Contribute
Register

[Solved] Trouble installing High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
@cmn699

I'm home and making the necessary changes now. I have corrected the kext folder, installed the intelgraphicsfixup one, and copied the ethernet one over. When I am in clover some of the areas you suggested are greyed out and I cannot make changes(see below)?

Gui - How do I make these items clickable and add the boot.efi to hide volume?
SMBIOS - Why the 14,2 instead of 18,3?
Devices - is that 0x13128086

Just booted after making the changed. Attached new CLOVER EFI. Definitely boots faster, but now the display is messed up and it flickers at when I enter my password. Under display settings I only have default or 1280 x 1024

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    20.8 MB · Views: 69
@cmn699

I'm home and making the necessary changes now. I have corrected the kext folder, installed the intelgraphicsfixup one, and copied the ethernet one over. When I am in clover some of the areas you suggested are greyed out and I cannot make changes(see below)?

Gui - How do I make these items clickable and add the boot.efi to hide volume?
SMBIOS - Why the 14,2 instead of 18,3?
Devices - is that 0x13128086

My mistake. Apology.
SMBIOS : iMac 18, 3 is better for your intel Z270 Chipset board with i7 7700K Processor.( I was mislead by Asus brand name "Asus Maximus" in your profile and thought it was not a 200 series board). Please change that SMBIOS Model name to iMac18,3.
Devices:The FakeID for Intel HD 630 59128086. and
Graphics: ig-platform-id=59120000 [√]InjectIntel.
That should fix your Graphics problem. I had a very long day and in my hurry to help, made a silly mistake. I feel really bad it caused you some problem.
Edit : if those values don't work try 19128086 19120000 ( you can find the first 4 digits of IntelHD real ID from CBM screen > GraphicsInjector -> section.
if it is 1912, then add 8086 to it as IntelGFX Fake ID and the 0000 at its end for the ig-platform-id . I cannot remember right off the top of my head numbers for so many processors just now.

Attachments

• Devices.png
    Devices.png
    210.3 KB · Views: 64
  • Graphics.png
    Graphics.png
    191 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
That worked like a charm! No need to apologize you have done a fantastic job at coaching an ignorant noob. I hope to somehow be able to return the favor for you. Sorry you had a long day I'm way to familiar with those...

What about the items in the 'Gui' tab? How do I make these items clickable and add the boot.efi to hide volume?

Next up getting sound, update to 10.13.4, then install my 1070.

Again thank you SO MUCH for all your help.

Open Clover_config.plis _Gui in CCV and click Plus to add what you want to hide.
There is another way using Custom entry Box and its Add(+) button and use UUID of the disk slice you want to hide. For that you have to use Terminal > diskutil list> then find the Partition Slice IDENTIFIER

diskutil list
It will list all disks and their partitions.[See image]
Th last Column is the IDENTIFIER like disk1 for the macOS HS disk
Each partition has its disk ID and Slice (partition ID) like for EFI : disk1s1
Recovery HD :disk1s3

Each partition has a UUID (Universally UniqueID)

To get that type a second cmd: Example:-

diskutil info /dev/disk2s5 [ENTER] a long string will appear as output. You copy that as that partition's UUID .
Use that UUID to hide in GUI Custom entry box. [See image]

I don't have the time to illustrate the steps in detail . But here are some rough images I have made,

Attachments

• 1.Gui_Hide.png
    1.Gui_Hide.png
    104.3 KB · Views: 93
  • 2diskutil list.png
    2diskutil list.png
    83.6 KB · Views: 92
  • 3.diskutil info .png
    3.diskutil info .png
    87.4 KB · Views: 93
  • 4.Gui Custom Hide.png
    4.Gui Custom Hide.png
    110.9 KB · Views: 95
Alright I got it thanks! I just saw your update for "Edit : if those values don't work try 19128086 19120000" so I will keep an eye out for that, but everything seems to be running smooth as butter right now. I made a carbon copy clone of my current state which seems stable. I still had 1 reboot where the screen went black as it was starting to come up, but nothing like before where it was at very random times.

I tried using AppleACL.kext for my sound from someone using another Asus claiming it made the SuperFX drivers work, but I've noticed on some of the hero builds here Voodoo seems to be the way to go. I'll try that next. Screen Shot 2018-04-05 at 11.52.56 PM.png

Alright I got it thanks! I just saw your update for "Edit : if those values don't work try 19128086 19120000" so I will keep an eye out for that, but everything seems to be running smooth as butter right now. I made a carbon copy clone of my current state which seems stable. I still had 1 reboot where the screen went black as it was starting to come up, but nothing like before where it was at very random times.

I tried using AppleACL.kext for my sound from someone using another Asus claiming it made the SuperFX drivers work, but I've noticed on some of the hero builds here Voodoo seems to be the way to go. I'll try that next. View attachment 323417
  • Dismiss my edited add on as irrelevant to your Graphics. Your Graphics is currently set with the right Config.plist entries.
  • Good you created a Clone of your current System Disk, very smart move. Now you can be bold to do any tests on your current disk without the fear of losing everything.
  • For your Audio, a modified Realtek ALC, with Asus' fancy name SuperFX, did you check Toleda's Audio GUIDE? If not check this https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/applehda-realtek-audio-guide.234732/#post-1606764.Toleda is the best in Hackintosh Audio consult.
  • Were you able to fix your CBM screen multi-boot icon problems?
    • See my HS 10.13.4 +Win10Pro+Ubuntu in CBM screen shot upload and related diskutil output+Gui screen for ideas if you need.

Attachments

• 1.CBM Screen multi-boot icons.png
    1.CBM Screen multi-boot icons.png
    929.1 KB · Views: 64
  • 1.kexts_Other.png
    1.kexts_Other.png
    39.3 KB · Views: 62
  • 2.diskutil _List.png
    2.diskutil _List.png
    40.3 KB · Views: 80
  • 3.Gui.png
    3.Gui.png
    90.8 KB · Views: 54
  • Dismiss my edited add on as irrelevant to your Graphics. Your Graphics is currently set with the right Config.plist entries.
  • Good you created a Clone of your current System Disk, very smart move. Now you can be bold to do any tests on your current disk without the fear of losing everything.
  • For your Audio, a modified Realtek ALC, with Asus' fancy name SuperFX, did you check Toleda's Audio GUIDE? If not check this https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/applehda-realtek-audio-guide.234732/#post-1606764.Toleda is the best in Hackintosh Audio consult.
  • Were you able to fix your CBM screen multi-boot icon problems?
    • See my HS 10.13.4 +Win10Pro+Ubuntu in CBM screen shot upload and related diskutil output+Gui screen for ideas if you need.

Good Morning,

Dismissed...

Yes and I already did lol. Thought everything was ready (except sound) to update to 13.4 but now display is very glitchy, but it does boot. Do I need to reinstall the kext files or get sound working first and revert back to my backup? I'm fairly certain with those I already had were the most recent versions available and if i could I got them from Rehab Man's distrobution

Did not try cloverALC.command. I did try this and I think I gave up to hastily. I had 2 different line out options (I thought that meant the front headphone jack and rear green jack), but others have said it's the internal speaker which I did not try....

I believe I made the corrections correctly, but perhaps not... I'm still showing numerous boot options on my CBS. I'll get a Screen shot of that later, but this isn't my biggest concern right now. I had Windows installed prior to Mac, but it is somewhat botched after doing many experiments trying to help my Wife with some of her work and just general experimenting so I'm planning on wiping it and starting fresh once HS is up and running 100%. So since I'm going with HS first which would be the easiest/best option to go with next? Linux then Windows 10 or vice versa. I don't think the linux distro matters, but just in case I'll be using either Mint or Feren.

Good Morning,

Dismissed...

Yes and I already did lol. Thought everything was ready (except sound) to update to 13.4 but now display is very glitchy, but it does boot. Do I need to reinstall the kext files or get sound working first and revert back to my backup? I'm fairly certain with those I already had were the most recent versions available and if i could I got them from Rehab Man's distrobution

Did not try cloverALC.command. I did try this and I think I gave up to hastily. I had 2 different line out options (I thought that meant the front headphone jack and rear green jack), but others have said it's the internal speaker which I did not try....

I believe I made the corrections correctly, but perhaps not... I'm still showing numerous boot options on my CBS. I'll get a Screen shot of that later, but this isn't my biggest concern right now. I had Windows installed prior to Mac, but it is somewhat botched after doing many experiments trying to help my Wife with some of her work and just general experimenting so I'm planning on wiping it and starting fresh once HS is up and running 100%. So since I'm going with HS first which would be the easiest/best option to go with next? Linux then Windows 10 or vice versa. I don't think the linux distro matters, but just in case I'll be using either Mint or Feren.
Good day to you too:)

now display is very glitchy, but it does boot. Do I need to reinstall the kext files or get sound working first and revert back to my backup? I'm fairly certain with those I already had were the most recent versions available and if i could I got them from Rehab Man's distrobution
  • If display is glitchy, make sure the video cable is firmly and securely inserted in the ports at either end of it.
  • Take another look inside BIOS setup and if the DVMT Pre-Allocated Memory is not 128M , set it at that .
  • Your config.plist FakeID and ig-platformID for Intel GFX HD 630 have been OK but reconfirm through CBM>GraphicsInjector->
  • Make sure you have the latest Lilu.kext, IntelGraphicsFixup.kext from RehabMan Bucket installed both in /CLOVER/kexts/Other and in /S/L/E
  • If video glitch is occurring only in a certain application, consider the possibility of problem with that Application and not with your Video driver or accessory kexts.
  • I would update only after I resolve current issues to avoid compounding them with added new OS version on top.
  • For sound, I will try Toleda's Audio command:audio_cloverALC-130.command. His GUIDE is not very easy for most and it seems there is an underlying expectation that readers may be as good as he is in the knowledge base! But once you get to know his style of writing and follow his method very carefully, you can find the gems inside. If I have Audio issue , I always consult his GUIDE. If I have Video issues, RehabMan would have already answered it in some place!.
which would be the easiest/best option to go with next? Linux then Windows 10 or vice versa.

It does not really matter very much. But for every initial install of an OS and update to its current, I would disconnect other OS system disks ( just disconnect Power plug) and reconnect only after the new OS is up to date the way you want. ALWAYS make macOS in SATA -0 or the First disk to boot in Boot Options in the BIOS Disabling all the others so that CLOVER will get them to CBM screen
I install maCOS >Windows >Linux in that order making sure GRUB won't try to grab Windows to boot through it or Windows would try to mess up CLOVER.
I'm still showing numerous boot options on my CBS. I'll get a Screen shot of that later, but this isn't my biggest concern right now.

Once I see a properly labeled CBM screen showing all the Device icons, I may be able to tell what may be the best option.

The display issue only occurred after the update. I've been reading the macOS 10.13.4 thread and looks like others had the same issue when it was released. I'll definitely go back and check what you suggested the only one I'm sure of is it's not the cable ;). (somewhat unrelated should I put DVMT higher than 128 if able?)

I want to go back and try what I did before. But I am also going to thoroughly read through Toledo's guide again...you guessed right if you thought I didn't find his guide to be the most user friendly haha.

Good to know about the boot order. I might do that now just because the GPU isn't connected so I have access to my Windows NVME. When you say "ALWAYS make macOS in SATA -0" what do you mean exactly? I need to do some research and/or contact ASUS because I can't seem to change my boot order, but I was hoping these clean installs would take care of that for me. I will definitely pick your brain some more once I have them all installed. Definitely want to be able to chose from CBM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back