Contribute
Register

[solved] Unable to boot installer -- OsxAptioFixDrv Error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rehabman:

I was able to repair my OS X El Capitan partition using MacDrive, a very neat application for Windows that allows you to see your Mac partition on a Windows machine, by doing this I was able to remove the wireless utility and kext that I last installed, also the program allows you to repair the disk so I did, restarted, entered the recovery partition and repaired the disk using disk utility and finally was able to properly boot El Capitan, I recommend this app for those who dual boot like me, is a very helpful app.

http://www.mediafour.com/software/macdrive/

Rehabman:

I was able to repair my OS X El Capitan partition using MacDrive, a very neat application for Windows that allows you to see your Mac partition on a Windows machine, by doing this I was able to remove the wireless utility and kext that I last installed, also the program allows you to repair the disk so I did, restarted, entered the recovery partition and repaired the disk using disk utility and finally was able to properly boot El Capitan, I recommend this app for those who dual boot like me, is a very helpful app.

http://www.mediafour.com/software/macdrive/

May I know which file have you deleted? I am having the same error now, also installed Mediatek Wifi Driver. I deleted Wireless Utility prefpane and RtWlan.kext from /S/L/E. Could not find other kext to delete. Still having same error now...

May I know which file have you deleted? I am having the same error now, also installed Mediatek Wifi Driver. I deleted Wireless Utility prefpane and RtWlan.kext from /S/L/E. Could not find other kext to delete. Still having same error now...

I suggest you use the search function, that's who I located other stuff related to the Mediatek kext, I believe there was some sort of plist too. I also deleted something called DirectHW I think if correct, every time I booted OS X it said it was incompatible with the new OS version, I cannot tell you the location cause I dont remember but using Macdrive you should find it.

I suggest you use the repair function in Macdrive and then use the recovery utility in OSX and repair the drive with disk utility, it repaired something related to boot, that's how I got it running again, once inside as a precaution I updated the Aptio file to the new version (3277) found in Clover and also (although disabled in config.plist) I manually disabled SIP from recovery partition using terminal, the reason behind this is because although the config.plist has it, it didn't seemed to work, first time I tried to install the Mediatek kext it didn't load, after the restart I could not boot again until it was removed. Disabling SIP from terminal in recovery allowed me once again installing the Mediatek kext and now I got Wifi working again.

To disable SIP from terminal in Recovery use the following command:

csrutil disable

If entered correctly you should see confirmation that SIP has been disabled.

I suggest you use the search function, that's who I located other stuff related to the Mediatek kext, I believe there was some sort of plist too. I also deleted something called DirectHW I think if correct, every time I booted OS X it said it was incompatible with the new OS version, I cannot tell you the location cause I dont remember but using Macdrive you should find it.

I suggest you use the repair function in Macdrive and then use the recovery utility in OSX and repair the drive with disk utility, it repaired something related to boot, that's how I got it running again, once inside as a precaution I updated the Aptio file to the new version (3277) found in Clover and also (although disabled in config.plist) I manually disabled SIP from recovery partition using terminal, the reason behind this is because although the config.plist has it, it didn't seemed to work, first time I tried to install the Mediatek kext it didn't load, after the restart I could not boot again until it was removed. Disabling SIP from terminal in recovery allowed me once again installing the Mediatek kext and now I got Wifi working again.

To disable SIP from terminal in Recovery use the following command:

csrutil disable

If entered correctly you should see confirmation that SIP has been disabled.

Alright, finally got Wifi to work properly! Thanks!
Could not find DirectHW in my system, may not be related to the Wifi driver.
I extracted the pkg file to view the contents inside so I could search the file name and delete them.

Although I ran the installer again when my system is back running and it followed the steps, my system is still unable to boot, until I realise that only RT2870USBWirelessDriver.kext was not installed in /S/L/E. I have to manually copy the file into it from Windows. Then I went to check and repair for errors using Macdrive and Recovery.

However, I have a little problem here, when I plugged in my USB 3.0 Hub, my Wifi connection keeps dropping, slow pings and connection speed. My USB wifi is not connected to the USB Hub (direct to the laptop). If I remove my USB Hub, I could easily reach my maximum internet speed. Not sure if thats a bug.

Alright, finally got Wifi to work properly! Thanks!
Could not find DirectHW in my system, may not be related to the Wifi driver.
I extracted the pkg file to view the contents inside so I could search the file name and delete them.

Although I ran the installer again when my system is back running and it followed the steps, my system is still unable to boot, until I realise that only RT2870USBWirelessDriver.kext was not installed in /S/L/E. I have to manually copy the file into it from Windows. Then I went to check and repair for errors using Macdrive and Recovery.

However, I have a little problem here, when I plugged in my USB 3.0 Hub, my Wifi connection keeps dropping, slow pings and connection speed. My USB wifi is not connected to the USB Hub (direct to the laptop). If I remove my USB Hub, I could easily reach my maximum internet speed. Not sure if thats a bug.

Great, glad I could help, MacDrive is truly an amazing app for those with dual boot setups, totally necessary for cases like this, for me it was a lifesaver, I didn't had to do a fresh install thanks to it.

You own an Asus laptop just as I, I suggest you to look your Bios settings, my Asus has an Usb setting for 3.0 USB, enabling it allows me to use my antenna on the 3.0 USB ports which are more convenient do to their location, make sure you have this same setting and enable it, I'm not at home right now so I cannot tell you the exact setting name but you should find it, mine was disabled and could not use the antenna on the 3.0 USB ports until I enabled it.

Great, glad I could help, MacDrive is truly an amazing app for those with dual boot setups, totally necessary for cases like this, for me it was a lifesaver, I didn't had to do a fresh install thanks to it.

You own an Asus laptop just as I, I suggest you to look your Bios settings, my Asus has an Usb setting for 3.0 USB, enabling it allows me to use my antenna on the 3.0 USB ports which are more convenient do to their location, make sure you have this same setting and enable it, I'm not at home right now so I cannot tell you the exact setting name but you should find it, mine was disabled and could not use the antenna on the 3.0 USB ports until I enabled it.

You mean XHCI mode? I set it to Smart Auto / Enabled, I forgot. I could use all USB 3.0 ports on my laptop. A little confused with the USB problem in El Capitan, so far everything works for me, so I could not tell what is not working. System Information shows me having USB 3.0 bus.

I have the same problem with OsxAptioFixDrv error:

1.jpg

2.jpg

View attachment EFI.zip

One of this pictures boot without caches.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    23.8 MB · Views: 210
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back