Contribute
Register

[Solved] Stuck at "mbinit: done [128MB total pool size, (85/42 split]"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try setting your boot arguments on your installation USB to this:

-v, cpus=1, dart=0, nv_disable=1

Hi,
I have the same problem but intermittently which means that I don't really know when will happen (sometime I have just to unplug the hackintosh from the power, wait a few minutes and try again).
I tried adding this parameter "cpu=1" however when my PC was booted I noticed that it was really really slow. I checked the number of cores by hitting the command "sysctl -n hw.ncpu" and I noticed that I had only 1 core which slows down the system entirely so I had to remove the flag.
any advise?

PS: the URL below is no longer available: Page Not Found.

I had the same effect.
My sierra was running like a charm - but yesterday I had a crash/reboot with some error message on boot to recover some settings.
After that it stuck on apple logo on boot...

I fixed it by set XHCI Hand-off: Enabled on BIOS. I'm really sure that I had that flag Enabled before - maybe this crash and restore changed the settings in the BIOS.

>> short hand solution for me: change XHCI Hand-off: Enabled in BIOS

I too am stuck in this rut and haven't yet been able to get past it either. I'm running with a minimal setup using onboard Intel video but will try dropping in an Nvidia to see if anything changes. So far nothing I change in boot arguments or bios options has been changing anything.

Gigabyte GA-H170N-WIFI
16 Gb DDR4
Crucial MX300 SSD

I'll keep at it but if others have gotten past this I'd love to hear it! Thanks!

Did you happen to update your BIOS and forget to go back through and recheck the settings. That's what happened to me when I got this error.

I can confirm, setting XHCI Hand-Off to Enabled did the trick

Thanks guys
The error did disappear, but now it says "too many corpses being created". How to fix that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back