Contribute
Register

[Solved] Trouble installing High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Additionally I am making sure to use a USB 2.0 slot on the back of the mobo. (not the one for flashing bios)

This error is typically the result of too many unnecessary fixes in config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Fixes.
Remove all of them (or set false), then enable only those you actually need.
I will also give this a try thanks!

Thanks to all of you for your help! It is actually installed now! The app installer I got put 10.13.3 on my device. I was able to get internet working and installed some kext via kext wizard. I would like your opinions before I move forward with my updates.

-Sound isn't working (Asus Maximus IX Hero so it has its own sound card)
-Have to use command -disablegfxfirmware on clover to boot

Haven't really tested out to much just want to make sure I'm going in the right direction. Attached is the clover file i am currently using. I believe I installed all the kext there.

Attachments

• clover-efi.zip
    25 MB · Views: 45
Last edited:
Also want to note that during the install there was a couple of times the screen blacked out and I had to restart. It wasn't until after preventing apfs and completing the install boot I needed to use -disablegfxfirmware on clover.

Thanks to all of you for your help! It is actually installed now! The app installer I got put 10.13.3 on my device. I was able to get internet working and installed some kext via kext wizard. I would like your opinions before I move forward with my updates.

-Sound isn't working (Asus Maximus IX Hero so it has its own sound card)
-Have to use command -disablegfxfirmware on clover to boot

Haven't really tested out to much just want to make sure I'm going in the right direction. Attached is the clover file i am currently using. I believe I installed all the kext there.

• Your CLOVER has a lot of errors. I will go through that in details and post my answer later when I get a chance.
    • For your immediate attention, I am uploading Clover/kexts/Other folder viewed in CCV and marked to show the problems. Please remove Applications like "Kext Wizard" and "HW Monitor" from kexts/Other and paste them in your "Documents" folder of the System disk for future installation or if you want to use them sooner, place them in the "Applications" folder
    • I don't believe you need any "FakeSMC....Sensor kexts"; remove them
    • Take out the "USBInjectAll.kext" from its folder and place that in kext in "Other" , you may save the Folder with the kext in Documents for future use.
    • You can add your "Ethernet.kext" in "Other" ( it is not there now.)
    • I did not see the required "IntelGraphicsFixup.kext" to use your Intel HD Graphics properly; but the needed "Lilu" and "Shiki" are there .

Attachments

• kexts:Other.png
    kexts:Other.png
    48.2 KB · Views: 64
  • Your CLOVER has a lot of errors. I will go through that in details and post my answer later when I get a chance.
    • For your immediate attention, I am uploading Clover/kexts/Other folder viewed in CCV and marked to show the problems. Please remove Applications like "Kext Wizard" and "HW Monitor" from kexts/Other and paste them in your "Documents" folder of the System disk for future installation or if you want to use them sooner, place them in the "Applications" folder
    • I don't believe you need any "FakeSMC....Sensor kexts"; remove them
    • Take out the "USBInjectAll.kext" from its folder and place that in kext in "Other" , you may save the Folder with the kext in Documents for future use.
    • You can add your "Ethernet.kext" in "Other" ( it is not there now.)
    • I did not see the required "IntelGraphicsFixup.kext" to use your Intel HD Graphics properly; but the needed "Lilu" and "Shiki" are there .

Ah okay I wasn't sure. Super noob here and its my first attempt. I used the kext wizard so do I also need to remove the FakeSMC and other Kext out of /S/L/E?

Again I greatly appreciate all the help everyone has given me.

Ah okay I wasn't sure. Super noob here and its my first attempt. I used the kext wizard so do I also need to remove the FakeSMC and other Kext out of /S/L/E?

Again I greatly appreciate all the help everyone has given me.
Fake SMC.kext is a MUST have kext in "Other" Other Essential kexts: Ethernet.kext for your LAN and the Graphics assist kexts like IntelGraphicsFixup+Lilu+Shiki .

The FakeSMC ... SENSOR kexts are not needed and can be Trashed. But, don't throw the 'FakeSMC.kext baby' with the FakeSMC Sensor kext" bathwater' :)

The two Apps must be saved elsewhere not in kext folder. Kext Wizard is a Tool to install kexts in your System/Library/Extensions/ folder of the System Hard disk or SSD. You can copy and paste that to Applications folder of the System disk. When you have to install. kext (like IntelGraphicsFixup for example into the S/L/E you can launch KW and click its "Installation" menu , place a check (√) in the box of "Backup kext that will be replaced" and the click Browse>to locate where you have kext IntelGraphicsFixup.kext (usually on the Desktop) to start installation.
Once installed instantaneously, click "Maintenance" menu place [√]/S/L/E and [√]Repair Permission >Execute .

Fake SMC.kext is a MUST have kext in "Other" Other Essential kexts: Ethernet.kext for your LAN and the Graphics assist kexts like IntelGraphicsFixup+Lilu+Shiki .

The FakeSMC ... SENSOR kexts are not needed and can be Trashed. But, don't throw the 'FakeSMC.kext baby' with the FakeSMC Sensor kext" bathwater' :)

The two Apps must be saved elsewhere not in kext folder. Kext Wizard is a Tool to install kexts in your System/Library/Extensions/ folder of the System Hard disk or SSD. You can copy and paste that to Applications folder of the System disk. When you have to install. kext (like IntelGraphicsFixup for example into the S/L/E you can launch KW and click its "Installation" menu , place a check (√) in the box of "Backup kext that will be replaced" and the click Browse>to locate where you have kext IntelGraphicsFixup.kext (usually on the Desktop) to start installation.
Once installed instantaneously, click "Maintenance" menu place [√]/S/L/E and [√]Repair Permission >Execute .

GASP! Okay I think I got it. And when I installed it before I did make sure to click "Backup Kext that will be replaced" because backup lol. I thought I grabbed all the correct Kext and maybe I just didn't copy the IntelGraphicsFixup.kext over. Should be easily fixed. I do believe I did use KW to install all those kext on the zip file. So how to I remove/uninstall FakeSMC ... Sensor kexts?

GASP! Okay I think I got it. And when I installed it before I did make sure to click "Backup Kext that will be replaced" because backup lol. I thought I grabbed all the correct Kext and maybe I just didn't copy the IntelGraphicsFixup.kext over. Should be easily fixed. I do believe I did use KW to install all those kext on the zip file. So how to I remove/uninstall FakeSMC ... Sensor kexts?
If you don't experience any problem, you don't have to take the trouble to remove the installed kexts from /System/Library/Extensions.

If you are forced to remove because of problem from the kext for example: FakeSMC_ACPISensors.kext, you can do it via terminal like:
sudo rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/FakeSMC_ACPISensors.kext

Please go through your entire config.plist menu by menu and edit as needed. I have found several issues with ACPI and other sections. I will check that again in a bit when I get some free time.

Edited config.plist menu viewed in CCV uploaded.

Attachments

• 1.ACPI.png
    1.ACPI.png
    306.9 KB · Views: 85
  • 2.Boot.png
    2.Boot.png
    226.1 KB · Views: 74
  • 3.Devices.png
    3.Devices.png
    219.5 KB · Views: 78
  • 4.Gui.png
    4.Gui.png
    228.8 KB · Views: 96
  • 5.Graphics.png
    5.Graphics.png
    199.5 KB · Views: 74
  • 6.Kernel and Kext Patches.png
    6.Kernel and Kext Patches.png
    174 KB · Views: 87
  • 7.Rt Variables.png
    7.Rt Variables.png
    225.1 KB · Views: 82
  • 8.SMBIOS.png
    8.SMBIOS.png
    264.2 KB · Views: 76
  • 9.System Paramwters.png
    9.System Paramwters.png
    257.9 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:
If you don't experience any problem, you don't have to take the trouble to remove the installed kexts from /System/Library/Extensions.

If you are forced to remove because of problem from the kext for example: FakeSMC_ACPISensors.kext, you can do it via terminal like:
sudo rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/FakeSMC_ACPISensors.kext

Please go through your entire config.plist menu by menu and edit as needed. I have found several issues with ACPI and other sections. I will check that again in a bit when I get some free time.

Will do once I get home. I am at work and not able to access it yet...(project for another day with my VNC account) I am eagerly waiting for your input once you get the time of course. Once I finally got it up last night it was late so I didn't have a whole lot of time to tinker or tweak anything. You have been a great help so far. Drinks are on me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back