Contribute
Register

[Solved] Unstable Ivy Bridge system

Status
Not open for further replies.
I followed your instructios for audio, deleted Realtex.kext and added Lilu and AppleALC to EFI/Clover/kexts/other
I removed patches 4,5 and 6 from my config.plist.
Uploading some files for you.

no audio.jpeg

Attachments

• config.plist.zip
    2.9 KB · Views: 71
  • Feb 26 5.27pm.ioreg.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 66
I just reverted to the kext before I removed the patches and audio is working again.

I followed your instructios for audio, deleted Realtex.kext and added Lilu and AppleALC to EFI/Clover/kexts/other
I removed patches 4,5 and 6 from my config.plist.
Uploading some files for you.

View attachment 316119
Onboard audio not working.
Remove codeccommander kext.
rebuild kext cache using the terminal command described in my last post.

BTW, in the kext patch section of config.plist, it's good practice to set Disabled=YES for the specific patch you wish disable instead of deleting the patch from the file...you never know if you need it again.

Unfortunately it didn't work, perhaps I should of collected the output of the command that rebuilds the kext cache.

Unfortunately it didn't work, perhaps I should of collected the output of the command that rebuilds the kext cache.
Run like this:
Code:
sudo touch /Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u / > cache-upd.txt
and report the output again

iMac-2:~ xxxxx$ sudo touch /Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u / > cache-upd.txt

Password:

Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7ffc1b24dd20 [0x7fff975d8980]> { URL = "FakeSMC.kext/ -- file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "org.netkas.driver.FakeSMC" }

Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7ffc1b24b800 [0x7fff975d8980]> { URL = "FakeSMC_CPUSensors.kext/ -- file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "org.hwsensors.driver.CPUSensors" }

Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7ffc1b23eca0 [0x7fff975d8980]> { URL = "FakeSMC_GPUSensors.kext/ -- file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "org.hwsensors.driver.GPUSensors" }

Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7ffc1b23d240 [0x7fff975d8980]> { URL = "FakePCIID.kext/ -- file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "org.rehabman.driver.FakePCIID" }

Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7ffc17f451d0 [0x7fff975d8980]> { URL = "AHCI_3rdParty_eSATA.kext/ -- file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "com.tonymacx86.AHCI_3rdParty_eSATA" }

Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7ffc17f3d910 [0x7fff975d8980]> { URL = "FakeSMC_ACPISensors.kext/ -- file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "org.hwsensors.driver.ACPISensors" }

Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7ffc1b1f0b90 [0x7fff975d8980]> { URL = "USBInjectAll.kext/ -- file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "com.rehabman.driver.USBInjectAll" }

Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7ffc1b1ef750 [0x7fff975d8980]> { URL = "AppleIntelE1000e.kext/ -- file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "com.insanelymac.driver.AppleIntelE1000e" }

Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7ffc1b1c45f0 [0x7fff975d8980]> { URL = "FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext/ -- file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "org.rehabman.driver.FakePCIID.XHCIMux" }

Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7ffc1b1917a0 [0x7fff975d8980]> { URL = "FakeSMC_LPCSensors.kext/ -- file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "org.hwsensors.driver.LPCSensors" }

Kext with invalid signatured (-67054) allowed: <OSKext 0x7ffc1a52df60 [0x7fff975d8980]> { URL = "AppleHDA.kext/ -- file:///System/Library/Extensions/", ID = "com.apple.driver.AppleHDA" }

iMac-2:~ xxxxx$

iMac-2:~ xxxxx$ sudo touch /Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u / > cache-upd.txt

Password:

Kext with invalid signatured (-67054) allowed: <OSKext 0x7ffc1a52df60 [0x7fff975d8980]> { URL = "AppleHDA.kext/ -- file:///System/Library/Extensions/", ID = "com.apple.driver.AppleHDA" }
That means the AppleHDA.kext has been modified and no longer native/original (most likely by the old Realtek.kext).
You need the original untouched kext (ideally by re-installing).

However, the attached is the one from current latest OS I am running (same version as yours).
It needs to be "installed" in /S/L/E using kextutility app or manually using the following commands (one by one):
Code:
sudo cp -R ~/Downloads/AppleHDA.kext" /System/Library/Extensions
sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext
sudo chown -R 0:0 /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions
sudo kextcache -u /

(assuming you unzipped the attached file to your ~/Downloads folder. If not change as appropriate ).
The output of last command should get a listing of kext with invalid signatures but WITHOUT AppleHDA.kext in the list.
If so reboot.

Attachments

• AppleHDA.kext.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 73
Hi @macnb ,

I'm using a mixed Z77x-UD3H + 2600k with Asus Strix RX 560 (non-OC version).
My system is working ok with Radeon Deinit, but I cannot insert GPU name as well as FB personality (ATY,AMD,RadeonFramebuffer loaded).

I've just followed your steps here: [Solved] Unstable Ivy Bridge system but it doesn't change anything. I can boot with Radeon Deinit and ATY,AMD,RadeonFramebuffer loaded.
Intel QuickSync is not working either...

I include the ioreg when booted with the attached Clover.

Could you help me plz?

Thank you! :D

Attachments

• iMac.ioreg
    10.3 MB · Views: 101
  • CLOVER.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 58
Last edited:
That didn't work, no sound. I re enabled the patches in my config.plist and still no sound.
no audio 2.jpeg

That didn't work, no sound. I re enabled the patches in my config.plist and still no sound.View attachment 316148
That's strange.
Also, if had reverted back to realtek.kext after installing the AppleHDA.kext that I posted, then that AppleHDA.kext gets modified defeating the object of installing it.

Check by doing the following:
Code:
sudo kextcache -i / > kexts.txt
and post the kexts.txt output.
If it lists AppleHDA.kext then it has been modified.
If so, remove realtek.kext and reinstall AppleHDA as before. then, try setting AddHDMI_8000000=NO in config.plist (temporarily) and reboot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back