Contribute
Register

[solved] Trackpad preference pane is blank

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry... I've been working not this so much over the last week, my brain is a little fried. I didn't put it in where the kexts go... I put it in S/L/PreferencePanes as opposed to ~/L/PreferencePanes. I apologize for typing it wrong. So... would that make a difference?

/System/Library/PreferencePanes is the correct location.

Make sure you copy it correctly... use:
Code:
sudo rm -Rf /System/Library/PreferencePanes/Trackpad.prefPane
sudo cp -R Trackpad.prefPane /System/Library/PreferencePanes

If you copy it correctly in the first place, no need to "repair permissions"...

Last edited:
/System/Library/PreferencePanes is the correct location.

Make sure you copy it correctly... use:
Code:
sudo rm -Rf /System/Library/PreferencePanes
sudo cp -R Trackpad.prefPane /System/Library/PreferencePanes

If you copy it correctly in the first place, no need to "repair permissions"...

Ah. Of course. So, the Preference Pane should be on the desktop when I execute the above in Terminal?

So, the Preference Pane should be on the desktop when I execute the above in Terminal?

Up to you to set the current directory or modify the command appropriately.

If it was on the desktop:
Code:
sudo rm -Rf /System/Library/PreferencePanes/Trackpad.prefPane
sudo cp -R ~/Desktop/Trackpad.prefPane /System/Library/PreferencePanes

Last edited:
Up to you to set the current directory or modify the command appropriately.

If it was on the desktop:
Code:
sudo rm -Rf /System/Library/PreferencePanes
sudo cp -R ~/Desktop/Trackpad.prefPane /System/Library/PreferencePanes

Much obliged.

Rehab man... I goofed... I copied and pasted directly from the browser, forgetting to put in my computer name. Now the system preferences won't load at all. Is there a command to undo the damage? Or do I have too start from scratch. :(

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-10-18 at 9.37.10 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-10-18 at 9.37.10 AM.png
    103.4 KB · Views: 275
Rehab man... I goofed... I copied and pasted directly from the browser, forgetting to put in my computer name. Now the system preferences won't load at all. Is there a command to undo the damage? Or do I have too start from scratch. :(

I have no idea what you actually did ("copied and pasted directly from browser, forgetting to put in my computer name" is nonsense to me).

If you damaged your system, run the macOS installer to correct it.

Could somebody explain step by step how to make this launch daemon? I've only managed to save ioio in /usr/bin and run the script through terminal:
Code:
ioio -s ApplePS2SynapticsTouchPad Clicking 1
ioio -s ApplePS2SynapticsTouchPad Dragging 1
ioio -s ApplePS2SynapticsTouchPad TrackpadRightClick 1
ioio -s ApplePS2SynapticsTouchPad DragLock 1
And It worked but I have no idea how to create launch daemons.

Could somebody explain step by step how to make this launch daemon? I've only managed to save ioio in /usr/bin and run the script through terminal:
Code:
ioio -s ApplePS2SynapticsTouchPad Clicking 1
ioio -s ApplePS2SynapticsTouchPad Dragging 1
ioio -s ApplePS2SynapticsTouchPad TrackpadRightClick 1
ioio -s ApplePS2SynapticsTouchPad DragLock 1
And It worked but I have no idea how to create launch daemons.

Create a shellscript (.sh) that makes calls to ioio (as you show above). Then create a LaunchDaemon plist to refer to that script. Refer to org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.Daemon.plist as an example and read the related documentation provided by Apple.

I apologize for being unclear. What I meant was I copied and pasted your provided code from your message. On the second command:

~/Desktop/Trackpad.prefPane /System/Library/PreferencePanes

I forgot to replace the "~" with my computer name. I entered the command exactly as above. Is there any way to undo this short of doing a complete new install? Thanks.

I apologize for being unclear. What I meant was I copied and pasted your provided code from your message. On the second command:

I forgot to replace the "~" with my computer name. I entered the command exactly as above. Is there any way to undo this short of doing a complete new install? Thanks.

The command can be used as-is. The ~ refers to your user directory. You should probably read a tutorial on bash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back