Contribute
Register

[solved] Trackpad preference pane is blank

Status
Not open for further replies.
For all people they ask for a script:
put these files to: /Library/LaunchDaemons/

make sure to have ioio installed.

Note that you must copy them with the correct permissions (use 'sudo cp').
And you must make touchpad.command executable (use 'chmod +x touchpad.command')
Also ioio must be in the path, with correct permissions...

One question I have,
When I disable or don't use this:
ioio -s ApplePS2SynapticsTouchPad DragLock 0

All time with double tap on the trackpad the item is fixed.
Is this normal? I don't have patched or an other prefpane.
Perhaps I don't understand whats draglock mean.
I would like disable by double touch the fixing feature.

One question I have,
When I disable or don't use this:
ioio -s ApplePS2SynapticsTouchPad DragLock 0

All time with double tap on the trackpad the item is fixed.
Is this normal? I don't have patched or an other prefpane.
Perhaps I don't understand whats draglock mean.
I would like disable by double touch the fixing feature.

If you're asking how to disable the temporary DragLock (1 sec automatic drag lock) on double-tap+hold, set DragExitDelayTime to zero.

Rehab Man... sorry for the delay in response... work/life kept me away from my Hackintosh for a few days. Rather than run the installer again, I just restored the /S/L/PP folder from a Time Machine backup, which seemed to work fine. Then I ran the edited commands, and everything appears to be successful... except the Trackpad still won't connect. It will find the trackpad (Magic Mouse), and prompt me to continue... but then it gives me a failure to connect message and reverts to "No Trackpad Found." Any thoughts on something else I might try? Or do I just have to live without my trackpad?

I should note that it is connecting to my Bluetooth keyboard just fine, so I don't think it's a card/antenna issue...

Rehab Man... sorry for the delay in response... work/life kept me away from my Hackintosh for a few days. Rather than run the installer again, I just restored the /S/L/PP folder from a Time Machine backup, which seemed to work fine. Then I ran the edited commands, and everything appears to be successful... except the Trackpad still won't connect. It will find the trackpad (Magic Mouse), and prompt me to continue... but then it gives me a failure to connect message and reverts to "No Trackpad Found." Any thoughts on something else I might try? Or do I just have to live without my trackpad?

I should note that it is connecting to my Bluetooth keyboard just fine, so I don't think it's a card/antenna issue...

You didn't use a quoted reply, so I'm not even sure what the main issue is.

Rehabman, I do appreciate your responses, and am sorry for frustrating you. I am doing my best to learn to be self-sufficient, so I appreciate your patience. Here's what I did precisely:

• Manually moved Trackpad.prefPane from the /S/L/PP folder where I had manually placed it yesterday onto the desktop.
  • Launched Terminal.
  • Cut and pasted this command from your post into Terminal: sudo rm -Rf /System/Library/PreferencePanes.
  • Pressed return.
  • I was prompted for my password, which I entered.
  • Upon password acceptance, and the new bash cursor, I cut and pasted the following command from your post into Terminal: sudo cp -R ~/Desktop/Trackpad.prefPane /System/Library/PreferencePanes.
  • Pressed return.
  • When the best bash cursor came up, I closed terminal and restarted the computer.
  • Once restarted, none of the Preference Panes would load, per the photo attached earlier and am reattaching here.

The remaining photos show the contents of S/L/PP as they currently stand. If there is anything I can do to avoid a clean install, I'd appreciate knowing it. Thanks again for your patience.

Rehab man, my apologies... not sure which post is the best to quote to help identify the issue, so I'll use this one. Just trying to get the Trackpad to work.

Rehab man, my apologies... not sure which post is the best to quote to help identify the issue, so I'll use this one. Just trying to get the Trackpad to work.

Which trackpad is in your laptop? Which laptop is it? There is no laptop in your profile...

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

Mobo: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
Mobo: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Note: When specifying your bootloader, if using Clover legacy, please be sure to specify "Clover legacy"). Specifying "Clover" will be assumed as "Clover UEFI"

Can you tell me the command for ioio to make the mouse faster or slower? Best Regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back