Asus Maximus IX Hero
CPU
Intel i7 7700K
Graphics
Nvidia 1070
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi Everyone,

I am having issues trying to install High Sierra on my system. I believe the drive is 10.13.2 at least because I had to delete a hidden file (.IAPhysicalMedia) to get the installer to show up in clover in the first place. This was using the latest copy of Unibeast 8.2.

Full System Specs:

Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero
Intel i7 7700K
32 GB DDR 4 RAM
8GB EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 FTW HYBRID
Corsair H100i v2
1TB Samsung 850 SATA SSD
512 Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe (M2_1 slot)
256 Western Digital WD Black M.2 NVMe (M2_2 slot)

Goal: To have a triple boot setup - Windows 10 - MacOS - Linux

WD for Mac
960 for Windows and small 100GB partition for Linux
1TB 850 for what the hell ever

As of right now everything is backed up so there is no risk of losing any data. Currently I have Sierra 10.12.6 install on the 850 SSD. I have also been told that I need to inject APFS.EFI into Clover. I found a thread on here tried the suggestions and downloaded the file for 10.13.2 with no change.
image5.jpeg
image4.jpeg
image2.jpeg

I have tried with and without verbose, vanilla install and tinkering with settings, trying to have my bios set to PEG and IGFX. While not in verbose mode playing around with PEG I get the display shown in attachment discolored, but it seems to stall at the halfway mark. Using non PEG it is the same and not discolored.

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated. I am out of ideas... Again it's basically a clean slate for me so even if I need to install one of the other operating systems first it isn't a problem, but since High Sierra is the pain point I wanted to start with it. Please let me know if there is any other information I can provide in order to help you help me solve this problem. Thanks again!

Attachments

• image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 55
  • image3.jpeg
    image3.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 65
From where did you download High Sierra ?

I got the High Sierra Installer app from the Apple Servers.

That happens about halfway through the install when I try to install using dedicated GPU instead of the intel setting it to PEG instead of IGFX. When I use IGFX it does not discolor like that.

I was not able to obtain the installer app via apple store by normal means (kept getting the 20mb file tried on multiple machines) So I used d o s 1. I found you mentioned on another thread that they actually pull from Apple's Servers. So I trusted it.

If there is another better way I am open to suggestions.

I was not able to obtain the installer app via apple store by normal means (kept getting the 20mb file tried on multiple machines) So I used d o s 1. I found you mentioned on another thread that they actually pull from Apple's Servers. So I trusted it.
  • Remove your Nvidia PCIE graphics and Install using Intel HD 630 .
  • Once the System is stable (and even updated to the latest ) and functioning well on Intel HD Graphics 630 with its own bootloader, install Nvidia Webdriver for the 10.13.4 to the System , install support kexts like latest Lilu.kext and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext into System/Library/Extensions using Kext wizard, and copy and paste to CLOVER/kexts/Other and edit config.plist to remove InjectIntel and making sure System Parameters has [√]NvidiwaWeb and Inject Kexts =Yes and then reboot>BIOS >Change Initial Graphics Display to PCIE and DISABLE Intel Processor Graphics, Save Settings >Reboot>Shut Down>Remove Power Cord and Reinsert the previously removed NVIDIA PCIE Graphics and connect the Monitor to PCIE Graphics >Power cable back in , and reboot the System Disk.

• Remove your Nvidia PCIE graphics and Install using Intel HD 630 .
  • Once the System is stable (and even updated to the latest ) and functioning well on Intel HD Graphics 630 with its own bootloader, install Nvidia Webdriver for the 10.13.4 to the System , install support kexts like latest Lilu.kext and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext into System/Library/Extensions using Kext wizard, and copy and paste to CLOVER/kexts/Other and edit config.plist to remove InjectIntel and making sure System Parameters has [√]NvidiwaWeb and Inject Kexts =Yes and then reboot>BIOS >Change Initial Graphics Display to PCIE and DISABLE Intel Processor Graphics, Save Settings >Reboot>Shut Down>Remove Power Cord and Reinsert the previously removed NVIDIA PCIE Graphics and connect the Monitor to PCIE Graphics >Power cable back in , and reboot the System Disk.

I was afraid of that and was hoping to only do that as a last resort...oh well. My gpu has a mounted radiator for liquid cooling so it's not the most fun to move around. Also I primarily use a display port is that any cause for concern?

I was afraid of that and was hoping to only do that as a last resort...oh well. My gpu has a mounted radiator for liquid cooling so it's not the most fun to move around. Also I primarily use a display port is that any cause for concern?
For the IGFX, you may need to connect to HDMI or DVI-D ( as there is no DP) but for your NVIDIA you can connect to DP.
I have not seen a successful install using Non- native NVIDIA before installing NVIDIA WebDriver while installing High Sierra on HDD. Even disconnecting PCIE Power to PCIE Graphics does not seem to help; the card has to be off of the PCIE slot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back