Contribute
Register

[Solved] Updated to 10.12.4 ->black screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a fully working 10.12.3.

If I upgrade clover then update to .4 from the App Store do I need to do anything else?

All my kexts are on the EFI drive.

Of course I will make a full backup before I update...

I have a fully working 10.12.3.

If I upgrade clover then update to .4 from the App Store do I need to do anything else?

All my kexts are on the EFI drive.

Of course I will make a full backup before I update...

See macOS 10.12.4 Update

I can't boot from USB to my MacOS. The config.plist to edit is on Mac Efi portition o USB Efi partition? I have acces at windows 10 if that help.

Sorry my English
if you have a working USB boot stick, then it is formatted for FAT32 meaning you can read and write to it from a windows 10 machine. as directed in post #4 above, modify the config.plist in the EFI/Clover folder on the USB stick, then use it to boot your macOS. (you'll need to use a windows text editor to do this. save it as a .txt file--don't use MS Word and don't save it as an .rtf file). if the boot is successful, then you need to make the same modification to the config.plist in the EFI/Clover on the EFI partition on your boot hard drive.

if the boot is successful, then you need to make the same modification to the config.plist in the EFI/Clover on the EFI partition on your boot hard drive.

Better to update Clover to the latest version on your boot drive.

Better to update Clover to the latest version on your boot drive.
he said his mac won't boot and he only has access to a windows 10 machine, hence my advice to mod his USB stick to at least be able to boot his mac. of course after that, updating clover is the right step.

if you have a working USB boot stick, then it is formatted for FAT32 meaning you can read and write to it from a windows 10 machine. as directed in post #4 above, modify the config.plist in the EFI/Clover folder on the USB stick, then use it to boot your macOS. (you'll need to use a windows text editor to do this. save it as a .txt file--don't use MS Word and don't save it as an .rtf file). if the boot is successful, then you need to make the same modification to the config.plist in the EFI/Clover on the EFI partition on your boot hard drive.

I updated to 10.12.4 without updating clover first, not knowing I had to do that first. Previous updates worked for me and I can't remember if I updated clover first or not. Anyhow, I modified the config according to #4 on the hackintosh itself hoping that it will boot up and I can update clover at that time. The problem I am facing is that it looks like it's going to boot up until it reaches the very end of the progress bar and I get a black screen. I tried nv_disable=1, GraphicsEnabler=Yes... I'm not sure what to do next. I would hate to have to do a fresh install again, is there anything else that I can do? I can access the EFI partition from a linux thumb drive, so modifying any files on that system is not going to be difficult.

@hatemjaber, please update your profile (personal details) with your build (Motherboard, CPU and Graphics Card).
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

If you added nv_disable=1 to the Boot arguments try:
At Clover Boot Screen press space bar and select Set Nvidia to VESA (nv_disable=1)

If you use a MacPro 6,1 or iMac 15 or iMac 17 System Definition and used the AGDPfix you need to re-apply it.

@hatemjaber, please update your profile (personal details) with your build (Motherboard, CPU and Graphics Card).

If you added nv_disable=1 to the Boot arguments try:
At Clover Boot Screen press space bar and select Set Nvidia to VESA (nv_disable=1)

If you use a MacPro 6,1 or iMac 15 or iMac 17 System Definition and used the AGDPfix you need to re-apply it.

I added the specs to my profile for my build. I tried that option and I am still not able to get it to display the screen, just the black screen. The load time is much slower than when it was working. It used to be really fast when I started, but now it gets to the end of the progress bar and is very slow.

if the boot is successful, then you need to make the same modification to the config.plist in the EFI/Clover on the EFI partition on your boot hard drive.

I edit config.plist on USB and don't work and then I try booting on single mode and edit with VI de EFI config.plit from the hard drive and again can't boot. Thanks for your help anyway. I proceed to a fresh install and I learned the lesson of update Clover before update macOS ha ha.

I edit config.plist on USB and don't work and then I try booting on single mode and edit with VI de EFI config.plit from the hard drive and again can't boot. Thanks for your help anyway. I proceed to a fresh install and I learned the lesson of update Clover before update macOS ha ha.

I think i'm heading down the same path of a fresh install and have also learned the lesson of Update Clover before macOS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back