Contribute
Register

[Solved] Unstable Ivy Bridge system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi @macnb ,

I'm using a mixed Z77x-UD3H + 2600k with Asus Strix RX 560 (non-OC version).
My system is working ok with Radeon Deinit, but I cannot insert GPU name as well as FB personality (ATY,AMD,RadeonFramebuffer loaded).

I've just followed your steps here: [Solved] Unstable Ivy Bridge system but it doesn't change anything. I can boot with Radeon Deinit and ATY,AMD,RadeonFramebuffer loaded.
Intel QuickSync is not working either...

I include the ioreg when booted with the attached Clover.

Could you help me plz?

Thank you! :D
You have a Sandy Bridge system not Ivy Bridge and your issues are to do with your graphics settings. Pls start a new a thread under Post Installation -> Graphics and provide a link here. Best not to confuse/hijack @ashman70's thread.

That's strange.
Also, if had reverted back to realtek.kext after installing the AppleHDA.kext that I posted, then that AppleHDA.kext gets modified defeating the object of installing it.

Check by doing the following:
Code:
sudo kextcache -i / > kexts.txt
and post the kexts.txt output.
If it lists AppleHDA.kext then it has been modified.
If so, remove realtek.kext and reinstall AppleHDA as before. then, try setting AddHDMI_8000000=NO in config.plist (temporarily) and reboot.

Here it the output.

Attachments

• kext output.rtf.zip
    1.5 KB · Views: 53
Here it the output.
OK so AppleHDA.kext is native.

Did you set AddHDMI_8000000 = NO in the config.plist ?

If yes, and sound still does not work then try installing lilu.kext & AppleALC.kext into /L/E (and remove them from EFI/Clover/Kexts/Other)

Where am I adding HDMI_8000000 = NO in config.plist?

Thanks. Something happened with this system today, not sure what exactly but I think the motherboard died. I came back to my office and the system was off and it would not power back up. I tested the power supply, it's ok, but the board is dead.:banghead:

In a panic I decided to build a new system as I need a working computer. I bought the board from this build https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/high-sierra-on-z370-hd3-i5-6800k-gtx-1060-build-success.236400/
and an i5-8400, I pulled the GPU and the WiFi card from the old system. I am typing this post from the new system.

I'd appreciate your help with this new build, but I understand it's different hardware now. You've be so helpful and I really really appreciate it, it's shame the board died, I can't believe it after all the work you put in, it's very disappointing.:oops:

Thanks so much for everything you did.

Thanks. Something happened with this system today, not sure what exactly but I think the motherboard died. I came back to my office and the system was off and it would not power back up. I tested the power supply, it's ok, but the board is dead.:banghead:

In a panic I decided to build a new system as I need a working computer. I bought the board from this build https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/high-sierra-on-z370-hd3-i5-6800k-gtx-1060-build-success.236400/
and an i5-8400, I pulled the GPU and the WiFi card from the old system. I am typing this post from the new system.

I'd appreciate your help with this new build, but I understand it's different hardware now. You've be so helpful and I really really appreciate it, it's shame the board died, I can't believe it after all the work you put in, it's very disappointing.:oops:

Thanks so much for everything you did.
Oh no :cry:
That's a real shame. Hopefully, you learned a few learnt a few things for future.
Nice new system specs. Good luck.:clap:

I was actually able to revive this system, not sure how, but it's back up and running now.

I was actually able to revive this system, not sure how, but it's back up and running now.
Great. Sometimes just switching off and removing power cable for a while resets certain h/w on the motherboard (e.g. self-healing fuses on certain peripheral ports).

It's so funny, having these two systems up and running now, I can swap the Nvidia card out of the Ivy Bridge system, uninstall the Nvidia drivers, throw in the AMD card, it's fine, no freezing nothing, then do the reverse and it's fine also. My new Coffee Lake system is useless with the Nvidia card, and freezes with the AMD card, go figure!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back