Contribute
Register

[Solved] Unstable Ivy Bridge system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Macnb I wonder if I could get your help once again? I am back to using this system as my daily driver as my new Coffe lake system freezes up when I install additional internal hard drives for some reason, so I can't use it. I know you helped me tweak this system before it 'died' I wonder if you could help me with that again?

Hey Macnb I wonder if I could get your help once again? I am back to using this system as my daily driver as my new Coffe lake system freezes up when I install additional internal hard drives for some reason, so I can't use it. I know you helped me tweak this system before it 'died' I wonder if you could help me with that again?
What's wrong with it ?

I am using my Nvidia GTX 960 card, graphics are ok for the most part I just notice it being a bit sluggish when I swipe between desktops, it seems to get a bit worse after I added Nvidiagraphicsfixup to my clover/kexts/other folder. If I sleep the system, upon return from sleep my ethernet doesn't work.

I am using my Nvidia GTX 960 card, graphics are ok for the most part I just notice it being a bit sluggish when I swipe between desktops, it seems to get a bit worse after I added Nvidiagraphicsfixup to my clover/kexts/other folder. If I sleep the system, upon return from sleep my ethernet doesn't work.
No experience with the new nvidia cards except reading lot people having laggy GUI with the their web drivers. Search the forums here.

Re enternet, try the latest Intelmausiethernet kext

I used the AppleIntelE1000 kext so I'm guessing I would just delete that then use kexbeast to install intelmausiethernet to L\E correct?

So what's weird is now, when I put it to sleep, it sleeps for a maybe a minute, I'm not sure if it's actually sleeping because the case is closed so I can't see if the power actually goes off, but the monitors do and then they come back. Any thoughts?

I used the AppleIntelE1000 kext so I'm guessing I would just delete that then use kexbeast to install intelmausiethernet to L\E correct?
Correct. That's one way.

So what's weird is now, when I put it to sleep, it sleeps for a maybe a minute, I'm not sure if it's actually sleeping because the case is closed so I can't see if the power actually goes off, but the monitors do and then they come back. Any thoughts?

When you say the monitor "come back" do see your desktop or just the backlight comes on ?
Seems like the system is waking up again.
Post your IOREG, config.plist, and the two files (l-e-list.txt & s-l-e-list.txt) from these commands:
Code:
ls -1 /Library/Extensions > l-e-list.txt
ls -1 /System/Library/Extensions > s-l-e-list.txt

I copied the commands into terminal but where are the txt files supposed to be generated? I didn't find any in S\L or S\L\E.

Attached are my config.plist and IOreg.

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    1 MB · Views: 54
I copied the commands into terminal but where are the txt files supposed to be generated? I didn't find any in S\L or S\L\E.

Attached are my config.plist and IOreg.
Those two files will be in your your current working directory which by default is your home folder (in Finder click on your User name). In terminal you can find out what your current working directory is using the command pwd.

Your config files is screwed up. It is not based on the one I did previously.
You have no CPU power management, your USB device ID ports are named incorrectly and your graphics device ID is PEGP instead of GFX0.
Try the attached. Copy it to your EFI/Clover folder. Restart into Clover menu, select config and then select the attached config. Hit return a few times to get back to the top menu. Hit space and select Verbose and boot with that option.

Post back the resulting IOREG, Clover boot log and those two list files.

Attachments

• config-MacNB-3-no-dsdt.plist
    9.8 KB · Views: 207
Files attached as requested.

Attachments

• Archive 2.zip
    910 KB · Views: 47
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back