Contribute
Register

[Solved] Unstable Ivy Bridge system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Files attached as requested.
No change. Which means you did not select my config file as evident from the IOREG.
Try again or rename mine to config.plist.

For your motherboard , Lilu.kext + AppleALC.kext is a better choice for onboard audio in which case, remove realtekalc.kext and rebuild kextcache.

Ok I renamed your config file to config.plist, I deleted realtek.kext and ran the kext utility. I rebooted normally, did you still want me to boot versbose? Audio works, files attached.

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    1 MB · Views: 66
Ok I renamed your config file to config.plist, I deleted realtek.kext and ran the kext utility. I rebooted normally, did you still want me to boot versbose? Audio works, files attached.
IOREG looks much better.

Does sleep work ?

BTW, you need to add your second system to your signature so other readers can relate to the context of this thread.

Update my sig, thanks. Sleep is still the same, monitors power down, system powers down for a couple seconds, then comes right back, my main 28' 4K monitors resumes power but the desktop doesn't come up until I move the mouse or touch a key then it and the rest of the monitors resume to the desktop.

I I wanted to switch back to using my AMD RX560, would there have be a much if any in the way of changes? I know I'd have to uninstall the Nvidia web drivers and untick them in my config.plist. I think last time you modified my config.plist for my three monitors though.

Update my sig, thanks. Sleep is still the same, monitors power down, system powers down for a couple seconds, then comes right back, my main 28' 4K monitors resumes power but the desktop doesn't come up until I move the mouse or touch a key then it and the rest of the monitors resume to the desktop.
Try adding NvidiaGraphicsFixup plugin for Lilu. Download from here and put it in the same folder as Lilu.kext.

If that does not work, run this command after waking the system (when you the desktop comes back):
Code:
log show --predicate "processID == 0"  --last 3m --debug |grep -i wake
and post what's displayed.

I I wanted to switch back to using my AMD RX560, would there have be a much if any in the way of changes? I know I'd have to uninstall the Nvidia web drivers and untick them in my config.plist. I think last time you modified my config.plist for my three monitors though.
Not much. Following changes:
1. Uninstall all Nvidia drivers
2. Add whatevergreen.kext to the same folder as Lilu.kext

and rebuild kextcache

To be honest you are better off getting the RX560 working with your Coffee Lake system than your Ivy Bridge.
There are plenty people here who have successfully built one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back