Contribute
Register

[solved] Trackpad preference pane is blank

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you point to those examples cannot find them on GitHub.

One relatively extensive example is in the u430 repo where overrides are done for the keyboard and trackpad. See SSDT-HACK.dsl, look for PS2K.

One relatively extensive example is in the u430 repo where overrides are done for the keyboard and trackpad. See SSDT-HACK.dsl, look for PS2K.

And what is the main reason not do make changes in the info.plist, but create ssdt?

And what is the main reason not do make changes in the info.plist, but create ssdt?

Easier to update the kext and keep your settings.

Would someone be so kind as to explain the process for extracting the preference pane from El Capitan? I can't seem to see it in the PreferencePanes folder...

Okay, I have the preference pane... one last question and I'll stop. How do I repair the permissions?

Okay, I did some Googling and it looks like you fix permissions by running Disk Utility? I did so, and on restart the Trackpad preference pane DID recognize my Trackpad, but it would't connect. After the failed connection attempt it said "no trackpad found." I've attached images. Any thoughts? I put the prefpane in S/L/E... should I have put it in ~/L/E? Would that make a difference?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-10-18 at 8.54.58 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-10-18 at 8.54.58 AM.png
    39.6 KB · Views: 299
  • Screen Shot 2016-10-18 at 8.55.19 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-10-18 at 8.55.19 AM.png
    37.1 KB · Views: 307
  • Screen Shot 2016-10-18 at 8.56.23 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-10-18 at 8.56.23 AM.png
    39 KB · Views: 297
Okay, I did some Googling and it looks like you fix permissions by running Disk Utility? I did so, and on restart the Trackpad preference pane DID recognize my Trackpad, but it would't connect. After the failed connection attempt it said "no trackpad found." I've attached images. Any thoughts? I put the prefpane in S/L/E... should I have put it in ~/L/E? Would that make a difference?

The prefpane is not a kext. Why are you putting it where kexts go?

The prefpane is not a kext. Why are you putting it where kexts go?

I'm sorry... I've been working not this so much over the last week, my brain is a little fried. I didn't put it in where the kexts go... I put it in S/L/PreferencePanes as opposed to ~/L/PreferencePanes. I apologize for typing it wrong. So... would that make a difference?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back