not work, same issue.

I'll post additional updates if/when they happen.

An addendum: verbose mode shows nothing suspicious. I tried booting iMac14,2 as well (which worked previously, but which did not enable the correct CPU speed modes for my system and resulted in horrible performance). This, too, did not work.

Additionally, I notice that the mouse cursor is *not* present on my system when graphics come up (and verbose text goes away). It does, however, show up when I issue the reboot command (remotely, via ssh).

My card has 2 HDMI outputs and 2 DVI outputs. I have always used one DVI output. I am suspicious that somehow MacOS believes that another output is my default/primary screen. I do not have an HDMI display to test with, but trying the other DVI port did not help.

I need help. I updated this morning and now this. Please check out video.

I need help. I updated this morning and now this. Please check out video.

That is very consistent with the issue I am having, on completely different hardware -- complete with the painfully slow progress bar.

That is very consistent with the issue I am having, on completely different hardware -- complete with the painfully slow progress bar.
What steps did you take in the install?

Ugh. I figured out my issue, and of course, it was my fault.

I installed Clover to a new USB stick to update it. However, I did *not* copy FakeSMC to it. After I did that, my boot times went back to normal *and* I had graphics again.

Problem solved.

Ugh. I figured out my issue, and of course, it was my fault.

I installed Clover to a new USB stick to update it. However, I did *not* copy FakeSMC to it. After I did that, my boot times went back to normal *and* I had graphics again.

Problem solved.

Ok you install the update then install Clover but didn't add a new fakeSMC?

Ok you install the update then install Clover but didn't add a new fakeSMC?
Correct, I installed the update, then I installed clover to a USB stick when I couldn't get in to my desktop, but I had not installed fakesmc to that usb stick.

Correct, I installed the update, then I installed clover to a USB stick when I couldn't get in to my desktop, but I had not installed fakesmc to that usb stick.

I have a UniBeast USB, I will update the Clover and FakeSMC. Ill report back

I have a UniBeast USB, I will update the Clover and FakeSMC. Ill report back
Actually you can fix it by mounting EFI partition on Windows if you have dual boot

Use "Diskpart" command to mount your EFI partition, then use TotalCommander to do further edit since Windows 10 file explorer seems to have permission problem on editing EFI partition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back